Lego FA thread 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BetaHound

Yes - and it would appear that GoW was suppose to provide contact with Lego but has not. We should question them about that.
    Yes, I got the same impression...

Comment

Diss said:
      we can get contact from GS right? that shouldn't be a problem. We should be able to get it real cheap.
      GS should give it to us. If they can turn a Lux gold/city arrangement into a tech deal to get gold from us then contact with Lego should be treated the same way and GS should give us contact for half of what they paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by HarryH

GS should give it to us. If they can turn a Lux gold/city arrangement into a tech deal to get gold from us then contact with Lego should be treated the same way and GS should give us contact for half of what they paid for it.
        Yup. That's the way I see it working as well.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

My proposed response to vondrack. Please comment. Jon - are you OK with the description of our relationship with GS? More? Less?

Vondrack - esteemed and blocky leader of the Lego people.

Thank-you for your recent letter. It would appear we have much to talk about.

We would be interested in currency - if the price is fair. We promise not to reveal your research path to Neu Demogyptica.

We too have completed a number of trades with GoW. To-date, they have been honorable trading partners. GoW has also offered contact with you. The price is not clear yet. Neu Demogyptica was asking 50 gold.

We are on good terms with GS. We have conducted a number of trades from early in the game, and have enjoyed peaceful co-existence on our continent. We consider them friends. That being said, we would still like to establish contact and relations with you directly.

I am also curious as to how your messaging of the Luxian tragedy went with your team, after our earlier correspondence.

I tust all is well with you and the industrious folks of Legoland.

Regards and best wishes,

BetaHound, VFA, Vox Controli
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

yah

I think it is ok

anybody else?

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Yep. Looks good to me too.
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

OK - letter as written above sent to vondrack of legoland.

Comment

Good to me
                  "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Comment

Another option. Received today.

Greetings from Legoland!
                    Hello again my friend,

Woof, woof! Khmm, hmm, sorry, I mean, glad to see you again

We haven't talked for a long time, and I'm really sorry for that. I know it was a difficult decision and yet I haven't even thank you for the minimap exchange. Thank you Unfortunately the GodZ of Civ3 have put us on very distant locations on the map and this has clearly influenced our (lack of) relations until now. This will hopefully change in the near future (the relations, not the location ), and in regard to this issue I have good news for you: first, we are going te get your contact soon and second, I'm the new ambassador to Vox Controli

With the official contact being almost established, we should maybe begin working on those mutually beneficial arrangements we were talking bout.

The first trade that is doable right now is perhaps a tech exchange, or more precisely a future tech exchange arrangement. Like I said in my previous message, we are not behind in the tech race. Let's just say that the lesser tribes living in huts were very, very friendly with us Also in the last couple of turns we managed to sign some very good tech deals, therefor we can offer you the following proposal:

In less than 10 turns we can offer you Construction and Currency. This would allow to your nation to enter the next age. In return we would like your free tech, the one you get once you go medieval.

Well, this is just a rough proposal, please feel free to make a counter proposal in case you want it changed, have other ideas, want some other tech, etc. We thought this would be the best solution in this case, as we could start from the same point in the medieval times, but we are open to discuss any proposal.

Just one comment in regard to my ambassadorship: given my limited online time, please contact me in PMs or emails for any businesses related to Legoland but in case you need urgent talking with us (chat), please contact Vondrack (our President) or Nimitz (our FA). However, in case we agree on scheduled chats, I will try to be there.

Best regards to the Voxian people.

Cheers,
                    Tiberius the Enlightened (Minister of Economy and Science)
                    Legoland

Comment

And from vondrack - same idea.

RE: Greetings from Vox
                      Hello, BetaHound!

I am terribly sorry for my delayed responses... for the last couple of days, I have been overwhelmed with events happening in PtWDG, ISDG, and most importantly, in my RL (business)... I managed to handle only the most urgent matters.

I haven't reported on the Lux affair yet - to my greatest sorrow, I have had to keep postponing it, having other very urgent matters to focus on. I seriously hope to be able to finally catch up today and PM you for approval about what I would like to post on our board.

Now, as for trading opportunities. Reviewing the deals we have arranged or are arranging at the moment, it seems that we would probably be able to provide you with any ancient technology you pick, except the gov techs.

Now, quite obviously, you have (or, more precisely, you will have) something quite valuable once you leave the ancient times - the "free scientific" tech. Would you consider a deal, where Lego provides all techs you may need to enter medieval times (no later than on Turn 84; most probably on Turn 83), while Vox provide the "free scientific" tech in exchange on the next turn? That would be something we would be happy to go for.

Do not pay for our contact, please, we are very likely to get it from another team as part of a more complex deal very soon.

Would it be possible to schedule a chat with you or one of your members authorized to talk about this proposal?

Have a nice day (I mean it... )
                      Radek

Comment

Sounds like a good deal, unless GoW accepts our already submitted proposal for Construction + gold. If GoW accepts them we should ask for Currency + gold from Lego.

Comment

proposed Lego deal, exactly as was discussed with vondrack. As I stated earlier - on teh surface it looks like we are selling mono for 50 gold. But we get 200 up front - when we need it. And 100 of that in 3 turns as an advance. We also get a map of Bob. And this deal clinches the GS-Lego part of the deal which makes us look less independent because we have to get the techs from GS - we are so weak and useless. And it makes Lego happy - which I suspect are our long term partners.

quote:
                          Vox-Lego Monotheism Trade Agreement of 1050BC

Hereby, Vox Controli and Legoland agree upon that:

1) Legoland will provide Vox Controli with 100 gold at its earliest convenience (no later than on its Turn 81, so that Vox Controli receives the money on its Turn 82).

2) Vox Controli will provide Legoland with the "free" technology granted to scientific civilizations upon entering the medieval ages (most probably Monotheism in this case) on the very turn Vox Controli receives it.

3) Legoland will provide Vox Controli with 100 more gold immediately upon the receipt of the "free medieval" technology mentioned in the previous paragraph.

4) Vox Controli will repay 150 gold back to Legoland within 30 turns of receiving the second part of the "loan" (see the previous paragraph).

5) Both teams agree that it may be possible to negotiate using a technology to repay part or whole of the 150 gold "loan".

6) Legoland will not be allowed to resell/trade/gift the technology received from Vox Controli, unless expressly authorized by an amendment to this trade agreement.

7) Both teams agree to disclose no details of this trade agreement to a third party.

Comment

so we are selling our tech for 50 gold?

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

yeah, sounds a little low, but we need the money soon so it is ok with me
                              "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                                so we are selling our tech for 50 gold?

Jon Miller
                                OK jon - now I am starting to get frustrated. You are taking little pieces of the puzzle - holding them up for scrutiny and saying this dosn't make sense.

This gets us 200 gold when we need it. Th team did a good job last night of raising somewhere over 600 gold in deals. Under other circumstances, I would have held out for a better deal. But we have a short window of opportunity where Immortals are still powerful, and the GoW-NeuD gives us fabulous cover. The republic offer is out with GoW right now, which will be an additional 240.

I agree the overall plan has risks. But any option does. Including doing nothing and just building. I have no doubt that once we get into pikemen and knights we will see GS coming north in a hurry.

Comment

Working...
                                X