• Show
Clear All

yah, we do need to fight

but do we have to pay it (All) back?

I think lego is taking advantage of us

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Interesting note from vondrack, including his take on the Bobians.

Hi, Beta!

Well... regarding GoW and RPers... I do not really think either of them is in a position to wage war effectively. Once you look at the map, you will realize that GoW most probably "lacks the punch"... missing a key resource (you probably noticed Togas' note in the public forum)... likely to be unable to obtain it from any of the two remaining Bobian civs...

RPers are said to have a large military, but a little bit defensively oriented and currently in the process of massively upgrading warriors to swordsmen (besides, they consider other Bobians their main competitors). If I was to assess the situation, I would seriously consider only ND... but then, I can always be wrong, so take my "feelings" and "impressions" with a grain of salt.

I'd say that if you appease or "keep involved to a limited extent only" GoW and RP (and I believe that it should be possible, if you are generous enough - especially GoW seem to be "appeasable" if you throw in Monotheism... and RPers are less than keen on waging wars over the part of Bob you landed upon - just see the map), there will be only one enemy left for you - ND. After all, ND is more of a threat for GoW & RPers than you ATM...

However... as long as trusting anyone... now that is difficult to say. Out of my experience, I tend to trust GhengisFarb (GoW). So far, he's been very trustworthy and always stood in his word. I am not sure if saying the same about RPers would be 100% correct... even though our relations with them are quite fine now.

Be careful... that's the best advice I can give you... not much, I know...

Cheers,
      Radek

quote:
      Hi vondrack. I am at work right now - and can't confirm until later today. I got your pm with the written deal. Thank-you very much. Should be no problem in ratifying it.

BTW - has your view changed at all regarding RP. We are engaged in some pretty heavy duty discussions right now with the Bobians, and it is difficult to figure out what is up, and who to trust.

GoW and NeuD have declared war on us. we are continuing to talk, and trying to decide whether we stay and make a fight of it - or call it a day. Should be interesting if it is the former. .... Beta.
      quote:

vondrack wrote on 25-03-2003 10:53:
      Hi!

Just briefly checking if you got the email I sent you about an hour ago. It had a HUGE attachment (the full scale map and the chatlog) and I am not 100% sure if your mailbox was large enough to absorb it.

Cheers,
      Radek

P.S.: I am really glad that Togas and GF revealed the lux/resource standings of their lands in public... now it is easier to cover the fact that you know what they were talking about from the map I sent you... since it might be considered to be an educated guess...
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Interesting indeed....

Comment

I can handle very large attachments so he can send it to me, if it is too large?
          "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Comment

hmm

with this map I think that the deal with Lego is good

(200 gold plus map for 150 gold (later) plus monotheism)

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I agree, especially since we are also getting money off Mono from others. Unfortunately, I can not take a look at the map until I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                hmm

with this map I think that the deal with Lego is good

(200 gold plus map for 150 gold (later) plus monotheism)

Jon Miller
                - plus it ensures indirectly that we get currency, contsruction, and republic - a deal which was in somehat doubt - and it covers our tracks with GS - and it builds longr-term good-will with Lego.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Agreement signed by Lego and us.

RE: agreement
                  quote:
                  Vox-Lego Monotheism Trade Agreement of 1050BC

Hereby, Vox Controli and Legoland agree upon that:

1) Legoland will provide Vox Controli with 100 gold at its earliest convenience (no later than on its Turn 81, so that Vox Controli receives the money on its Turn 82).

2) Vox Controli will provide Legoland with the "free" technology granted to scientific civilizations upon entering the medieval ages (most probably Monotheism in this case) on the very turn Vox Controli receives it.

3) Legoland will provide Vox Controli with 100 more gold immediately upon the receipt of the "free medieval" technology mentioned in the previous paragraph.

4) Vox Controli will repay 150 gold back to Legoland within 30 turns of receiving the second part of the "loan" (see the previous paragraph).

5) Both teams agree that it may be possible to negotiate using a technology to repay part or whole of the 150 gold "loan".

6) Legoland will not be allowed to resell/trade/gift the technology received from Vox Controli, unless expressly authorized by an amendment to this trade agreement.

7) Both teams agree to disclose no details of this trade agreement to a third party.

Signed BetaHound, Voice of Foreign Affairs, and Director of the Voxian Economic Council, Vox Controli. 1050BC

Signed vondrack, The President of Legoland, 1050BC

Comment

Wow! It looks our war plans with GS is coming on strong! Using cash to upgrade units is brillant instead of the long time it would take to build the units. Cash is the best way!
                    Arg-ha Lardgoa

Comment

"One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Talked with vondrack this evening - our first instalment of cash is coming this turn or the next.

Comment

Received from vondrack today. Looks like the deal is proceeding - and the good news is they are pulling more cash out of GS.

RE: ptwdg - turn

Yeah, we did get the save... but as we discovered Currency on the previous turn (and consequently went medieval), we have been sort of... ahem... "finalizing" our trade agreement with GS. It was unbelievably funny - how their point of view and approach changed when they realized they were completely wrong in their assumptions... All of a sudden their superiority was completely gone... I enjoyed our correspondence with DeepO big time yesterday. Prior to us "illustrating" the situation by "sending", but not "accepting" C+C to them, they were talking about that the deal would actually end up in our favour, if we simply swapped C+C for the Republic... in the end, after checking we were the only source of Currency and the only source of Construction in the whole world, they were happy to pay 80 extra gold to balance the deal... I almost died from laughing. But this is exactly what they deserved for trying to rip us off...

Thankfully, the treaties are now signed and ratified (I am just playing the turn) and unless GS intentionally delays providing Curr+Constr to you, you should receive it from them on this very turn (resale rights specifically granted to them). Let me know if they do not provide it to you, we would have to adjust our strategy accordingly (but do not tell them I told you ).

We will have the next payment of 100 gold ready on the next turn, no problem - provide us with Monotheism and 100 gold is with you immediately.

Cheers,
                          Radek

Comment

Had a lengthy chat with Nimitz from Lego this afternoon.

They are negotiating with GS for feudalism. They are now aware of our plans. They wish us luck.

GS informed them that they would have feudalism in 8 turns, 4 at their fastest research rate. But that they would only do that if they had deals in the works.

They are postponing any deal with GS - and will not buy feudalism from them. This is to directly support our efforts.

There would appear to be future money on the table in the way of a loan.

And I hinted at a long-term alliiance - as it long-term to the end of the game.

Eli and I started chatting about long-term alliances. We should start a thread to discuss them in greater detail.

Comment

Does Lego have a harbor and do they have extra horses they could send our way?

Comment

Hmm - good question. We would need to get a harbor in quickly. They are not cheap. Pop rush?

Comment

Working...
                                X