• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From ND's zerialienguru on the public forum:

Small note:
    In the tradition of the last turns, GWT needs more time
    i will play the turn after german soccer about 16:00 o'clock GMT today

Darekill is no longer member of ND (his own decision), so please contact me next time for any diplo-things.

So not only is ND under new management, but Darekill has left and "In the tradition of the last turns, GWT needs more time ".

Why, who are they at war with, and isn't GWT the name of ND in the ISDG?

Comment

Cort, go over to the (admitted dead) ISDG forum and check the last turn thread.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

So has Darekill left ND to concentrate on GWT in the ISDG? Is that what's happened?

I was wondering whether zerialienguru meant that ND needed more time because they were about to attack another team.

Comment

He claimed he was watching Football. Since Munich has two top division teams, I don't doubt that. Wether thay are going to attack someone can not be stopped now, so why worry?
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
            If they have a settler or two in the boats, those can continue on as soon as we see a safe path. Any scrappable units like explorers could come as well, but any defenders are better in the homeland.
            good idea. Let them continue with part of their forces, so that in case we give them a city there, they have some instant defense.

They can get their satisfaction by having some land of their own. I would really like to get them off of Stormia, so we can controll it properly. They acted a bit to sluggesly at times and not 100% the way we needed, such as some of the trades the initiated.
            well, what conrollability is concerned, I couldn't agree more. I very much dread them leaving their whole country undefended (and putting the one defender they have in the wrong city to make it worse). However, Estonia is nog going to do us much good. Our FP is too far away, even with CH and police stations in place we couldn'n get half the tiles worth due to corruption. They are giving us more cash each turn, than we can generate ourselves in that wasteland.

DeepO

Comment

Could not RP settle a few cities on Lego, then build the FP in Estonia, then Palace jump to Lego? It seems to be the most efficient way of making the Land in Lego productive...

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                So not only is ND under new management, but Darekill has left
                That's not so good. I had the feeling Darekill liked us more than Zeri... who was more leaning to Lego at the time (he was the one who traded with them, while Darekill wanted to trade with us).

and "In the tradition of the last turns, GWT needs more time ".

Why, who are they at war with, and isn't GWT the name of ND in the ISDG?
                For starters, we asked them to hold the turn...

and if the ISDG turn and the PTWDG turn come at the same time, they need more time to discuss both of them. It used to be different, but just as everywhere, their team is thinning to the point where ND becomes GWT.

I count ourselves lucky to still have such an active forum after 2 years... new blood is part of that success, and this war might be good as well, but we're still a team. The rest are more and more getting one-man-teams, it seems.

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                  Could not RP settle a few cities on Lego, then build the FP in Estonia, then Palace jump to Lego? It seems to be the most efficient way of making the Land in Lego productive...
                  True, but how are they going to defend themselves on the biggest continent, with agressors everywhere? Estonia is a concluded region.

We really have to have a word with GoW on this. They have to agree, or RP is toast.

DeepO

Comment

Besides, RP could pump a city, rush a CH and a PS, and have moderate corruption there... no immediate need for a palace jump.

DeepO

Comment

It is not a case of them not pulling their weight, it is a case of it could be fatal to not have control of Stormia down the road.

Remember the gold they sent was generated from our cities.

Comment

As to them defending themself, I am not concerned. If they tube it, oh well. Really I do not see it as a priority for anyone to attack them.

Only Vox may have an interest in just getting some action. GoW will not need the bit of land RP may use. ND will not want to start a war going that route, will they?

For all anyone knows, it could get GS and GoW after you to attack RP. They would be better served to attack RP on Stormia. That would get them a foothold that they could use.

Comment

If RP is attacked, it's for one reason only: to provoke us into attack. We can't have any nation controlling Estonia. I fully agree there, vmxa, it has always been a dangerous situation, and this will not change quickly. OTOH, Elipolis is about the best defensive position we can dream of, better than Estonia even.

Regarding Vox: we do have a possibility to keep the focus on another team. Now that Lego is as good as gone, Vox has lost its protector... we could ask GoW if they are interested in fighting another war. It has one major advantage: Vox has rubber. And in taking, not pillaging it, we could create a good place for RP to stay.

I don't want to seem the big warmonger here, but as long as we can keep GoW as an ally, we won't get attacked. And this war does not need the big investments the Lego one needed, for instance I doubt that we would need to be in mobilization, and we could build our improvements and do some research in the mean time.

DeepO

Comment

Oh, but economically, RP is doing a better job than we could, even considering they're not really focused. We would be very hard pressed to squeeze 100 gold out of that stretch of land.

DeepO

Comment

Getting RP onto Lego has its appeal. They may be our cities but our only benefit of holding them is for defence. We get better economic output from RP's stewardship of them, and we need that GPT.... unless we built a Palace in WoC.

When this was suggested before the feeling was that we needed the seven Tanks but especially if GoW break through this turn and we defeat Lego with minor losses, perhaps we could allow ourselves this luxury and have a real second core in the north. If we get the Internet and Offshore Platties we can make a leap in economic strength.

Comment

Interesting idea. It would take 10 turns to switch our palace over... not that bad.

From the start, the FP has been positioned, so we could essentially remove the palace from Stormia, and still have reasonable corruption. Previously, the Collosus in Hurricane more or less negated that (we wanted that city to be as corruption free as possible), but with flight... not many things are binding us to the South. After all, our best city, Tempest, is perfectly covered by the FP in Arashi, and this will not get worse. EotS will get a moderate amount of corruption, but will also stay productive.

The only thing is, we can't palace jump. EotS holds Hoover... I'd prefer to hold on to that wonder
                                (although, do we need it anymore? those hydros are already built, they don't disappear in case Hoover gets destroyed, right? The same thing with barracks and granaries, I thought?)

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                                X