• Time
  • Show
Clear All

For my part I would not like to replay all the turns,
    moving units,
    changing to govern cities....
    Playing Civ 4

Comment

Well, I think it can be fixed without us replaying too much. I did send the turn on just now. I am hoping that Gramphos can simply edit the file in th current turn.
      Aggie
      The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Are there any ideas,
        why the save got buggy?
        Could we collect the cause of bugs as statements?

It might be interesting for civ3 developers to know this, to patch the game for us and also for the many other known and unknown multiplayer Civ3 games.

Bugs known so far:
        * 'Right Of Passage' valid only for one side to move units
        * Opening City window causes crash
        * Opening F1 window causes crash
        Playing Civ 4

Comment

RP - would abandoning any of your cities stop the F1 crashes? If yes, Gramphos & Trip might look into that particular city for potential quirks...

Comment

Originally posted by BigFree
            This is getting weirder and weirder. We had "Barbarian Chiefdoms" inside of one of cities instead of "Spanish citizens"!?! I hope they still make food/commerce/shields like the other guys did.
            Good stuff to roleplay
            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
            --George Bernard Shaw
            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
            --Woody Allen

Comment

It is clear that Vox has no problem with the save. I believe the rest of you are having problmes because of countless exploits you have used and the godz of civ are getting back at you. I recommend all the other teams get their 'cheating asses' out of this game and declare Vox the winner.

(Sorry guys - couldn't resist. And BF, a big warm fuzzy hug comes with that comment. Please take my kidding as just that.)
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
                BF - are you sure those Barbarian Chieftains weren't GoW'ers in disguise?
                Since they appeared as Barbarian Chieftans, they weren't really in disguise, were they ?
                "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                --George Bernard Shaw
                A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                --Woody Allen

Comment

Don't worry Beta, I know a good funny when I read it.

Comment

Beta, that was a good one!

Comment

• "the godz of civ are getting back at you"
                      Playing Civ 4

Comment

• Since 22-11-2003 16:36 a save was sent to GS, there is no save sent to ND.

Now, at the end of this weekend, I don't need it until Monday 18:00 GMT.

But, is there any reason for the delay?
                        Playing Civ 4

Comment

• Yes, sorry for not communicating earlier.

We are getting crashes as well. I have tried 3 times to play through, unsuccessfully. I am going to try again once or twice, and if I can't complete the turn I will send copies of the save to Trip and Gramphos.
                          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• Cort Haus is going to try to play it.

Can we put together a summary of things that crash the game?
                            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theseus
                              Cort Haus is going to try to play it.

Can we put together a summary of things that crash the game?
                              Opening the save to play it.

Comment

• Good news everyone... I played through the turn. I just need to do screenshots, and will then send the turn to ND.

I did not go into any F* screens, just in case.

Comment

Working...
                                X