No announcement yet.

A change of focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can still do the offer as we were talking about with Vox and add we intend deal the tech to GoW.

Tell GoW we are talking about a deal for tech with Vox and if we get a tech, it will be coming to them either free or cheap.

This way we have no backstabbing. We do need to mention to GOW, any ideas about the research and ND. ND will have to get concerned about being left out completely.

We need to at least talk about selling it to them at a decent price. They have to understand from our point they did next to nothing to aid the war cause. In fact where very slow to accept gaul. So they should not expect big favors, just not a kick in the teeth either.

Comment

BTW I do agree that we have a very dangerous situation, if GOW and ND want to act in two or three turns.

They could turn it into a GoW + Vox over ND at the UN game. We cannot do that with might, they can.

Comment

I honestly don't know how this would be best played. The moment we say to Vox we intend to involve GoW, they turn to GoW themselves. The moment we say to GoW we're talking to Vox, MZ sends a PM to beta. And us selling a tech we haven't researched to Gow, can only be done if we sell it for something that Vox wants: territory. Which again leads to the start: why would they deal with us, if they can deal with them directly.

The only ace we've got in this game is Radio. I think we should focus on how we can put that tech on the table, and be accepted as the key player in all of this. If we don't give Radio, Vox has to research it for itself. Which means GoW has to wait too... but in case Vox gets computers, GoW might want to deal with Vox instead of us.

If we would know Vox would get ecology, this would open lots of possibilities. But the randomness doesn't exactly improve the situation either.

DeepO

Comment

Suggestion: Let it sit for a day or two.

I've gotten exhausted just trying to catch up, re-reading a couple of the most important threads a couple of times. DeepO, Aeson, Cort Haus, and vxma1: you guys have been buried deeeeep in this for the last 4 days or so... take a break for 24 hours.

Don;t forget: ALL of the teams have to digest the new state of the world.

I know that the post-invasion diplo positioning is incredibly important... but let us all take a step back. As DeepO said, now is the time for blue sky thinking, and that would best be accomplished with a short break (including for the lurkers/returnees to wrap their heads around this, myself included ).

IOW: Speaking for myself, at least, I missed the heavy action, and thus still have to re-set my thinking. On top of that, we went away because of all of our heavy duty family stuff, and had purposefully tried to 'escape'. Then we had a nightmare getting back from the Bahamas yesterday, with over 12 hours of travel.

And, oh, yeah, Amy and I sorta eloped and got married on Friday.

So, errr, I need a moment to absorb things.

ps: And speaking from my position of post-marital bliss, my gut reaction while reading, what, almost 1000 posts in various threads today, is that we need to go after ND in a big way RIGHT NOW.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
            And, oh, yeah, Amy and I sorta eloped and got married on Friday.
            Wow... congrats, mate! and give my regards to Amy too!

DeepO

Comment

And you're right, btw... we might need to take a break, and just let it sink in. I've been doing this near constantly for the past 4 days, and it starts to weigh. When working, at least you take the weekends off

DeepO

Comment

Condolences T, whoops I mean congrats.

Comment

Yeah, I've gotta remember to post this elsewhere, but as it happens Bill Gates is building a house (!) on the island we were on, and I briefly met his project manager and mentioned that I was in Civ-withdrawal, mostly regarding a relatively unknown Team PBEM game (i.e., the PTWDG)!

Again, incredible job, guys!!
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

congrats man

Comment

Working...
                    X