No announcement yet.

GS FA thread 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And my response back to him. They still don't want democracy, but hopefully we'll convince them sometime.

Vox aims to please.

I should be able to get back to you sometime this weekend once we have our turn sorted out. I'll make sure to PM several of your team since I know you don't often log on during the weekend.

Regarding democracy, that's too bad but we understand. If you ever do change your mind please keep us in mind. Vox has taken pride in being the "Purveyors of Democracy" to the world.

By the way, if you're tired of how small your island is, Vox would be happy to switch with you.

Regards,

Rhoth
    EDIT: to add the smilies back in.
    Last edited by Rhothaerill; March 19, 2004, 20:35.

Comment

• "By the way, if you're tired of how small your island is, Vox would be happy to switch with you. "

Excellent!

Also, it is interesting that they made no mention of the tech trading clause in the Voxodus agreement.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• PM sent to Arrian, Sleepy, and DeepO

Greetings to Arrian, asleepathewheel, DeepO and the ever growing membership of Gathering Storm,

Pursuant to Arrian's question the other day regarding trading for our free tech we have indeed received Nationalism and we would be willing to trade it to you. We would like to see what your team is willing to offer. Our interests lie in future options for 20-turn luxury deals and gold. We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Rhoth

Comment

• Response from DeepO (I've always wondered what his name means but never asked. )

Thanks Rhoth, we figured already you got Nationalism. Please let me take it to the team, to see what we can offer.

DeepO

Comment

• PM sent to Gathering Storm

Greetings to Arrian, asleepathewheel, Cort Haus, DeepO, and the many fine people of Gathering Storm.

Last week we discussed the possibilities of a trade for nationalism and we had sent back that we were interested in gold and luxuries. However we have had more time to think about it and we are interested in the technology of electricity. If you are currently researching electricity we would like to trade for it. Our rock needs irrigation and it would be a while otherwise before we would be able to research that technology (we were really hoping for Steam Power for our free tech. )

We realize that electricity is more expensive than nationalism (by 20 tech points) so in return we propose that we would include democracy with the deal and in return you would include one 20-turn future luxury option.

There would of course be a 20-turn no-trade agreement attached to the trade on both our sides.

Let me know what your team thinks about this. We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Rhoth

Comment

• Response from Arrian

RE: PTWDG Vox Nationalism Deal
              Rhoth,

Heh, interesting. I just posted a proposal to pay you in gold and luxuries for nationalism in our private forum. I guess I'll scrap that then. No biggie, since I was pulling numbers from thin air anyway.

I personally prefer tech-for-tech trades, so in general I like your idea, although the specifics may need further negotiation. I'll get back to you on it. We might, in fact, be interested in Democracy down the road a bit, so it's possible your idea could work. I agree we would want a 20-turn no-trade clause on the deal.

-Arrian

Comment

• PM from Arrian

RE: PTWDG Vox Nationalism Deal
                Rhoth - A quick, unofficial note:

I've been really busy IRL lately, and it appears the same is true of several of my fellow Stormians. Diplo contact with several teams, including yours, is suffering because of that. So please don't take silence from us on this issue to indicate we've lost interest... it's just we sometimes go through stretches when we're semi-functional as a team. I hope we will come up with a proposal for a nationalism trade soon. Sorry!

-Arrian

Comment

• Reminder PM to Gathering Storm

Greetings to Arrian, asleepathewheel, DeepO and the many fine people of Gathering Storm.

I haven't heard back from you yet so I'm just inquiring about the status of the possible nationalism deal that we had discussed a little while back. Has your team voted on it yet? We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Rhoth
                  And their quick response

My apologies Rhoth... I think we overlooked this. We have been going through some problems with diplo personnel lately, all our ambassadors are swamped in RL issues

I'll try to see if anyone is active.

DeepO

Comment

• PM from Arrian.

Rhoth,

Sorry for our unresponsiveness on this.

