The art of leaving cities undefended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I basically agree.

Wish he'd grow up though. Playing that juvenile game is not even entertaining.... never was for me.

Sean, shed the boy.
    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I'm surprised there were no fireworks in the Aussie thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
        Please don't encourage Deity, you know how he gets
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Sean you can't win a game past 1 ad....and i am surprised your gaimes get that far, considering you find the enemy capital by about 3650 BC
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by HappySunShine
            Ok, for the last and final time I will make the challenge: NO ONE CAN BEAT ME ON DEITY WHEN I HAVE HG. Amazing how all the rooks who couldn't break top 10 on the real ladders on 2x2x went over to some stupid kraut site for 1x1x deity and now think they're bad ass. Woke did the same thing, he also was foolish and thought he could beat me without happy wonders.
            well, im happy to meet you in a game, eyes.
            tell me where i can contact you. i never see you in icq.
            i think, realistic is it to play on weekend, or can you play during the week as well at times, where im still awake?
            i live here with GMT +1.
            this weekend im working. if you wonna play, you can do it with max as well .
            next weekend i can play.

Comment

If you give Eyes HG what are you going to take as 'your wonder'?

Comment

i am going to change the rules.txt when i host and not let him know that will be my wonder

Comment

As always you're talking **** war but you never back it up and you have me on invisible on ICQ. So much for all your talk.

Comment

Wait a minute eyes... I thought you said you don't use ICQ anymore... having trouble keeping your lies straight

Well... aren't you going to except the German Challange... or are you afraid you will lose...

Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hehe....*munches popcorn*

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                        If you give Eyes HG what are you going to take as 'your wonder'?
                        well, first i dint want to chose any special wonder, but i think lh maybe a good choice

Comment

You're assuming he's going to actually play. Yeah, I know, he's the one that threw down the gauntlet, and you are the one that is accepting, but don't bet on him playing... That is more his style... just to ignore you and claim nobody is willing to play him...
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

SEAN I AM AT WORK....HAVEN'T REALLY BEEN ON ICQ ALL WEEK..I DON'T CIV DURING THE WEEK ANYMORE...TOO BUSY...

TRY ME THIS WEEKEND IF POSSIBLE?

Comment

In a recent game with Martin, he had 3 times the forces at one point then I did, using the warior trick to upgrade wariors to muskets. The problem Martin had was my mobility, as he put it so elequently--
                              "I hate you, you have half as many units, but always where you need them."
                              I simply created a mobile defense using 2 intercont. railroads to move newly created canons to ports. Ship chains to have them off another conts coast to the west. Every time martin built a new city on that coast, my explorers, on board ships with my mageleons moving 7 spaces patroled the entirity of that coastline. Now everytime he built a new city, I land and take it out with units created half a world away the same damn turn. I also had ironclads patroling that could be called in for shore bombardment if need be. Also, I was prepared to land with settlers and building citys and railroads to destroy an incoming force detected by my explorers that would have built too many citys for me to take out in 1 turn.
                              He actually built a city on a forest, with its only land conection was a forest, so my cannons were useless. This force could land on my unprotected cont and end the game! I detected the force before it built the city and had no units in place to stop it.
                              BUT, I was working on engineering at that time. So I went back into my trade advisor, built 6 caravans, organized a delivery system hit enough routes that turn to fill the beakers up full. Set my citys to producing settlers knowing that most would be upgraded to engineers the same turn as I got the tech!
                              This caught him by total surprise!
                              I landed the engineers on that forest. built a railroad, then a city and moved right to that forest city and destroyed it with 3 canons killing a massive 16 unit invading force!!!! Game over!
                              (of course, if he played it different, had vet muskets instead of new warior recruits, and had built an 8 size city, now I would have to have about 12 -15 canons in place to take it out which might not have happened!)
                              The point is, I was in democracy and most of my citys were unprotected and was totally safe as I maticulessly patrolled ALL poss. avenues of aproach and had intriquate defense strategies to prevent just 1 ship getting near my shore. (I failed once, a galleon got to my main city mass, but only had a diplomat on it as it was an upgraded ship that was out salling since 3250 bc)
                              8 Time Game League Champion!
                              Oh, Its True, Its Dang True!

Comment

each turn takes an hour

Comment

Working...
                                X