No announcement yet.

The art of leaving cities undefended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the recap of your game SK... it sounds like fun.

Usually in our games, cannons mean the kiss of death for somebody in our games.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Turns at that point of the game took between 15 and 25 mins depending on who the host was. But so what? You got so much accomplished in each turn, it was like an event. And you looked forward to it with great anticipation. Alot of players are so concerned with the time of each turn, I just dont get that. I want to do as much as I can every turn and want the person i am playing to do as much as they can do per turn. Time is not relevant.
      8 Time Game League Champion!
      Oh, Its True, Its Dang True!

Comment

25 minutes. That was what drove me nuts in past games.
        You may think he's stretching it, but I have no doubt it's the truth.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

15 - 25 minutes isn't that long for a duel when you have loads of cities and bags of units.

Comment

It is if it isn't a duel.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Agreed.....for a 4 player it is not good.

Comment

its a long time regardless of what your playing
                Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I must agree it's what you do in a turn that is most relevant. It's a bit boring if everyone just plays quick turds.
                  "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Was that a Freudian slip? Or are you just calling War a turd?

Comment

Longer turns are to be expected as the game moves along. There isn't much you can do about it.

That's why I'm not a big fan of allowing ship chaining. It's a great trick, but takes forever to move units instantly around the board. It's one of the things that obviously adds time to the game. While most consider it legal and an excellent way to move units... it does just slow up the game.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

USA´s why they TALK also there a war?

listen they presindent need some fact!

Comment

See you in a week ottok... You've been posting off topic in way too many on topic threads across most forums
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

POOR OTTOCK HAHA....

Someone ban Spike for continuously insulting me off topic

back on topic, i don't mind game turns which get longer ....duh as the game progresses that is inevitable.....but when someone takes 20 min real early in the game and does it each turn, that is just too slow for my liking.

an invasion is one thing, maximizing your beakers/workers/trade etc during your turn will cause me great dismay and probably lead to a mental note of "do not play him again"

i don't have the time to wait forever , especially if my turns go by quickly.... as a rule, i allow other players twice my time as a max on what is reasonable.

but if your going to break out the protractor, rulers, an abacus (spelling?) and stare at the screen for 10 mins pondering your next turn that isn't for me :q
                            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I for one can attest firsthand that War does not take long on his turns, even when he has 5 vet catapults piled on 3 archers, on a hill no less, directly next to a main city, oh and don't forget he has a couple tiremes full of vet units for backup and is relesntless.

-Skivrmt
                              "You're born...you die..and if you're lucky...somewhere in between...you live" - Jackson Hole Ski Area Ad

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                                POOR OTTOCK HAHA....

Someone ban Spike for continuously insulting me off topic
                                I didn't insult you mate......I was just enquiring as to whether Deity meant to.

Comment

Working...
                                X