No announcement yet.

Dark Day for Demo Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Grandpa Troll. I think this is the reaction that most people, at least me, have been looking for from members of BOH. You didn't need to go so far as to quit though.

I do not believe that all of BOH knew of the JTS/Planet DL. It might have only been James. BOH could have still been influenced by this. There were many times that Babylon thought we had a leak. The DL answered many questions. That still doesn't mean that members of BOH knew they were being influenced. I don't think any of Team Babylon has been flaming you via PM, email, or this forum. (The private forum is another case though I have said a thing or two there. )

It would do the members of BOH a world of good to follow Grandpa Troll's example, and I don't mean quit. Condemn the cheat. Stop flaming Ming. He is just doing his job. His part time volunteer job. And this is just a game, not the honor of our nations or families.

I don't know if this game can continue. That is for the team leads to decide. But I do know that I don't want Apolyton to continue like this.

I look forward to many good games with you guys in the near future.

PLATO, thank you for our chat tonight.
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• Cheating at a game here must be considered the highest crime that can be committed on a gaming site. As an Individual member of that team, I condemn cheating in the highest terms. As a spokesman for The BOH, The team also condemns cheating of any kind in the highest terms.

None of us in the BOH that had no knowledge of this have enjoyed being branded as being part of a team that has been caught cheating.

This has sparked some extreme emotions from many of us. The reason is simple, the people here mean something to each other and the place means something to us as well. Most everyone has understood that and been understanding on that issue...and for that you have our deepest thanks.

Tonight, The Blood Oath Horde stands in a shambles. We have members contemplating quitting, members that have quit, and members that are banned and may not return. Needless to say, this is not the situation any of us wanted.

Still, we stand ready to do what it takes to set things right. Afterall, this is our common home and we are a gaming family.

Let us move forward together.

And thanks to you as well Daddy-O
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• GT, there are times when a man must do what is needed.

And yes, sometimes, they ae distasteful, but still needing to be done.

Granted, I would have not wished these circomestancesx on to you, to have made this kind of choice, but I know about some (and hopefully enough to fully understand) of the moral issues that you are haing to deal with. It's not easy (nor are the toughest choices that life brings ever are) and I do beleave that yur choice was a hard one.

I really do wish you well and truthfully hope that the DG comunity can (very soon) put this whole episode behind them. Even if this game appears (to most everyone) to be beyond repair, we in Team Babylon are fully conconsious of the reprocussions and wish only that the DG community will be able to heal from this action.

No matter whom ever was (and is) the guilty party(ies). Apolyton deserves better of us.

E_T
        Come and see me at WePlayCiv
        Worship the Comic here!
        Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

• Goodbye Grandpa Troll.
          Long Live The Horde
          Marshal of the Concordian Armed Forces
          Membership Officer of the Axe Grinders Guild

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO

The TEAM has made a statement that we will allow access to Beta, and that we wish to promote a healing process. This TEAM is made up of INDIVIDUALS. Each INDIVIDUAL has a right to their opinion on our TEAM and all are listened to and their words weighed.

While I completely understand your points that this is a TEAM game and the TEAM should take responsibility for trying to make this better, I am also quite sure that you recognize that some INDIVIDUALS may be upset at being branded cheaters when they are not.

You have been very vocal in supporting and pushing the Horde to "do the right thing". We have done so by allowing the requested redress in this matter.
            I'm not in this game, but in the DGs I've been into, the team has acted quite differently than I'd hoped. Planet's influnce on the team has probably been limited as long as he hasn't disclosed that he was a DL. If he did, and the team did not disclose that he was a DL within a reasonable amount of time, then IMHO the offending team should forfeit. However, in this case justice and equality should be served by some loss of privacy on BOHs part, and everyone should accept that we live in an extremely in perfect world, but some kind of rough justice has been done. Grandpa's resignation more than balances the equation. I think it's time to end flames against BOH.

