Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok . . .

Originally posted by Exile
    some cities in China are going to be very much tougher to seize and Japan has been weakened somewhat. Sorry WF, but the way it stood, a competent Japanese player could mop up in China without much problem. It needed to be more difficult. The Japanese didn't start grabbing up real estate there until the late 1880s, and the first Sino-Japanese War didn't kick off until 1895.

Nah, I'm sure I'll get by. At least you think I must be a competent player

Regarding your very nice map, Grogthar: Sakhalin (the long thin island north of the four main Japanese islands) was actually a Russian possession at the time the scen starts. And I think that the Independent nations civ and the British have far too similar colours. Perhaps make the independents light grey?

Apart from that though, nice work

Comment

Clarification;

As soon as Henrik gets the player list done, I'll send out the final versions to playtest.

Yeah, I know. But I'm a perfectionist these days.

These delays are irritating, but I'm trying to produce the best scenario yet, so bear with me. The end product will be worth it.
      Lost in America.
      "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
      "or a very good liar." --Stefu
      "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!! A new map which actually has hawaii on it!! And new zealand in its proper place, thank you PSP!!!
        Attached Files
        Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Exile -

Just in case you're checking this thread a bit more often, thought I'd tell you that the civfan player list is good to go.
          Unbelievable!

Comment

OK . . .

After excessive testing, the version that exists now should do the trick. I'm going to start sending it out now to the players. If things seem . . . unusual, then look at the Impread file. If you still have questions, then ask them here in this thread or feel free to email me. New sound files are available too.

Here is the player list;

Grothgar--Russia
            JJKirk--USA
            Henrik--Germany
            Jmarks--France
            WinterFritz--Japan
            I'll take Great Britain (unless someone else wants it. I'm not to clear on who claimed it.)

Let it begin.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Exile; May 20, 2002, 00:58.
            Lost in America.

Comment

Nothing happened in russia, russia is open to any offers of alliance from anyone Also trade units are abord russian steamers and must not be touched or impeded in any way.

Also people you will need to zip up your save files because otherwise it wont attach thanx to the huge map
              Attached Files

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

That turn list is in the wrong order, it's supposed to be:
                Russians (Grothgar)
                Japanese (Winterfritz)
                French (Jmarks)
                Germans (Henrik)
                Americans (James J Kirk)
                Brittish (Exile)

Which means that now its japans turn.
                No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

About the British . . .

Actually, someone else needs to step forward and play them. I'd like to, and it's tempting, but the truth is that I know way too much about the thing and how it works and what kind of potential all the civs have. I've been testing it for several weeks. Me with the Brits just wouldn't be fair to the other players.

If no one steps forward, I will play until someone does, so keep the game going.

It just seemed like the players' list was so perfect--all the right people.

Damn!
                  Lost in America.

Comment

Ok guys, heres what im proposing. I wanted to be britain in this PBEM but iwas under the impression that Britain was taken so i have asked Exile and he has agreed that we can swap places so he is russia and i am britain. Obviously you have the final word on this so please say yes

Also exile would rather not control any nation in this because he knows too much about them. So we still need a russia player but exile will hold that fort until we get one

Comment

May i play later on?
                      "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

The Emperor offers his sincerest apologies - the schedule at the Summer Palace in Kyoto (read: school ) has been particularly hectic as of late. The Japanese turn is coming.

Comment

I'm going away starting today for a week, I'll be back next Thursday, and hopefully you all won't have to wait too long for me

Comment

Nippon Times: Dec 1869

Economic plan initiated
                            Our most wise ministers, acting on the behalf of the great Emperor Meiji, have begun ambitious plans to modernize the economy of our proud nation. At this very moment, ships carrying the best and most modern products are steaming towards the rich ports and cities of Europe. We ask that all nations respect these ships and allow them entry to the prosperous European centres of commerce, so that Japanese-European trade may be encouraged to the benefit of both areas.

Korean independence assured
                            This month also saw our benevolent government recognize the independence of the Koreans and repudiate Chinese claims to suzerainity over the penninsular. 'Japanese troops are at the ready,' stated Foreign Minister Winterfritz in an address in Tokyo today, 'to prevent the entry of Chinese troops into Korean territory. Indeed, Japan will not tolerate any foreign interference in the destiny of the Korean people... apart from the help and aid of their comrades, the Japanese.' The government has officially asked that all Western nations recognize both Korean independence from China, as well as the superiority of Japan's interests in the region over those of any other nation.

Japan has also staked a claim to the Ryuku Islands south of Kyushu and the island of Formosa, or Taiwan. Ministers are currently planning a program of colonization for both regions, and the Imperial Navy is moving in to enforce Japanese suzerainity.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I recieved the French turn via mail...

Some short German Headlines:

German Foreign Policies clarified!

Germany fully supports the Korean independence struggle and expresses confidence that the Japanese troops will be able to solve things in the best possible way.

In Europe, Germany, after having recieved a plea for help from the Serbian Government, is sending troops to Serbia to help enforce the Serbian government and restore order in the nation, it appears a small group of conspirators is trying to destroy the Serbian government.
                              "Rest asured order will be restored shortly", by our imperial Army said Chanselor Bissmarck earlier today in an official Statement.

An end to Franco-German Rivalry?

The new German Chancelor stated in a speach this morning that "Further rivalry between our two nations will only serve those who would benefit from our demise!"
                              And later on:
                              "I intend this to be the start of an era of Franco-German understanding and cooperation..."
                              Wether this will work or not is unkown and very uncertain, however, similar sentiments are said to have been expressed in France as well...

German Industry is booming!
                              There is an incredible surge for German quality machinery and goods in general in the world, German factories are pumping out ton after ton of these manufactured goods in a never ending stream of exports to the ever so hungry world market.
                              A giant trade convoy of is said to sail for Asia this very minute.

Minor diplomatic crisis with Russia

Russian engineers have witout permission from the German Empire started an integration of their railroad network with the german one, this is outrageous, Germany demands an official explanation and/or apology from the Tzar!
                              As of now the track laying must stop untill an official deal has been made.
                              Attached Files
                              No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

French Authorities back Korean Independence

French officials have, last tuesday, expressed their sincere desire to keep Korea independent from Chinese agressiveness. To help the Japanese with their efforts, cargo loads of various supplies are being sent to Japan post haste. Among them are arms, amunitions, and of course the ever popular machines for agressive manufacturing. "This is a great day for independence" The supreme chansoler said at the ribbon cutting for the send off. "With our help the world shall live in peace."

Tragedy! Panic! Death! Assasination!

Shortly after the ribbon cutting, the supreme chanselor, as well as all very high heads of state were assasinated for convinience of plot. The finger of blame is resting on the North African and Sub-saharan tribes, all of which will pay dearly for their crimes. Any military 'aid' to these peoples will be seen as a direct threat to French interests.

Following this tragedy, the poeple cry out for order. To fill this gap, Joan Loquate assumed position of temporary supreme chansoler/monarch/parliament. He states his desire to restore the order, bring the criminals to justice, take out the garbage, and restore France to the Republic it should be. Officials are currently making order and regestering everyone to vote, since the records have been destroyed in an explosian. It is unknown how long this will take, but optimists are hoping to hold elections by the end of the year.

Parisian Times Weekly/Bimonthly/Bipolar
                                Visit My Crappy Site!!!!
                                http://john.jfreaks.com
                                -The Artist Within-

Comment

Working...
                                X