No announcement yet.

GS FA thread 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM to asleepathewheel with a formal tech trade agreement.

Good news. We at Vox Controli are fully in favor of the deal we had discussed a few days ago. A formal agreement signed by myself is attached for your perusal and we request that if it is to your liking that one of your team members send it back signed. Pleasure doing business with you again.

The nation of Vox Controli agrees to send the technology of printing press-unaccepted, upon completion of research around 500ad, to the nation of Gathering Storm. Upon receipt of printing press, Gathering Storm will send the technology of invention-accepted to Vox Controli and Vox Controli will accept the deal for completion of this technology deal.

If Gathering Storm does wish to send invention to Vox Controli before Vox Controli completes research of printing press then Vox Controli will send printing press-accepted to Gathering Storm upon completion of research.

If either team gains one of the involved techs through another means, the rest of the trade shall still go through.

Signed by Rhothaerill on behalf of Vox Controli

Comment

• Response from alseepathewheel.

The nation of Vox Controli agrees to send the technology of printing press-unaccepted, upon completion of research around 500ad, to the nation of Gathering Storm. Upon receipt of printing press, Gathering Storm will send the technology of invention-accepted to Vox Controli and Vox Controli will accept the deal for completion of this technology deal.

If Gathering Storm does wish to send invention to Vox Controli before Vox Controli completes research of printing press then Vox Controli will send printing press-accepted to Gathering Storm upon completion of research.

If either team gains one of the involved techs through another means, the rest of the trade shall still go through.

Signed by Rhothaerill on behalf of Vox Controli

Signed by Asleepathewheel on behalf of Gathering Storm

Comment

• ____________________________
        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Because GS sent us Invention early I PMed them a note thanking them.

Greetings to asleepathewheel and the fine people of Gathering Storm. On behalf of Vox Controli we thank you for the early offer of Invention. We will finish Printing Press in 10 turns (500ad) whereupon we will send that tech to you accepted. Pleasure doing business with you.

Regards,

Rhoth

Comment

• And again - just to note - Lego was very happy that we have made this deal. I think they got invention from GoW on a no-trade clause, and they would have had to give something up to gift it to us.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Short PM conversation with asleepathewheel:

Hey Rhoth-

We (GS) were wondering what the timetable on printing press was, according to your timetable, it should be completed in 3 or so turns. Do you have a more definite time on that yet?

Thanks

-aatw

Hi Sleepy,

Printing Press will be finished in 500ad, so 4 turns from now (for us since your team has already played one of those turns). We will send it -accepted the same turn we finish it.

Regards,

Rhoth

Great, thats what we thought, thanks for the confirmation

Comment

• PM from asleepathewheel. I wonder if they are trying to trade this to RP? We should probably mention at least 10 turns NTA

PTWDG, GS-Vox Trade
                Rhoth-

With regards to the printing press trade, we were wondering if you were placing any NDA's or similar requirements/requests on the tech. Slipped my mind up to this point, as invention hardly needs an NDA at this point.

-aatw

Comment

• And my response to Sleepy. As you can see I did not demand it as it wasn't part of the original deal, but hopefully asking for it will prod them to give it to us. I'm sure they know by now that we are trying to deal with RP so it won't hurt us to tell them we're trying to deal the tech out to "one other" team.

I also sent out a feeler for their thoughts on trading for democracy once we get it.

Greetings asleepathewheel,

The deal for Printing Press did not contain any no trade agreements or turn-conditional agreements (an oversight on my part ) so Vox Controli will not demand one now. However we would appreciate it if we could set up a 5 or 10 turn conditional agreement as we are currently attempting to work out a deal with another team.

Speaking of deals, I'd like to take this opportunity to begin discussion about future dealing. Our teams had rough relations in the past, but I think we've done well in smoothing that out with recent discussions and trades. Vox Controli would like to see if Gathering Storm is open to a future trade involving the tech known as democracy? As soon as we finish research of printing press we will be moving on to democracy for a more enlightened government structure. If Gathering Storm is willing we can begin discussion regarding trades and timing. Pleasure doing business with you.

Regards,

Rhoth

Comment

• Response from Sleepy.

Rhoth-

I'm glad, personally, that the relationship between our teams has thawed considerably. Frankly we are more than happy to discuss trades with you, we don't have much contact with the other civs, so its nice to be social and productive.

