Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

You're the world's greatest player - on settings of your own choosing

Markusf did the kind of map he prefers and it looked like the green fields of freaking Ireland

He ends up smack in the middle with rivers up the diddlee-o and I end up on a finger land with nothing

Physician heal thyself

ahahaha, i am pretty much the only player who plays nearly ever single damn setting. But one thing i will not do is play a small map that is nothing but hills and plains and no grassland. Why should i waste a month or 2 playing a game that is basically over in the first 5 minutes. Whats the fun in a game where no one can build a city over size 3 and every city is on a hill top or mountain. hell there isn't even a 2x player or 1x for that matter that will play on your retarded settings!
    Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
    and kill them!

Comment

Originally posted by markusf

ahahaha, i am pretty much the only player who plays nearly ever single damn setting.
      Bullsh*t. You piked it on 2 games simply because you didn't like your start, LOL.

And I was on leave and available to play you all day.

I think your refusal to play on settings you don't like really undermines your claims to be a great player. You can't even handle raging hoardes - which is the usual Aussie barb setting
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Also in that game i had 14 cities at 1000 bc and i wiped your 7 cities by 800 bc. Why should i spend 3 months playing a game where i can do the same thing in 2 hours. Frankly your skill level is that of a newbie.. Your much like stratking your trying to search for a setting that your the "best" at in your own mind. Of course no one else but you actually plays on those settings.
        and kill them!

Comment

Bullsh*t. You piked it on 2 games simply because you didn't like your start, LOL.

And I was on leave and available to play you all day.

I think your refusal to play on settings you don't like really undermines your claims to be a great player. You can't even handle raging hoardes - which is the usual Aussie barb setting
          Give it a rest i looked at the damn map after. There wasn't a single grassland square anywhere, and you had a river for both starts. The whole map was was nothing but hills and the occasional plain. I have never ever seen maps that bad. I told you before i wouldn't play if you created those crappy maps.
          and kill them!

Comment

I know the trick you use well.
            host gets free tech, or a river start.

How many people would ever play on this kind of map using 1x 1x settings?
            Attached Files
            and kill them!

Comment

Also in that game i had 14 cities at 1000 bc and i wiped your 7 cities by 800 bc. Why should i spend 3 months playing a game where i can do the same thing in 2 hours. Frankly your skill level is that of a newbie.. Your much like stratking your trying to search for a setting that your the "best" at in your own mind. Of course no one else but you actually plays on those settings.
              LOL Mr "I'll only play on the maps I like, preferably ones I built myself"

People I've spoken to just can't believe you did that.

I play any settings and I play every start (unless I get techs of course).
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

LOL Mr "I'll only play on the maps I like, preferably ones I built myself"

People I've spoken to just can't believe you did that.
                I have never ever complained to others about the map settings they use. except rah, who used to use a toned down version of your hills everwhere maps, but at least that was 2x.. The ones you use are beyond horrible, and specifically designed to annoy me. If i wanted to bore myself to death i would play the AI on mountain settings, at least they would be more of a challenge.
                and kill them!

Comment

Markusf, the maps you played on are the map settings we Aussies always play on.

But if you can't hack it, that's okay

Oh! And if you're going to show my starts on the 2 starts you refused to play, you should show your starts as well. I'd be interested to see them.

Comment

Markusf, the maps you played on are the map settings we Aussies always play on.

But if you can't hack it, that's okay

Oh! And if you're going to show my starts on the 2 starts you refused to play, you should show your starts as well. I'd be interested to see them.
                    Blue is my start, the other one is yours. Its obvious that i can not build a city over size 2, and can not build sets without serious irrigation. Not to mention there is only one spot i could build a second city and that is directly south.

As for the austrailians playing those maps? ahahahaha I did join the saterday game that makeo droped out of, and the maps are completely and utterly different. See their maps have these things called grasslands.
                    and kill them!

Comment

Oh right - from what I can see of the starts you had a river just like me.

WHAT ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT?

Comment

i started by the pheasent.

you get 4 science beakers to start with if you build both cities by your river. I get one science beaker if i built by the pheasent. If by some fluke i moved my second set straight down and managed to find the river i could build a second city on the river. but corruption would give me a total of 2 science beakers... Now after that if i ever manage to grow the cities to size 2 and build sets i have pretty much no place i can build more cities at.
                        and kill them!

Comment

What settings generated those 2 starts? Warm, normal, 3 bill?

Comment

As for the austrailians playing those maps? ahahahaha I did join the saterday game that makeo droped out of, and the maps are completely and utterly different. See their maps have these things called grasslands.
                            That game is a diplo game playedon USA saturday time to enable us to get some play in with you guys

ie not the usual Aussie map settings

Please continue this nice and polite discussion.
                            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                              What settings generated those 2 starts? Warm, normal, 3 bill?
                              Looks like warm arid 5 billion (the worst settings I can think of). Don't understand how anyone can play on those maps, no fun at all on any settings if you have to struggle to put any decent cities down. Just seems like a skill-equalizing setting (everyone's starts suck, expansion doesn't help because there are no good city sites, growth is almost impossible).

Comment

I was going to say arid, but I didn't think anyone would play that, and there aren't enough deserts, so I said normal. It also looks too clustered for 5 bill to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X