GS FA thread 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Sleepy's response to my response.

Thank you for being understanding. I do hope that we can work something out.

Comment

• democracy isn't very useful for a nonreligious civ

but they are religious

hmmm

JOn Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Yes - hmmm. But I would be ok with Physics down the road and say - 40 turns of a luxury.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• PM From asleepathewheel

Rhothaerill-

We discussed before the possibility of us trading you physics. Now we are in a position to do so, and I see that your team does not have it yet. Interested?

-aatw
          We can obviously get it from Lego, but if we trade then we can still try to keep up the pretense that we aren't clearly in Lego's camp...for whatever that's worth.

Comment

• We need to decide this soon so that I can get back to Cort Haus about it (Sleepy told me he'll be gone for a while). We obviously don't NEED to do it since we'll get the tech from Lego, but making it look like we don't get all the techs from Lego is a good thing.

Comment

• I am not sure

I think that everyone knows that we are completely in Lego's camp

I doubt if we will be tricking anyone

JOnMiller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• PM sent to Cort Haus (since Sleepy is on vacation) to both stall for time and to see what they think about a luxury deal instead.

Hi Cort Haus. Sorry but I forgot to send this to you last night. Thank you for sending physics last turn, but we were unable to complete the deal yet for two reasons. 1) we are still discussing it internally and 2) we don't have democracy for another few turns. I will be honest that we after asleepathewheel originally mentioned that you would not be able to send us physics for a while we have been working to get it from other sources. However that deal has not been finalized yet either.

However, let me take this time to feel your team out about a possible other deal for democracy too. A while back asleepathewheel had mentioned that youhave several luxuries to trade. We were thinking about the possibility of trading democracy to you for future luxury deals (i.e. we don't need any now, but we will in the future and would like to have the option to request 20 turn luxury deals from you when we need it). Are you interested? And if so, what do you think would be fair? We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks

Rhoth

Comment

• Response from Cort Haus.

Thanks for the note, Rhoth. I'll post it on our forum for discussion. Off the top of my head, I don't think we're in a hurry for Democracy, but maybe we'll want it some time when you guys have built your aqueducts and need more lux, so perhaps we will have a deal at some point.

Regards,

Cort.

Comment

• PM sent to asleepathewheel. I don't want to let this trading deal get past us and luxury deals in the future will be great to have.

Greetings to asleepathewheel and the many fine people of Gathering Storm.

We at Vox Controli regret to inform you that we have finalized a deal with another team for physics. Per my PM to Cort Haus while you were gone, we went to another source after your original PM about not being able to send us physics for a while.

However, we are still very interested in working out a deal with your team for democracy. As an alternate proposal we are willing to send you democracy now (well, on 670ad when we finish research ). In exchange we would request 100 gold and options on 3 20-turn luxury deals in the future. We do not need luxuries at this time, but we will in the future when we have a few more cities able to grow above size 6. At that time we would request that you send us a luxury resource for the agreed upon amount of turns.

If this is acceptable to you and your team we can write up a formal deal. We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Rhoth

Comment

• PM to Sleepy inquiring about the deal.

Greetings to asleepathewheel and the many fine people of Gathering Storm,

And in a less official manner...Hi Sleepy.

I just wanted to inquire how the possible deal of democracy for 100 gold and 3 luxury options was going in your forum. We will be playing the turn tonight and we receive democracy once we open it.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Rhoth

Comment

• Response from Sleepy.

I'm sorry, but at this time we are going to have to decline. We just don't have the cash on hand to spare. And while we are religious, we can't afford even one turn of anarchy right now, so democracy is of little current utility. We will have either Theory of Gravity or magnetism available for trade in a turn or two (I can't remember which at the moment), but we expect that you will have procured those from other sources as well.

Sorry we couldn't work something out

-aatw

Comment

• And my response to him. Hopefully they will not go anywhere else down the road, though it would be at least 20 turns because of the NTAs if they were to receive it from GoW or ND.

That's too bad but we understand. We have already made deals to receive the next few techs so that is unfortunately out of the question too. But keep us in mind for a future deal when you are ready for democracy. We would still be willing to trade it for luxury concessions and/or gpt deals.

Regards,

Rhoth

Comment

• PM received from Arrian:

Rhoth,

Since the industrial age is upon us, I thought it was about time we had a discussion about possible technology trading. Last I checked, you were not yet in the industrial age, but I imagine you will be soon, and of course will be receiving your bonus technology.

Suffice it to say that, unless it's the one we've already researched (Steam Power), we would be interested in acquiring it from you.

Would you be willing to give us a shout once you've gotten it, and let us know what it is and what you might be willing to trade it for?

-Arrian

p.s. It's probably best to PM multiple Stormians at once, just to make sure the team gets it quickly. I know Cort Haus is on vacation next week, so the best bets are probably me, DeepO and Sleepy. Thanks!

Comment

• And my response to Arrian:

Greetings Arrian,

We will indeed be reaching the industrial age soon. In truth we should reach it this turn (720ad). We obviously do not know what it is we will receive, but rest assured we are willing to trade it with you (unless it's Steam Power of course since you already have that).

Basically what we'd be looking for in return are luxury options and gold. I've discussed with Sleepy in the past that we'd like to build up options to call in for 20-turn luxuries in the future when we will be needing them (after our aqueducts are built ).

Also, if you are interested, Vox still has Democracy to trade to you if you are interested. The original deal we'd proposed of 3 luxury options and 100 gold fell through because of the gold request, but we'd be willing to negotiate if your team is interested again. Perhaps a 5gpt deal instead of a straight 100 gold, or perhaps a 4th tech option instead of the gold would work.

Regards,

Rhoth

Comment

• The response from Arrian:

Hey, thanks for the fast reply!

Gold and luxuries on demand sound good to me - we can work with that. Get back in touch when you know which tech you got, ok?

While we may be interested in demo at some point in the future, we aren't now, sorry. We can't really afford the anarchy, and the benifit would be minimal anyway. Our empire is very small, after all (you know the feeling, I'm sure).

-Arrian

Comment

Working...
                                X