With regards to the printing press issue, the ten turns are not a problem, we certainly understand and were just doublechecking to make sure that we avoided any incidents. No need to let a misunderstanding endanger the new era of peace. We feel that we have been taken advantage of in the past under similar circumstances (not by Vox of course), and have no desire to return the favor on anyone.

As to a possible trade for Democracy, we would be more than willing to trade you something in exchange. What do you have in mind? We currently have a fur resource that we could trade you. And there are other possibilities as well. I think we are otherwise at tech parity, for now, but of course have research projects of our own that we are pursuing. Anyway, tell us what you have in mind, and we can see where we can meet.

Comment

• PM sent to asleepathewheel regarding future dealings for democracy.

Greetings to asleepathewheel and the many fine people of Gathering Storm.

We at Vox Controli are also very glad that our mutual relations have repaired themselves greatly. The specters of the past have been exorcised and a new outlook for peace is shared by both our teams.

Regarding a potential deal for democracy, Vox Controli is interested primarily in future technological progression or gold. At this time we have no real need for furs; despite the relatively frigid air of our ski slopes our people have developed thick skins to ward off the chill. We'd like to discuss our options further with you regarding this matter based on your preference for either trading gold or technology, and your future technology plans. We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Rhoth

Comment

• Response from asleepathewheel

Good to hear from you again, I will discuss these matters with my team. I'm not sure when I can get back to you, hopefully in the next couple of days or so.

aatw

Comment

• I received a PM from asleepathewheel about democracy. My response is also included.

Greetings asleepathewheel.

I certainly understand about RL issues. I've been busy too.

Regarding democracy, we should finish research between 15-18 turns from now. We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Rhoth

asleepathewheel wrote on 31-01-2004 14:11:
                          Rhothaerill-

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you about this, have been busy in real life and it slipped my mind, my apologies. Are you still interested in a trade? I'm really not sure what we could offer you, as I am unsure what techs we have that you don't (haven't looked at the save in a while) as well as I'm not sure when you will have democracy finished, if you don't have it finished already, thus don't know what we will have to trade at that time, ie. what techs we have in 10 turns will be different than the techs we have in 30. (that was a long and painful sentence, but I think you understand what I'm getting at) So basically, if you give me a rough idea of when you expect to get demo, if you don't have it currently, then I can tell you roughly what we will have at that time to trade.

Again, sorry for the delay

-asleepathewheel

Comment

• PM to asleepathewheel:

Greetings to asleepathewheel and the many fine people of Gathering Storm.

Just an FYI that we will have democracy research finished in 9 turns from 580ad. We might also be able to move that down to 8 turns as the time goes on. We look forward to hearing from you about a possible deal involving that technology.

Regards,

Rhoth
                            and Sleepy's almost immediate response:

Sorry for not getting back to you, I will post this and try to get an answer or offer back to you soon.

Comment

• Received from asleepathewheel. Any thoughts? Maybe we could wait a little while to receive physics from them, but I don't know if Lego had planned on giving it to us straight out.

Rhothaerill-

We would love to make a deal with you, but unfortunately it seems that every tech we get either through our own research or through trade, you gain through your own means either the same turn or shortly thereafter.
                              In truth, the benefits of Democracy are relatively marginal, compared to a mandatory tech. Outlaying gold for it would carry a high opportunity cost, and Democracy is an expensive item. We could offer you Physics, but not until certain key parties have already researched it. We also have luxuries, as suggested before.

Gathering Storm

(on a personal note: Sorry if the above sounds harsh, I enjoy making deals with you, but you know how teams work. )

Comment

• My response to Sleepy. I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to deal with them and wait for Physics rather than have Lego possibly give it to us for free. Everyone knows we are in bed with Lego, but they don't know to what extent. If we keep receiving all these free techs then we broadcast the extent to everyone.

Hi Sleepy. Thanks for the response. Though it wasn't exactly what we had hoped for, I do understand. Let me take this back to my team and see what the others think about waiting for physics. I personally don't mind waiting, but I want to see what my team thinks. Perhaps we can work something out whereby we give you democracy now and you can give us physics and perhaps an option for a future luxury resource later on.

Thanks,

Rhoth

Comment

Working...
                                X