No announcement yet.

Free Techs for the Host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did have one where it to 5 starts or so, and since it took some time, when we finally got a clean start, a fourth player wanted to join so we started again and it took another 5 turns. But I wouldn't count that as 10 since we got one clean one in the middle
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I hosted one game with Woke, Atawa and Dank that was over 5 restarts. For the most part though I'd say the probability of a clean start was quite high, say 75%.

Comment

its odd...and it goes in spurts.....i have hosted 10 games in a row without techs...then join in a Rah game and restart four times in a row.....go figure....

more players and smaller the map the more likelyhood of techs....thats about the only thing that is consistent
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by rah
          Average for when I host is 2-4.
          Max, probably 7 maybe 8. (you lose track of the exact count after 5 )

RAH
          I used to play with people who would "get bored" after 2 restarts claiming it was 5 or 6, so I started adding a number to my name after each restart (ie Deity Dude, Deity Dude II, Deity Dude III etc)

Comment

Deity Dude XXII must have just played single player
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Depending on who you're playing with can make it easy or painful. With the real experienced people, they've checked out the demos and can be backed out before the host even checks his science advisor. If everyone is out quickly you can be trying again in less than a minute.

Then there are some poeple that when you use kingchat to say, "3 Techs, try again", they reply back, "does that mean we're restarting" and waits to back out till you respond. By now, War4 has been out of the game for the required time and comes back in, but since the original moron hasn't backed out yet, NEW PLAYER TRANSMITTING. ARRRRGGGGGGGGG

I once started a game with War Markus and Berz and I think we got a clean start after 5 attempts in LESS than 5 minutes

RAH
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks Rah....and icq phone helps some of us expediate the process.......and i agree...at times it can be aggravating to say the least

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                  Thanks Rah....and icq phone helps some of us expediate the process.......and i agree...at times it can be aggravating to say the least
                  Yeah... when we were playing all the duels with ICQ phone, it was amazing how fast we could restart... It sure makes life easier, and a heck of a lot more fun too.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Unfortunately, the people that have/use ICQ phone are not the problem people.

Rich
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
                      Unfortunately, the people that have/use ICQ phone are not the problem people.
                      I have and use it so I must not be the problem.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hydey

I have and use it so I must not be the problem.
                        your an aussie.....of course your the problem

Comment

• I have a phone message for you WAR4 I put it in your sig.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hydey
                            I have a phone message for you WAR4 I put it in your sig.
                            Barono told me you guys have used icq phone before.....personally i enjoy it and it makes games alot more fun....

especially when your WELL ON YOUR WAY

Comment

Working...
                            X