Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the plot thickends...

Comment

• Message from Cort Haus. I responded that Beta would be officially getting back to him soon.

As far as I'm concerned we might as well go for it, though perhaps try to get them to throw in a luxury too.

DG1: Tech
      Hi Rhothaerill,

Would Vox be interested in the technology of Radio, with a view to a deal with GS involving your free modern era tech?

Regards,

-Cort

Comment

• OK - will do.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• I still feel a trap being formed around us.....Like a stated before: Please have our better interest in mind and BUILD DEFENSES! Sorry for shouting, but it had to be said......currently, I feel like we are in a Viper Pit. ..... I know this will all come to our downfall.....don't tell me that I didn't warn you first....becuase here it is!

Comment

• to Cort Haus via pm

Hi Cort. As you know, I am now playing the turns for Vox while Rhoth takes a breather.

Thanks for your recent offer of radio. We had lots. And we do not want to snub you. Therefore, I am sending our free tech of fission this turn, with the aim of being able to complete a deal for another tech.

We were thinking of researching rocketry or computers next, and we may have a line on a deal one or both of those. I was hoping we could do a future trade for nuclear power.

We are also interested in luxuries - as always.

And to more serious issues. The old Lego lands. We acknowledge that we have no rights to ask for any part of Lego - however, if strengthening Vox, a third-rate world power, works for you in your longer-term plans, then we would be more than willing to talk about options.

As to Lego - to-date, we have not heard what their plans are. If they ask for a Voxian city (which we can hardly afford), we would feel morally obligated to help them out given our history with them. Would this cause GS problems. They have not asked for it yet, nor communicated with us regarding their plans. To be honest, I'm not sure their hearts are into continuing with the game.

So, we have much we can discuss, and obviously we have also engaged GoW on the last two matters as well.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers ...Beta .
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Well - we got a tech deal.

GS-Vox tech
              Hi Beta,

Thank-you for your message, and for Fission. We sent Computers in reply, and would you be interested in Miniaturisation (our current project) in trade for your next research project?

Regards,

-Cort

Comment

• My response ....

Thanks Cort. The deal works for us. We will line up our next research project shortly and will let you know.

Any thoughts on the Lego lands as raised in my last correspondence, or is this under discussion between you and GoW?

Cheers, Beta.

Comment

• And my next message to Cort ....

Hi Cort.

Thanks for the deal. We are determining our next research project shortly, and would indeed be interested in a deal.

We have provided assurances to GoW that we will not allow Lego to use Vox territory as a haven for attacks on GS and GoW. We provide the same assurances to you. We do really do not know what their plans are at this time.

Regarding land, we have GoW's permission to settle anywhere NW of The Hive and City 17. We would like to get permission from you to settle anywhere NW of the city limits of Rain Slicker Emprium and the Hive. We can commit to not putting a city in the first row of tiles adjacent to the Rain Slicker Emporium border.

If you do grant such permission, which would be very much appreciated, we would also ask that you pull back your scouts and mech infantry to allow us to move. Again, if this needs discussion, please let us know. I am available to discuss.

Again, many thanks for the deal. We will keep you advised of our tech plans. And we look forward to hearing from you regarding our settlement proposal.

Regards ...Beta.

Comment

• Good news...

Voxian Lebensraum
                    Hi Beta,

I'm pleased to be able to report to you that GS have agreed, in conjunction with our allies GoW, to immediately cede to Vox the lands on the Isthmus & Hammer north-west of the parallel running from the tile Panama-Vox 223333 north eastwards to the Hammer at tile PV666622 and beyond to PV666663. We hope you enjoy your new accomodation

On another matter, we understand that the mighty Voxian Academies have accumulated knowledge beyond the comprehension of humble Stormian Scholars, particularly in the field of Military Tradition. We bow to your great knowledge in this regard, and would dare to enquire whether this particular branch of enlightenment might be made available to add to our modest libraries.

With the greatest regards,

-Cort Haus
                    I will respond shortly. I don't see much issue with giving them the tech. Especially after this. I may try for 20 turns of a luxury.

Also - I have not nailed down the exact co-ordinates he has indicated (and I am at work this evening and can't), but I suspect it is close to what we asked for.

Comment

• OK - sitting down to play the turn - and I realize that they have drawn the border two tiles NW of where we were looking for. I think we should interpret as that is the limit of where we can put our cities - which is one tile removed from what I was hoping for. We can still make it work. We have one settler set to go now. I will put him in a non-controversial site - and then we can discuss further.

Comment

• Well, off-setting our future cities by one tile isn't really all that bad....after all, they could have told us to screw-off - then we would have been worse off than we are now. Just trying to keep things in focus...
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Good point Witt. I agree. Beggars can't be choosers.

Comment

• From Cort Haus....Beta can you reply. I don't remember what you had in mind for trading techs.

Hi Rhoth,

Are Vox interested in trading for Miniaturisation? Also, are you researching something yourselves that we might be interested in?

Regards,

-Cort
                            And my response...

Hi Cort, thanks for the offer. I'm not actually the leader of Vox anymore, just filling in as turn player for Beta while he's busy. I'll post this in the forum and Beta will get back to you.

Rhoth

Comment

• I like miniaturisation

and if I think it would increase our production, which would be good...

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• To Aeson

To our friends at GS,

This message finds us in a bit of a quandary. Lego has landed on our shores, offering a ROP. We have declined as the agreement we had for settling territory was not to help Lego out. So we won't help them, but we also don't have the firepower to finish them off without taking losses that we can't afford.

I have no idea what Lego's plans are, but I just want to make sure that you know we are not helping them if they decide to strike into your territory.

Thanks,

Rhoth

Comment

Working...
                                X