Dark Day for Demo Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From my limited active time here in Apolyton,

This does seem to be a rare occurance of DL abuse to demo games.

I tust the carfefull and thoughtfull actions taken by the admin staff and team members involved to again make demo games as safe a possible.

I am an avid supporter of accepting new members into our gaming community. As a community this is vital and needs to continue.

Respectfully and Trustingly
    Mighty Platypi

This, one day will be a dim memory
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
      You have consistently in this thread made assumptions accusations and been abusive to me and others on my team, im sure you see it your way but you are wrong !!!

It matters not to me who you are Ming any one who attacks people i care about in the way you have then i will stand up and protest and i will keep on doing so until you back off!!!!!

I have done nothing wrong do you hear me ???????
      In a grammatical sense, you're doing everything wrong.
      "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

You have consistently in this thread made assumptions accusations and been abusive to me and others on my team, im sure you see it your way but you are wrong !!!

It matters not to me who you are Ming any one who attacks people i care about in the way you have then i will stand up and protest and i will keep on doing so until you back off!!!!!

I have done nothing wrong do you hear me ???????

The only reason I'm even involved in this thread is because somebody on your team was caught cheating.

The only reason I stayed in the thread was because of your teams responses to the problem that your team created.

The only reason why I continue posting in this thread is your personal attacks and tirades
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
          The ball was in your court...

...and now is in yours.

and after flaming, demands to continue, telling the victims it was their fault, and ignoring the problem, THEN you started the healing process.

Do you think that had anything to do with being flamed, statements that others were going to quit, wanting to try to prevent these things in the future, and working behind the scenes (OMG...we used msn and Ming can't moderate that!)

And I'm not surprised you believe your team mate... your opinion...

Yes it is my opinion.

Paddy's story is very convienent... and I only believed it because he was respected member of the community, so I was willing to cut him some slack.

This is much appreciated. The years he has spent here and the leadership he has exhibited has well earned him the respect from many.

That respect was misplaced as his further actions proved. So I just want to make sure people understand the true facts in this case.

And this is because he became angry at repeated calling of many innocent individuals as "cheaters". Okay, so James was on our team...we acknowledge that and the Team takes responsibility. This does not, however, dimisnish the innocence of members of the team. This is a fact that you don not seem to be able to grasp.

When we are individually called slime, liars, and such, who would not become angry?

Everybody in Paddy's household had access to that account, and the true fact is, it doesn't actually prove who used the account... only that it was used by either a single person or multiple people from his household.

True. It does not prove a thing other than that LAN was used. As the three people who were planet and Paddy all agree with what happened, it seems likely that you have the truth.

And as noted... James didn't have an account when the Planet account was created.

Yes indeed. IMHO, this makes the Horde even more responsible...for it was we who admitted a DL and not Babylon.

Now, do we wish to continue a point-counterpoint discussion that emphasises our differences or is the site ready to move forward and help restore the trust between teams and the faith in the Apolyton DG experience?
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• And this is because he became angry at repeated calling of many innocent individuals as "cheaters". Okay, so James was on our team...we acknowledge that and the Team takes responsibility. This does not, however, dimisnish the innocence of members of the team. This is a fact that you don not seem to be able to grasp.
            You don't seem to grasp the point. Your team did not respond very well to this situation. Take a look at your fine team members and see all the insults they have tossed around... CM claiming this is all on Beta's head... another claiming that the victim is responsible for allowing a cheater into their group... the flames...

When we are individually called slime, liars, and such, who would not become angry?
            Hmmmm.... I never called anybody out individually, or used the term slime, liars or any other personal insult (but CM had done so)... I have repeatedly stated the fact that a MEMBER of your team was caught cheating... is that not true?

Now, do we wish to continue a point-counterpoint discussion that emphasises our differences or is the site ready to move forward and help restore the trust between teams and the faith in the Apolyton DG experience?
            Maybe if CM stops posting crap..

Maybe if you , CM and paddy stop sending me nasty PM's...

The ball is in your court. If the crap continues, expect more of the same.
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I said slime did i where ? you are wrong again Ming, what is it you are really trying to achieve here ???

keep on keeping on ming if it is your only joy in life.
              Last edited by ChrisiusMaximus; November 9, 2005, 15:32.
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

You don't seem to grasp the point. Your team did not respond very well to this situation. Take a look at your fine team members and see all the insults they have tossed around... CM claiming this is all on Beta's head... another claiming that the victim is responsible for allowing a cheater into their group... the flames...

Well, we did not respond as some wished. That is for sure. We have now taken what I think all will agree is appropriate action by allowing the requested access.

