Our spies report that Persia has acsess to Iron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kring
    We need to figure out where the Iron is coming from to block it. Has anyone used Cntrl Shift M to see the uncluttered map and compare Iron sources within Persian territory?

You can trade away your last/only source of any resource; I have done it several times myself. I doubt the AI would be willing to do the same thing, though.

Also, my understanding is that Anarchy is a random number instead of a specific number, lasting 4-8 turns IIRC. At least, the games I have played, the number of turns varied, even within the same game.
    See Part 3 of 4 of my Detailed Report in this threadhttp://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=62238

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Originally posted by kring
      Also, my understanding is that Anarchy is a random number instead of a specific number, lasting 4-8 turns IIRC. At least, the games I have played, the number of turns varied, even within the same game.
      You are correct, for the human player (not us in this game as we are a religious civ). However, for the AI on emperor it is a random number between 1 and 3 (1 and 2 for Diety etc...)
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I checked out your report. Then, I checked out the map using Control Shift M. The reason I asked for a Control Shift M was because it would show the resources available to each civ. I would encourage more people to use such a trick in situations like this. Because:

The English only have one source of Iron, connected; the Germans have two, both connected. Persia has none; there is an unconnected one outside their borders.

The English probably aren't trading any Iron to Persia, unless they are trading their only source of it, which I seriously don't believe, and the advisor shows they have Swordsman so they have been using their only source of iron. I don't know if they (Persia) are getting it from Germany or not, but they are getting it from someone somehow.

Comment

They must be getting it from Germany.

Would someone please post a screen shot showing possible trade routes of England? If England can trade with Germany in any way shape or form, that will be how Persia is getting the Iron.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I didn't notice a connection between Germany and England (I could have missed it), but it is late so I am off to sleep. It is indeed puzzling to me how Persia is doing it.

Comment

A more detailed discussion of the Persians' access to Iron can be found here .
              Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Working...
              X