Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Actually . . .

Originally posted by Exile
    Attaching the file to an email only takes a split-second. It's the lengthy uploading process that takes forever, and I know of no way presently to circumvent it.

Wish I did.
    Why don't you create a crappy geocities site and stick the scenario there, then send the URL to the playtesters
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Russia is available.

The Russian position is now available again. DD had to drop out due to technical difficulties. Darius, here's your opportunity.

Case, I don't want general access to the scenario quite yet. For some reason ( ), I've become a little more protective of my work. When I'm satisfied that the playtesters have found what few problems that might (or might not) remain, then I'll simply post it on the Spanish Civ2 site, then, a few days later, on Civfan.
      Lost in America.
      "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
      "or a very good liar." --Stefu
      "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Sorry Prom, but I'm the descendant of the Sun Goddess here, not you

AFAIK, Smaug took the British after Soundwave pulled out.

Anyone know who plays first?

Comment

Aha, another PBEM, however ive played as russia before, not really my cup of tea. But then again this post is just me showing off the map i made of this, enjoy, and let case update it, hes rather good at it

EDIT: Case isnt in the game so i suppose il take russia,

Grothgar_1999@yahoo.com
          Attached Files
          Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Originally posted by Grothgar
            Aha, another PBEM, however ive played as russia before, not really my cup of tea. But then again this post is just me showing off the map i made of this, enjoy, and let case update it, hes rather good at it
            Great map, I think I've found a few errors though:

Where did the pacific go?
            Poor little Hawaii is somewhere between the right and left end of the map
            Same goes for half of New Zeeland as well

A few other errors as well:
            Even though I'd wish the germans had a port in africa (as I'm playing them) they haven't got one at the start.

Japan and Germany's colours looks too alike, I wouldn't want to mix up our south east asian colonies

Manilla should belong to the latin league.

You forgot to give hanoi to the french and Rangoon to the brittish.

Techinically as greenland bellongs to denmark it should be painted in the german/scandinavian colour
            No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Case isnt in the game so i suppose il take russia
              Aw, crums.
              Unbelievable!

Comment

You know the really worrying thing about Grothgar's map? He didn't get it off th net or anything: he drew the thing himself, by hand.
                "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Oops sorry darius, if you still wish to have russia its all yours i didnt notice that you had already put in a bid for it. Sorry. Ill just need your password so i can make updates to the map lol

New map, Henrik does this satisfy you? And the reason for the pacific and hawaii not being there is the limit on this board to a width of 600 pixels, my map is about 657 pixels so the pacific is missing and new zealand had to be moved to an unhistoric place
                  Attached Files

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Alright, its starting! Oh, if whoever is playing Britain wants to swap civs... Fine by me. Anywhoo, my ability to play may be spotty this and next week, so if I'm unable to play I'll be sure to find a sub. Oh, don't forget to warn me when it actually gets off the ground too. Looking forward to multi-player testing this baby out . whuhoo!

JMARKS
                    Visit My Crappy Site!!!!
                    http://john.jfreaks.com
                    -The Artist Within-

Comment

Well it's not a big deal since I'm playing the same civ at civfan, so if you really want it you can.

Wanna rock-paper-scissors?
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

Actually . . .

I'd like to put Grothgar in Russia in this pbem, for 2 reasons. Firstly, he was one of the first people to respond to the prior thread about playing this scenario. Secondly, Darius, you've already got a spot in the pbem over on the other site, and I'd like to get as many different playtesters into these two games as possible, in order to bring different styles of play to bear on the thing.
                        Lost in America.

Comment

Fine by me
                          Unbelievable!

Comment

Yep, Fine by me as well, here come the czars!!!

Comment

Right... Exile, I sent you an e-mail back
                              "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

Ok . . .

Hold the phone.

Henrik, could you please create another post that lists the players and their email addresses?

Don't start yet. I need to send yet another ( ) version out. The changes are; some graphics, many cities now have Coastal Defences, most of the single-square British island "cities" now have no harbors (thus slowing growth), did away with the unwalled "orient" city graphic (unforeseen problems ), and some cities in China are going to be very much tougher to seize and Japan has been weakened somewhat. Sorry WF, but the way it stood, a competent Japanese player could mop up in China without much problem. It needed to be more difficult. The Japanese didn't start grabbing up real estate there until the late 1880s, and the first Sino-Japanese War didn't kick off until 1895. Also, I've made the Orientals a monarchy government and given them quite a bit of cash.
                                Last edited by Exile; May 17, 2002, 06:27.
                                Lost in America.

Comment

Working...
                                X