Hmmmm.... I never called anybody out individually, or used the term slime, liars or any other personal insult (but CM had done so)... I have repeatedly stated the fact that a MEMBER of your team was caught cheating... is that not true?

Not referring to you calling people out. It has been done and does affect the members of this team. Yes, a member of this team was caught...but only one. Not all on the team should be treated as outcast.

Maybe if CM stops posting crap..

Chris is pasionate about what he believes in and has a strong sense of right and wrong.

Maybe if you , CM and paddy stop sending me nasty PM's...

I have sent you nasty PM's? I don't think so!

The ball is in your court. If the crap continues, expect more of the same.

Indeed.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I said slime did i where ? you are wrong again Ming, what is it you are really trying to achieve here ???

keep on keeping on ming if it is your only joy in life.
                  You have tossed around personal insults... you are the one in the wrong.

What am I trying to achieve... To clean up the mess your team has made of this.

And your responses have been to rant and rave, toss around insults... trying to deflect the fact that this about a member of your team that cheated...

Maybe you should stick to addressing that instead of being insulting to people.

And again, You and your team are the reason why I'm involved.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Whatever you say and say and say.........
                    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Whatever you say and say and say.........
                      Yep... I will keep on saying what is needed until you get down to the issues instead of your insults.

Deal with it!
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

• CM do yourself and your team a favor and take a break. Go to bed and sleep on it. Wake up and read some of the stuff you have posted. see what you think then after a good nights sleep.

I have already seen several people not involved in this game post in this thread. The demo gaming communiuty here at Apoly is watching us.

I dont think you are showing us your best side today.

Get a good nights sleep, things always look better in the morning mate
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Yep... I will keep on saying what is needed until you get down to the issues instead of your insults.

Deal with it!
                          What is needed is for the site to get behind the process of healing this game IMHO.

Wish that would happen.......

Comment

• Deal with it!!! have a nice day !! oh so eloquent.

Fact I called you out in PM about how i view your abusive remarks against our team.

Fact I stood up to your bullying and you dont like it.

Fact i told you you should be ashamed of your self, and you dont like that either.

Fact you should be ashamed of yourself.

Fact I and the rest of my team mates have done noything wrong, if we have then show your evidence or pack it up.

Fact i will not back down on this until you do, you started this by your inflammatory remarks to a personal friend of mine during the weekend, when he was looking for guidance from you, yes guidance when all he got was abuse.

Fact your insults to him were a disgrace, you owe him an apology Ming.

Fact you owe me nothing i want noting you could possibly provide.

Fact this is my last effort i am sick of you thoroughly, well done what a marvellous job you have done.

So please be my guest and have the last word.

Comment

• Father, forgive me for I have sinned.

Please, gentlemen (and ladies).

Can we all let our BOH-forum be read now and hear what they have found?

People have feelings both inside BOH and outside, try to be nice and let time tell if any more wrongs have been done.
                              Neo Voxian and
                              President and founder of the Apolyton Yact Club.

Comment

Deal with it!!! have a nice day !! oh so eloquent.
                                Hmmm... better than your personal insults

Fact I called you out in PM about how i view your abusive remarks against our team.
                                Just the facts have been stated... you are the one making it personal

Fact I stood up to your bullying and you dont like it.
                                Your opinion... My opinion is different. I want you to stick to the issues, and stop with the insults...

Fact i told you you should be ashamed of your self, and you dont like that either.
                                I've done nothing to be ashamed of... now wait, isn't it your team with the cheater on it?

Fact you should be ashamed of yourself.
                                Not in the least... I'll leave it to other people to look at this thread in total and make their own opinions.

Fact I and the rest of my team mates have done noything wrong, if we have then show your evidence or pack it up.
                                Actually... that hasn't been proved yet... because you never agreed to let anybody look for proof until now.

What can be proved is that there was a cheater on your team... what can't be proved is "was anybody else involved"

Fact i will not back down on this until you do, you started this by your inflammatory remarks to a personal friend of mine during the weekend, when he was looking for guidance from you, yes guidance when all he got was abuse.
                                Well... you better tone it down, technically, your personal insults are against the rules, and you could get restricted if you continue.

Fact your insults to him were a disgrace, you owe him an apology Ming.
                                One... no insults were handed out... and second, you need to apologize to a lot of people around here.

Fact you owe me nothing i want noting you could possibly provide.
                                Yes... I owe you nothing... but you OWE it to this site to follow the rules. That's the deal.

Fact this is my last effort i am sick of you thoroughly, well done what a marvellous job you have done.
                                The insults continue... how about addressing the real issues here.

So please be my guest and have the last word.
                                Yep... I will, as long as you keep this crap up.

If only you spent as much time trying to solve the real issues here instead of your rants and raving, I wouldn't need to be here.
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X