Our spies report that Persia has acsess to Iron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our spies report that Persia has acsess to Iron

With Persia having Iron, THey might be able to upgrade to their UU. We need to consider this when fighting the war.

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

My guess is that the English are trading their only iron source to the Persians.
    It would still take them a few turns to produce immortals, and we have knights. Plus, their immortals have only 2 defense and cannot retreat from battle while we can, and their units are most likely regulars.
    The Pyramids are too good to give up. We'll have to wait and see what Persia can come up with in terms of troops before we decide to call the war off for a while.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Persia in under terrible pressure from war weariness, this slows their production. They are not religious so if they chose to switch they will have to go trough anarchy. In regent level it's 5 turns, in monarch it's 4. What level are we on? either way its at least a few turns of zero production.

They are also heavily weakened by the war.

Conquering the center of their empire first would certainly make it nearly impossible for them to concentrate even a small number of units to counter attack. Additionaly it would "break" Persia in separate fractions, only one of those fractions would be able to get Iron (IF it gets Iron, taking Pasagradae should cut away all international trade, rite?).
      Vini, Vidi, Poluti.

Comment

Emperor; 3.
        Good point about war weariness. They must be torn by war weariness by now and have very weak production capabilities.
        However, we'd have to cut them off from England completely to cut them off from their supply of iron. Capitals just flip to the next best city when they're captured.
        Last edited by Shiber; September 21, 2002, 17:15.
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

We should cut off their trade with England for sure. Their UU is also useless for all the reasons Shiber noted.

Are we going to conquer the Persians or weaken them?
          For your photo needs:
          http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Well, not useless... just not useful enough to turn things around.
            Regarding cutting off trade with England: too bad we haven't invented trade embargoes yet...
            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

The Persians are trading with the Germans and the English. The Germans have TWO sources of Iron, and the English have one source. If they have iron, probably is coming from the Germans.
              Btw, E_T, where did you find those spies?
              RIAA sucks
              The Optimistas
              I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

How? They don't have a trade route with Germany.
                - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber
                  How? They don't have a trade route with Germany.

I don't know how, but they are... See this (is from the last save):
                  Attached Files
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas

Comment

The bloody Persians must have airports then!

Seriously... I'm confused as much as you are. This simply isn't possible.
                    I guess the trade with Germany must be some other trade agreement, not one which involves luxuries and/or strategic resources.
                    Last edited by Shiber; September 21, 2002, 18:20.
                    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Still this won't make an immediate difference in orders as you will have noticed we are going to pasargadae, from there we will cut of routes south.(that too is in the orders) Those who make the chat please,please make sure forces do do this. Shiber if you make the chat can you make sure this is done.
                      Aggie
                      The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber
                        The bloody Persians must have airports then!

Seriously... this isn't possible. The trade with Germany must be some other trade agreement, not one which involves luxuries and/or strategic resources.
                        Yeah, it's really weird. Maybe one of the "strange effects" mentioned in the discussions about the 1.29 patch. I don't know. Could someone with 1.21 look this screen?
                        Btw, what kind of other trade agreements? Not RoP's, the advisor has a section to this. Are they paying tribute, maybe? A peace treaty with some gpt involved?
                        RIAA sucks
                        The Optimistas

Comment

It is possible that persian city of sido is attached to nearby aztec city.Im not quite sure how updated of a map i am looking at but if we trade maps with aztecs we could figure this out. Wat is the status between aztecs and persia? and is it possible to trade from persian harbor to third nation who has harbor who has road networked to germany?
                          :-p

Comment

Aggie: Sure. I'll scream like a baby if they defy you unless something REALLY drastic happens, in which case we'll have to stop playing anyway.
                            Aro: I have 1.21 and I did check it right after I saw your first post. Now at least we know that this isn't a weird 1.29 effect.
                            Calc II: yes, it's possible, but the Persians don't have a harbor. If they did we'd see an anchor icon next to the city that has a harbor, regardless of the status of our maps.
                            Last edited by Shiber; September 21, 2002, 18:43.
                            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie
                              Still this won't make an immediate difference in orders as you will have noticed we are going to pasargadae, from there we will cut of routes south.(that too is in the orders) Those who make the chat please,please make sure forces do do this. Shiber if you make the chat can you make sure this is done.
                              Aggie
                              Who is worried? Me?
                              Absolutely right, Aggie. As you said before, we will have Knights and Swords. And don't worry about the chat, Commander... your orders will be done.
                              Pasargadae, you're the next!
                              RIAA sucks
                              The Optimistas

Comment

Working...
                              X