No announcement yet.

Does slow play have you fuming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Deity's losing - but because you all had to gang up on him to bring him down he wins even if he loses, if you see what I mean

Ashes in your mouth Markusf
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
      Oh Deity's losing - but because you all had to gang up on him to bring him down he wins even if he loses, if you see what I mean

Ashes in your mouth Markusf
      Funny, normally in a war, one tends to lose cities and units. yet for all his whining diety hasn't lost units to anyone but me. I am not blind they are just "stagged" wars to spread techs.
      Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
      and kill them!

Comment

• Originally posted by markusf

we played double the turns this session in 2/3 the time. Your turns where closer to 5 minutes this time.. maybe its because you had less cities to work with..

Ya dagmine must be real hard to deal with. He doesn't have a single offensive unit. face it you didn't know i had armour, you didn't think i would land on forests and knock out your fortifications. And now you got green to declare war on me which has more cities then you and dagmine combined Of course it doesn't matter that i destroyed all your improvements, razed a city to the ground, and knocked out a good portion of your army and all your major cities are shrinking by one a turn. Nope deity is winning no matter what.
        icq from Dangime:
        "me? oh yeah well you are wasting at least 8 or 10 troops to keep me locked up instead of hitting you ^_^"

The point is Markus and Dangime have discussed the situation of eliminating me strategically. If Dangime wasn't still landing Muskets and diplos in the West, which ties up many defenders as he points out, Markus EASTERN spy invasion would have failed. With 3 mvt spies and Armour Markus could still land and move on Forests etc that would otherwise have had defenders on them. Plus his Armour invasion failed. He lost at least 4 or 5 Armour and another two or so are toast next turn.

And if Markus was fair he would admit that in the Tourney game last year where he suspected three civs had ganged up on HIM he just totally quit the game after losing ONE Wonder city! But despite losing all improvements in my cap and two other cities I continue to thwart his invasion. I'm having a bal and loving this as much as winning! But Markus seems to be whining about the whole thing all the time like it's some sort of duty! God he's a pain Thank goodness he still at least has decent conversations on icq!

I'm making a point here that, in game terms, is about a test of player character and real moral strength as AH is pointing out, thankfully
        I draw the Churchill analogy here.... We will fight then in the swamps and in the forests but we shall never surrender.

Get with the program everyone!

This is the funnest part of the game!

Don't just concede and write your own orbituaries!

Re-write history
        "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Funny, normally in a war, one tends to lose cities and units. yet for all his whining diety hasn't lost units to anyone but me. I am not blind they are just "stagged" wars to spread techs.
          I've lost units to Dangime, Raz, Berzerker and Markus;
          I've lost my captured Spanish cities to Markus and Winzity.

I've lost one minor mainland city each to Raz, Berzerker and a more major city to Dangime. None have been recaptured since I'm conserving resources to thwart invasions from East, West and South... go figure.

They are mostly not staged wars either and if they were I don't think you can complain when you openly plan with other players, in a supposed diplo game, that you haven't even met in-game!
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Whilst I would encourage Green (J23SE) and all other players to attack you I did not 'plan' anything with J23SE.
            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by deity

And if Markus was fair he would admit that in the Tourney game last year where he suspected three civs had ganged up on HIM he just totally quit the game after losing ONE Wonder city!

Ha, a great example of you changing the rules in the game as you go along. All of a sudden deity gifts units to Hydey and attacks me on the same turn. Hydey didn't have enough units to take my city so diety just keeps gifting units till he has enough. (this is all done on the same turn)

Of course your ignor the fact the session before you did that you reposted the rules saying unit gifting is banned.
              http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...5&pagenumber=2

I suppose once could be considered a misunderstanding.. But then you tried to do the same thing 2 times in this game already. So one can only come to the conclusion that the rules everyone decides on are only in effect as long as diety thinks he is winning.
              Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
              and kill them!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hydey
                stop talking about the game and get back to slagging deity
                I agree with the first part, and as for the second part... let's slag ALL slow players
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ha, a great example of you changing the rules in the game as you go along. All of a sudden deity gifts units to Hydey and attacks me on the same turn. Hydey didn't have enough units to take my city so diety just keeps gifting units till he has enough. (this is all done on the same turn)

Of course your ignor the fact the session before you did that you reposted the rules saying unit gifting is banned.
                  http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...5&pagenumber=2

I suppose once could be considered a misunderstanding.. But then you tried to do the same thing 2 times in this game already. So one can only come to the conclusion that the rules everyone decides on are only in effect as long as diety thinks he is winning.
                  As you know Cavebear investigated this and said that NO rules were broken.
                  Makeo and Hydey along with Caveabear can confirm this.
                  You are just a sore loser; unlike me in the current game. In fact I'm winning, in the broadest sense of the word
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• I can confirm that the organiser of the tourney (cavebear) did investigate and found we had no case to face and that Markus should have played on.
                    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                      I agree with the first part, and as for the second part... let's slag ALL slow players
                      Ming, this is beyond a joke. Your talk and that of others keeps perpetuating the myth and making an assumption that I play slow. It's been proven wrong (other than connection problems and a few very long turns I've done over the years knocing out many cities)

I'm all for stirring in the forums but it's nice to draw a line and recognise the truth sometimes. Otherwise it gets very boring and does not encourage some honest posting.

Thank goodness the biggest stirrer of them all (AHorse) played in my current game.
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Hmmm... let's see... I said we should slag ALL slow players. I didn't mention your name at all... and have never accused you of it on these forums...

A little touchy on this subject... aren't you
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                          Hmmm... let's see... I said we should slag ALL slow players. I didn't mention your name at all... and have never accused you of it on these forums...

A little touchy on this subject... aren't you
                          YES!!!!!!!!!

And your comment IS in context.

You know perfectly well that this whole thread has developed into a 'bash slow deity' thread

I know War didn't intend it that way but he did inc me in the poll!
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

YES!!!!!!!!!

And your comment IS in context.

You know perfectly well that this whole thread has developed into a 'bash slow deity' thread

I know War didn't intend it that way but he did inc me in the poll!
                            Sorry Deity , didn't realize this was going to be such a problem

I only included you in the poll to take my own little jab at you....i wasn't expecting the whole community to jump all over you....

i hear you have sped things up last session though
                            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by War4ever
                              Sorry Deity , didn't realize this was going to be such a problem

I only included you in the poll to take my own little jab at you....i wasn't expecting the whole community to jump all over you....

i hear you have sped things up last session though
                              No worries

But therein lies the problem. I haven't 'sped up', I just didn't have any lag ups. I played exactly the same way...

Damn myths and legends! I'm neither!
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Damn myths and legends! I'm neither!
                                Dang! I'm going to have to find someone else to worship.
                                " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                                "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
                                X