No announcement yet.

GS FA thread 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cort Haus is a strat forum regular and a good player. He's the one that did the recent AUSG solo diplo win threads.

As to his proposal of us taking ND's lands I don't think that's anything we want to do. We're still not exactly in any position to annoy another team by starting a war with them...and that's all we'd be is an annoyance with our current military strength.

Besides, if Lego winds up on the side of the GoW/ND alliance I don't think we want to oppose them.

Comment

• I agree 100%. And the idea of the Little Bob invasion is still in the works. This argues even further for a conference chat with Lego, to come up with a plan.

We have:

1. The little Bob option.

2. The take some ND lands option.

3. Do nothing for awhile.

Personally - I am pretty happy with #3. Four of the world's other 5 nations are currently in a major slug-fest war. Great time to be rebuilding.

(now - if only we had some more land.)
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• I too am happy with option 3 ... but getting some more real estate would also be nice.

Comment

• I am also ok with option 3

we should only join the war when it is obvious who will win

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• #3 sounds like the best option for me right now too. I would certainly like more land (and more productive land), but the only way we can get any right now is through war or lots of deception. Once we rebuild a bit more we might be able to be more of a player in the world politics, but not right now.

Comment

• A message from Cort Haus of GS - bringing up the Little Bob idea again:

PTWDG1
              Hail The One!

Greetings, noble Voxians.

In a recent message I drew your attention to an island that was once ND's. I see it is now under control of GoW.

We mentioned it before, because we are concerned about the spread of Yellow Fundamentalism in the world - and particularly on Bob. We are still slightly unsure why your good friends the Legonians have seen fit to assist ND, to ensure that they become the strongest power in the world.

If our efforts to contain them fail, they will next eat up GoW, then Lego - perhaps even pausing to take your own rugged but beautuiful land in New Estonia.

What are your feelings, wise Voxians, on this rising power? We at GS would warmly welcome your thoughts on a matter that must concern us all greatly.

May the Voice be with you,

Cort Haus,
              Gathering Storm
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Received from Cort Haus of GS:

ptwdg1

Greetings, noble Voxians.

It's been too long since our Civs have shared news. Tell us, is there anything we can do for you? Any trade in science or resources that you may be interested in?

Also, do you have a view on the Yellow Stain that now dominates Bob, and which threatens all of us? Specifically would you have any objection to a change of the balance of forces in the world that sought to eliminate this threat?

May the Voice be with you,

Cort Haus,
                Gathering Storm

Comment

• curious missive indeed...
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Received from asleepathewheel...

Greetings Rhothaerill of Vox Controli

It has been many years since our peoples have spoken. How are our brothers doing? As you know, we have been engaged in a long and draining war in defense of Spain, which might be winding itself down, we shall see. Thankfully, no Voxian blood has been spilled, for which I'm sure your people appreciate your neutrality in the conflict.

We have found ourselves with an over-abundance of assorted wares and were wondering if you had any interest in them. Perhaps the women of Vox Controli would be blown away by the breathtaking aroma of the Incense of Whirlwind. Or perhaps they would enjoy wearing the comfortable yet stylish furs of Sandstorm-Guaranteed to protect against any harsh weather, be it a rain, snow or even sand. These furs maintain their warm temperature well below zero degrees, perfect for climbing the mountains of New Vox. We also have the following knowledge that we would enjoy sharing with you: the knowledge of invention and the knowledge of Chivalry. Each would serve the people of Vox well, train your citizens to become knights and establish jousting competitions for the peasantry. Use the art of invention to make knick knacks like tops and other toys for the children. Also, our alchemists are using these inventions and (please keep this a secret) might be on the verge of some new devices, we shall see how that pans out.

Anyway, if you are interested in anything we possess, please let us know and we can continue the conversation. And please don't forget about your former neighbors to the South, the Gathering Storm.

Sincerely,
                    Asleepathewheel, Esq.

Comment

• And my response. We will give Lego Printing Press when we have it, but I'd very much like to have some tech deals in place with the others to get as much out of the tech as we can.

Greetings to asleepathewheel and the many fine people of Gathering Storm,

It has been many years since our nations have spoken. We, the people at Vox Controli, have maintained a policy of non-intervention since our Voxodus from the shores of Estonia oh so many years ago.

We now live in a harsh land. The rock known as Voxtavia is an unforgiving land mass and only our beaches and great fishing industry have sustained us. But the people of Voxtavia are hardy. We survive and now thrive. However, our newfound hardiness has come at the expense of fine things. We have known no luxury these many years and have come to realize that we do not need such things at this moment. In the future perhaps, as our nation continues to take shape in our new homeland, our people will once again crave the luxuries we once knew.

However, we have been working on a project that might interest the people of Stormia. By necessity, much of our population consists of fishermen and mountain men, but a new generation of us have begun to study the few books we were able to bring with us. The desire for wider distribution of these books is leading us to develop a process of printing on a special press. No longer will our few scribes be forced to work day and night to produce our books. Perhaps in a few more years, once we have perfected the process we would be able to share our printing press techniques with the people of Stormia in exchange for knowledge we do not possess.

Best regards to the nation of Stormia and may peace reign throughout the land.

Rhoth.

P.S. in simple terms, we will have printing press in several more turns and would be willing to trade it with you then for tech. If you would like to make an offer I will discuss it with the rest of my team. Thanks.

Comment

• Response from asleepathewheel...

Thank you for the fast response.

We would be more than willing to discuss this "printing press" thing with you. A mystery to our Science ministery, how can you "invent" a printing press without invention? Ah, one of those little conundrums of our world. Anyway, we will be in touch with you later to negotiate a possible deal. If you could, could you give us a rough estimate on the eta? nothing necessarily specific, as things change from time to time, but so that GS would know when to start bothering you again

Sincerely,

Asleepathewheel

Comment

• I saw no reason to lie about our tech pace when dealing with them for this tech so my response...

We should have printing press in roughly 12 turns from 380ad. Thanks for the thoughts and Vox once again looks forward to trading with Gathering Storm.

Regards,

Rhoth

Comment

• Probably not too necessary to post this, but this was the response from asleepathewheel...

Thank you, good to do business with Vox again.

Comment

• New message from asleepathewheel along with my response. I think it's a pretty good deal. In terms of tech points Printing Press is 36 to Invention's 44, though obviously it's known to others. But Printing Press will be known to two of the civs immediately as well since Lego will know it. I say we go for it. What do you guys think?

Greetings again

Would you be willing to accept Invention for Printing Press? We would be willing to send the art of invention your way as soon as you want it, ie. this turn if you want.

-aatw
                              My response...

Let me discuss it with my teammates and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Don't hold up the turn for us though if that's the case. We won't need the tech this turn.

Regards,

Rhoth
                              Last edited by Rhothaerill; December 10, 2003, 00:11.

Comment

• I concur Rhoth. I say we go though with the trade.

Sorry for not posting much lately with my Finals creeping up on me and what free time I do have, I'm usually involved with the various PBEM games that I'm currently in - though lately they have not been very busy to say the least.
                                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                                X