Dark Day for Demo Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PLATO
    Obviously, that is not the case. The Horde stands by its statement that we are one team and as a team wish to promote a healing process in this matter.
    Then maybe you should alert ChrisiusMaximus to that fact... because his posts do not promote a healing process... In fact, they are doing exactly the opposite.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Now wouldn't that be hilarious. LOL. If James were actually feeding info from us to Babylon. Haha
      Well, why not? After all, he joined *them* first. I mean, what better way to hurt Paddy than to bring on inside info from his team...

Am I missing something here?
      Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Then maybe you should alert ChrisiusMaximus to that fact... because his posts do not promote a healing process... In fact, they are doing exactly the opposite.
        The TEAM has made a statement that we will allow access to Beta, and that we wish to promote a healing process. This TEAM is made up of INDIVIDUALS. Each INDIVIDUAL has a right to their opinion on our TEAM and all are listened to and their words weighed.

While I completely understand your points that this is a TEAM game and the TEAM should take responsibility for trying to make this better, I am also quite sure that you recognize that some INDIVIDUALS may be upset at being branded cheaters when they are not.

You have been very vocal in supporting and pushing the Horde to "do the right thing". We have done so by allowing the requested redress in this matter.

Now, it would be nice to see you "do the right thing" and recognize that the INDIVIDUALS on the Horde are as upset by this matter as anyone...and perhaps more as all our names have been drug through the mud under your ever watchful eye.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by bongo

Well, why not? After all, he joined *them* first. I mean, what better way to hurt Paddy than to bring on inside info from his team...

Am I missing something here?
          Perhaps Beta would allow you access to his forum for an hour to investigate this possibility. He is after all simply trying to ensure the fairness of this game and that would certainly answer these questions.

It was stated that planet joined Babylon in order to "twist Paddy's tail". hmmmmm

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by bongo Umm, who is the DL here anyway? I thought "planet" registered *before* JTS? Doesn't that make JTS the DL??
            I don't have a lot of time lately and I'm not incuded in those talks between the involved teams. So, I was going to ask the same thing - why everyone thinks Babylon are the victims and the Horde is the guilty team? I'd suggest that it would be fair to allow Paddy (or another Horde's member) the private forum of Babylon and be assured there was no information leak in the opposite direction.

Sorry for heating this more but it is the point of view of a neutral position.

Comment

You have been very vocal in supporting and pushing the Horde to "do the right thing". We have done so by allowing the requested redress in this matter.
              Only after being dragged kicking and screaming to do what is right.

Now, it would be nice to see you "do the right thing" and recognize that the INDIVIDUALS on the Horde are as upset by this matter as anyone...and perhaps more as all our names have been drug through the mud under your ever watchful eye.
              Hmmm... so it's ok for your members to attack the administration and I should ignore it?

Have you forgotten that this is a PRIVATELY owned site?
              We have an interest in protecting the integrety of the games here. Your game is being hosted by this site... and the effects of this game are felt across the entire community.

Cheating has occured in this game... FACT!
              It was done by a member of your team... FACT!

While you may all be disturbed by this, so is the admin of this site. This is a serious violation of site rules in addition to your game rules.

By your own rules, harsh penalities could have been applied to your team with no discussion needed. The violated team has not taken that action... Instead, they asked for a less stern way to deal with the problem... and your teams response was to ignore it, and then continue playing the game as if nothing happened.
              In addition, some of your team even implys that the violated party is at fault for allowing a DL... And posted flaming posts...

These actions will NOT BE TOLERATED on this site.
              Cheating will NOT BE TOLERATED!

Now, your team has finally agreed to what they should have in the beginning... and yet the venom continues to drip. Now you attack the administration of the site that allows you to host your game on this site for free... even created the private forums for you.

I've even heard a comment that the Admin shouldn't have access to the private forums....
              (I guess somebody forgot who owns this site)

So I would highly suggest you stop with that crap.
              If you have a problem, you are welcome to take your team elsewhere... But if you are staying, please be prepared for the Admin to protect the integrety of this site...

No site that I know allows cheating... We expect the participants to police themselves and be civil about it.
              When that doesn't happen, we will get involved.

Again, the issue here goes far beyond just your game.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Ming, you removed my post - no courage hey?

Good for you only presenting your side now
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Yep... it's against the rules to post PM's without the permission of the author... do so again, and you will get restricted.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Umm, who is the DL here anyway? I thought "planet" registered *before* JTS? Doesn't that make JTS the DL??

I was waiting for this. It took your slow wits long enough to figure it out. It is Babylon that plotted this whole thing long ago. Finally we are busted.

Except for the fact that both JTS & Planet signed up from with in Paddy's house!

Let me make this clear. I am not accusing any of BOH other than JTS/Planet of cheating. But oh my goodness how could Babylon have planted a mole in Paddy's house? And how can I believe that JTS/Planet did not influence world politics having the ear of this game's most powerful leader?

Again, Paddy and the rest of BOH did not need to know of the cheat for there to be an advantage gained.
                    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• Good Lord Paddy

I saw the post before it got pulled.

To the members of the Horde, just so we are very clear on this matter. Having a member of your team with a DL as a member of another team IN OF ITSELF, is a serious violation of trust. That trust is what makes demo games work in the first place.

The save WILL NOT be played until the four teams that are remaining have some resolution in this matter.

End of story on playing the save. That is NOT negotiable.
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25
                          Good Lord Paddy

I saw the post before it got pulled.

To the members of the Horde, just so we are very clear on this matter. Having a member of your team with a DL as a member of another team IN OF ITSELF, is a serious violation of trust. That trust is what makes demo games work in the first place.

The save WILL NOT be played until the four teams that are remaining have some resolution in this matter.

End of story on playing the save. That is NOT negotiable.
                          uhh...think we all know that con. duh.

Paddy's post did not ask you play the save.

Who was asking for any negotiation?

The discussion was about the Horde granting access to rebuild trust. This has been done.

Yet, many seem to be continuing to bash the Horde team members. It was said that there would be no witch hunts allowed. Hmmm..... This is all very confusing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daddy-O

Let me make this clear. I am not accusing any of BOH other than JTS/Planet of cheating.
                            Thank You Daddy-O. At least there seems to be one voice of reason here.

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO

uhh...think we all know that con. duh.

Paddy's post did not ask you play the save.

Who was asking for any negotiation?

The discussion was about the Horde granting access to rebuild trust. This has been done.

Yet, many seem to be continuing to bash the Horde team members. It was said that there would be no witch hunts allowed. Hmmm..... This is all very confusing.
                              Sorry bud, but he did ask that the save be played ONCE again. And my debate on the deleted post in DONE, we probably shouldn't even be talking about it anyway.

Im just trying to be very clear, so you or any other of your team members dont have to ask again. How that is a "witch hunt" is beyond me.

I dont "roleplay". I just tell it like it is
                              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO

There is no witch hunt; and we are not bashing Horde members. Ther only person I have pushed back on is CM, and that's because his two posts seem fueled more by passion than logic, and needed to be addressed.

skro - er Daddy_O, and con - can we pull back from posting anything else please. And thanks.

Bongo - regarding your suggestion - as was stated, both IP's were from PTS' LAN. Ming and Paddy have confirmed this. So obviously no one from Babylon had access to either. The red herring is not helpful.

So everyone, a few deeep breaths and think happy thoughts. We will get through this.
                                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X