And stop flamming Ming.... that's my job.
            Last edited by realpolitic; November 11, 2005, 16:16.

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO

the people here mean something to each other and the place means something to us as well.
              Amen to this. And to the rest of what is obviously a heartfelt post.

Tonight, The Blood Oath Horde stands in a shambles. We have members contemplating quitting, members that have quit, and members that are banned and may not return. Needless to say, this is not the situation any of us wanted.

Still, we stand ready to do what it takes to set things right. Afterall, this is our common home and we are a gaming family.

Let us move forward together.
              Understood and a second amen.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Possible S.O.P. (Standard Operational Procedure) Outlined 11-11-2005

I am not sure if a policy or procedure exists for investigation of alleged infractions within our gaming community.

I would think we should and well, this is a mere suggestive Standard Operational Procedure.

#1-Bring forth suspicious activity immediately to the moderator of the forum.

#2-All alleged instances, founded and unfounded should be documented and chronicled to form a pattern.

#3-Gameplay should cease until an investigation is disposed of. This could be anything from yes it was a violation and here is what was found to no it was this and not an infraction.

#4-Mandatory complete and unobstructed cooperation in the investigation to determine if indeed any wrongful conduct took place in or out of the game. This by all involved, meaning all parties not just ones who like or agree but all grab an oar and start paddling.

#5-Harsh, severe penalties imposed on all guilty parties. I would include constructive knowledge of any incident. By this I am saying “Bob” The Builder has beyond a shadow of a doubt used a Hex Editor to alter a save. Manny Magellan knew about this and went along so he could reap reward from this act. Both are guilty. But what of Tiny Tombstone who knew of but failed to report this? They should be dealt with as swiftly as the 2 others who actually gained an advantage, major or minor.

#6-Allow the investigation to take place without impeding. If any thread or post “mysteriously” is edited just prior to or during the investigation then whom ever did so should be punished.

I am not saying a witch-hunt is in order, contrary to this would be a full cooperation stating, we recognize our dirty laundry and want to clean the rest of the house.

I know emotions run high often, but in my opinion Moderators would not be ill or would be less ill having to enforce something if they knew complete cooperation was at hand.

I am a manager by trade therefore I am judge, jury and executioner most of the time. I don’t “execute” but rather the guilty party does their own execution.

I am not trying to super cede anyone’s authority but simply trying to outline how an instance should be handled. I only would like to say out of all this mess came a better understanding and a more proactive participation by all members of this community.

Lastly, we can and will build upon this wound. I have hopes that one day we who shall remain faithful to the furtherance of this entertainment site, will see irregularities and help avoid a blowup.

Thanks

Grandpa Troll
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• And .... ?
                  Sorry Folks, this has turned into a mini-series for myself, and I was curous as to the outcome - Yes, new posts in my team's forum have dried up since this "incident"

So..."dish the tea". I'm waiting with baited breath.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• : Sorry, I didn't scroll to the last page.... ignore my last post.
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Standing looking down the tunnel I see a light, a faint and far off light, yet light it is.

One can hope that it be the other side of the tunnel, and not a frieght train heading this way

Hope all is well in your world, regardless of which side of this planet you are on.
                      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• ouch, the "planet" word has still a bad ring to it.

Comment

• My apologies for not being 'around' more. Last week was very busy work wise for me, and the gardens took the weekend.

Plato and I will be chatting shortly. Sorry for standing you up yesterday Plato.
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
                            My apologies for not being 'around' more. Last week was very busy work wise for me, and the gardens took the weekend.

Plato and I will be chatting shortly. Sorry for standing you up yesterday Plato.
                            No problem Beta.

Looking forward to the chat.
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• We may see if we are to move forward together afterall.
                              Long Live The Horde
                              Marshal of the Concordian Armed Forces
                              Membership Officer of the Axe Grinders Guild

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubychaser
                                We may see if we are to move forward together afterall.
                                amen to that
                                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                                X