No announcement yet.

The art of leaving cities undefended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's unfortunate jes doesn't speak English, but then again it's probably for the best. THe first game was on little tiny islands which is a bull**** setting in the first place and on deity it's even worse. He landed on my city of York with a chariot and a horseman, I had no way of stopping him with the techs I had. It's on deity you stupid ****, I have no choice but to defend. I hate stupid people. I can't put into words how much I hate them. The second game I won, even though jes had ****ing whales and **** and I had a forest and grassland. But that's because jes can't do **** unless he's given a few thousand years to grow, and he said as much himself. The second game was deity 1x1x also on a medium map, it's just too bad jes doesn't know how to fight very well. The only reason jes won the first game was because we were right next to each other, I was about 5 spaces from him and he landed me which is impossible to stop with units he got out of huts. I got 1 unit out of a hut and it was an archer too far away. Really, amazing games. I can see how there is so much strategy involved, I really do.

Comment

eyes, if you would take your time to play me and not to blame me, we could have good games. but all the time you talk about **** and rookie-settings and so on, so i have no fun in playing you.

its a fact your argumenats are poor, all the things you said about our games are the same you can critisize in a 2x2x game.
      about the startings places, you whined about, i put one in the attachement. did i say a word? i played, and i had luck, ok, but i hate people, talking all the time, but not playing and taking a good challenge.

in the save, eyes is the greek, me babys.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MalevolentLight
        *Whine*
        Dont know if I have to put or here.........

Comment

Sean is an idiot, his excuse is luck cuz he lost but had his units found Jes it would have been skill

and as for his win , its all skill of course...

gotta love it
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Actually My units never found jes. Jes gave up when he failed to kill my city. It's not my fault he's stupid and isn't aware that attacking a fortified warrior on a river with a horseman will result in the horseman losing. The only reason jes won the first game was that I got that chariot out of a hut, and were were very close together on an island map. I had no way of stopping him from landing me and killing my city. The game was over as soon as he got that chariot. None of you have been able to present a good strategy used on deity, while I on the other hand can name 20 different and unique strategies to be used on King. The first game was an islands games, the second was all one continent. Jes admitted in the beginning that he was trying to even the game by making it islands. Less land means less exploration and less options for expansion. Lesser players take away options from the better player in an attempt to even the game. It's that way in all games. It's why rookies in AOC play blackforest because it's so easy to wall and forces all players to boom to imperial age. It's why the WCG is played on Arabia because it allows for all forms of play.

Comment

There seem to be quite a few good 1x1x players posting here, especially from Europe and UK.

Any chance of finding a timeslot that will work for Aussies and Europe?

Suggest a 1x1x deity level ongoing game with 5 players - any other settings.
              "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I believe 1 x 1 players about the laziest civ players ever. And I am prepared, as boring and horrible as it will be to prove it. To proof once and for all that I am the best player in the world, bar none, at any settings.
                So I suggest a 1 x 1 deity game under the following conditions to remove luck from deciding the victor:
                1) no huts
                2) premade, island board with civs seperated, can be a random board where the civs are placed in equal, yet poss. different locations. or a random start that is aproved by both players, no city construction or irrigation or roading for a number of turns to determine that starts for both are acceptable thus maintaining the unkown board, only problem is the games desire to place civs very close, which ultimately will lead to an unsatisfying and inconclusive finish.
                3) save the start, and replay that board with players switching starting civs.
                This will lead to a conclusive finish. You win, your better, end of story.
                8 Time Game League Champion!
                Oh, Its True, Its Dang True!

Comment

Strat, you talking about the duel challenge there?

The game I was suggesting is MP = 5 players, yes?
                  "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by StrategicKingMi
                    So I suggest a 1 x 1 deity game under the following conditions to remove luck from deciding the victor:
                    1) no huts
                    2) premade, island board with civs seperated...
                    3) save the start, and replay that board with players switching starting civs.
                    This will lead to a conclusive finish. You win, your better, end of story.
                    that´s it.
                    Nothing is more painful than regret.
                    Don't contradict a woman - wait until she does herself

Comment

Interesting suggestion strat, but you may as well use premade boards if you are going to play like this, or just play once only per random board, since in the return match both players will know the map.

Comment

Working...
                      X