No announcement yet.

Does slow play have you fuming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, Hydey. So let's get this straight. Carlton will finish bottom for the first time ever. Glad we've got that straight.

So who do you owe the money? Anyone we know?
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Re: skill vs speed

Originally posted by War4ever
      I have played many people over the ages...... but what is everyones position on slow play? Personally its the one part of the game that drives me bonkers....

should slow players get a break if their skills are great..or should the game move along at the quickest pace possible?
      If one is good at something, it usually ends up taking less time for them to do what they're good at doing.
      So these alleged "great skills" players should be steaming along.
      MOVE ONLY!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Well put Finbar........

Deity..don't take the personally...i know everyone loves to tease you... but there are other players as slow or even slower than you......

yours was the first active name i could think of
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I thought it was a clear breach of Labor Party rules to support Carlton

Which Branch are you in Hydey?
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Slow play sucks all the fun out of the game. I don't mind the occasional long turn when one civ decides to take 7 or 8 enemy cities on the same turn. BUT when you're playing a 4 person game and one person is taking longer than the other 3 put together. And no attacking is going on.

Then someone gets disconnected and you have to restart and you see they have fewer units then cities. What the heck takes so long. I can understand a bad connection, but when it takes 5 minutes to move 5 units, something is drastically wrong.

I will try to avoid playing with a person that has demonstrated this in multiple games. (i'll give them the benifit of the doubt the first one or two times)

RAH
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

God, how I hate a slow game, I would rather watch paint dry then wait for some yahoo to move three units in a ten minute span.

I don't want to hear about maximizing trade or arrows or any other crap, I only work that hard if I'm getting paid, damn it!
              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I think you guys are being unfair to slow players. There are many decisions which need to be carefully weighed and considered when you are leading a great nation.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

who's being unfair......the slow player for ruining the game or the fast player *****ing about it.....

besides, how many of you guyz are actually leading a great nation
                  Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

well Deity tells me he's being attacked by 4 players in that game where people were complaining.

4 against 1

Big brave Americans

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                      well Deity tells me he's being attacked by 4 players in that game where people were complaining.

4 against 1

Big brave Americans
                      How many times do i need to post...

winzity isn't attacking he doesn't even have crusaders! While diety has conscripts.

Raz attacked with something like one unit.. Ok whatever diety..

dagmine doesn't have any units or army tech, he took a empty city and that was it.

So, what does diety do? Move his 7 units around in circles?
                      Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                      and kill them!

Comment

Sometimes when you have fewer units you have to think about how to deploy them more

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                          Sometimes when you have fewer units you have to think about how to deploy them more
                          This was at the start of last session... As he admited he needed more then 10 minutes to move here! Give me a break no one can be this SLOW. This game he can't use the excuses "I am moving a ton of units" "I got lag" etc etc etc
                          Attached Files
                          and kill them!

Comment

What do you think I'm doing then?
                            Cooking lunch?

Actually I moved just about all units depending on each turn's prediction of who and where the next attack will be. So I moved defenders to the West or South when I knew Dang or Raz would attack; then back to the East when Markus troops looked imminent.
                            In the 4 turns I moved my unit numbers up to 30/40 units btw; when Markus lost 30 or so

Markus, can't you just admit that the strats involved here are interesting and quite not what you expected? You thought you'd set a trap to kill all my subs but that wasn't so

I'm pausing and doing a tiny bit of thinking on my turns under these extraordinary circumstances of fighting three civs. But otherwise all I'm doing is moving units.

You can't run down Raz and Dang's attacks because I'm not sure what their forces are. How can you be so sure? Dang has Sun Tzu. Raz has Dragoons. If a civ attacks I assume they have forces to back it....
                            "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

So what Deity is really saying is if you want to shorten his turns you need to attack him from several directions at once
                              Last edited by Alexander's Horse; June 17, 2002, 22:49.

Comment

Originally posted by deity

In the 4 turns I moved my unit numbers up to 30/40 units btw; when Markus lost 30 or so
                                So let me see your way of doing math 56 - 30 = 62 ?
                                You have less then 30 units btw.
                                and kill them!

Comment

Working...
                                X