We are, in fact, interested in trading Electricity for Nationalism... just not yet. We're not real keen on devaluing the tech yet. We've been having problems of late with tech deals... with a particular team, and it's complicating all that we do.

I will ask my team to try and figure out when we will be ready to do the deal. I don't think it should be more than a few turns, but I'm not positive on that... sorry.

-Arrian

Comment

• And my response.

Thanks Arrian. We'll wait for your response on when you're ready to trade. A few turns is fine. Hopefully it won't be too long though. We're itching to finally squeeze some water out of our rock.

Regards,

Rhoth
                      I wonder what team they are having trouble with. I didn't ask though.

Comment

• I suspect it is either ND or Lego.
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
                          I suspect it is either ND or Lego.
                          My thought as well, though I suspect ND. Vondrack mentioned they haven't had any contact with GS at all lately (though perhaps that could be a reason). Roleplay is a non-entity in tech trading now (several behind) so it's surely not them. GoW could be the culprit, but from what Vondrack said those two teams are working closer again. Which leaves ND. ND has historically been difficult to deal with, though my dealings with Zayxus lately have gone very well.

Comment

• I find the notes from GS interesting. It is not clear as to whether the team is in disarray at times, or if that is the image they want to project.

If I was Gs right now - I would be courting GoW and ND like crazy for an attack on Lego. If they have any hope in the game at all, this is it.

In some respects we are responsible for Lego's large lead. We certainly interrupted GS' early peaceful growth, and made them burn through an early GA.

Comment

• PM from DeepO. We will have electricity. The 30-turn NTA is not a problem. I expected 20 turns at the least and we haven't been into trading the techs we receive anyway. Lego had mentioned that they would be contacting GS about an industrialization/electricity trade down the line no matter if we made this deal or not so I have no trouble agreeing to it.

Rhoth,

Our forum stays very quiet... too bad. But I think we let you wait long enough for a response, for which I apologize. Normally I'm not an ambassador, so forgive me if this is not worded perfectly, but here's our proposal:

We're not exactly interested in democracy, as we explained to you before. We wouldn't gain much by switching govs, and can't afford the anarchy, even if it's only one turn. We are interested in Nationalism, though.

We offer you Electricity as a one on one trade for Nationalism. However, seeing as Electricity is worth a lot more beakers (base cost being 3360 beakers instead of Nationalism at 2880, and Nationalism has devalued by trading it to other teams), and you will be the second to receive Electricity (after ourselves), we ask for a favor: To uphold, instead of the now more or less standard 20-turn NDAs on techs, a 30-turn NDA on Electricity. This should ensure to us that we have ample opportunity to trade our tech around.

I've sent you Electricity unaccepted in the save, if you offer Nationalism in return and accept, you can have Elec in 2 turns from now (meaning your workers only need to wait one turn before they can irrigate)

So, would you be interested in the following deal:

We give Electricity, which you promise to not trade or give away for another 30 turns after receiving it (meaning not before turn 227 (we're currently at 195).
                              In return, we acquire Nationalism, which we do not trade or give away in 20 turns, meaning before turn 217.

If this satisfies you, just reply to our offer of Elec with Nat, accept the deal, and send it our way. It is the fastest way I can think of that gives you Electricity. And frankly, I think it's a good deal for you, or at least among the best we can offer.

kind regards,
                              DeepO

Comment

• My response.

Greetings to DeepO and the many fine people of Gathering Storm.

We at Vox Controli do agree to this deal and the 30 turn NDA. We will not trade electricity before the turn you specified.

I will send you nationalism-accepted on this turn as response.

Regarding democracy, one of the reasons I was trying to dangle that as trade bait was that the NDA's we had received from our other trades were expiring soon and wanted to finish being the "Purveyors of democracy to the world" before one of the other teams tried to trade it to you. But if you're no interested in it at all then not a problem. I'll stop dangling it as trade bait.

On that note, we are researching communism right now. If you're team is interested, please give me a holler and we can work something out.

Thanks and pleasure doing business with you.

Rhoth

Comment

Working...
                                X