No announcement yet.

History PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Austrian Foreign Ministry, corrects the world maps to find, Ottoman, and Russian EMpires are the biggest in Europe.
    "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

Fine occupy Greece *and Crete*
      Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Forgot the Map! silly me!
        Attached Files

Comment

Emperor Ferdinand II Statement

The European Situation is precariusly widening, dispite Austro-Hungarian Army Moves in the Blakans, does not support French ambitions in Spain. Nor do I support Ottoman occupation of Crete if doing so.

For the matter of British/Ottoman relations, seeing they are worsening by the day, I propose a meeting to discuss the deveploments and try and secure peace if that does not work, the Austrian Empire and its people will have to 'pick a side' and support it to the fullest!

Also, I support British Claims for Norway, Russia's claims to Sweeden and Germanys to Denmarck.

Thank you
          Emperor Ferdinand II

Comment

London Times

PM Disraeli Jr. here. I would like to make a statement: The Disraeli Proposal

1. France expansion in Spain should be limited to northern areas and British to west and far south with small south-western area possibly to Italy.

2. Ottoman Empire should withdraw from Greece and Crete and leave to British control. In compensation, Britain will trade with Ottoman Empire and pay in installments a reasonable fee

3. Dardanelles and Bosporus Straits are open to all free traffic of Ottoman Empire and Russia. Russia shall not be restricted passage anytime, the same for the Ottoman Empire

4. Status of Land, excluding Neutrals, but including Spain until further notice, after these proposals are met, shall remain as they are for a period of 5 years, afterwhich, the Status Treaty shall come up for renewal with all parties involved

5. A League of Nations shall be formed out of Geneva, Switzerland and a secretary-general elected immediately. The SG may be replaced by a vote of no confidence, where at least two members should support the vote at first for new elections to take place. It is overridable by a majority vote of the league.
            Last edited by The ANZAC; April 13, 2002, 10:09.
            Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

London Times

Now points 4 and 5 should be ratified immediately by all involved, points 1, 2, and 3 can be worked out with variation. The Stautus of Land Treaty with go into effect as soon as signed, but we will work out Spain and Greece and incorporate if a settlement isn't reached before the treaty is signed. Any questions and comments can be sent to the British PM.

Here's what needs to be ratified:

Spain- UK, Austria, France, Italy
              Greece- UK, Austria, France, Turkey
              Dardanelles and Bosporus Straits- UK, Austria, France, Turkey
              Status of Land Treaty- UK, Austria, France, Turkey
              League of Nations- UK, Austria, France, Turkey, Italy

I will update these with which countries agree and once all do it will become ratified.
              Last edited by The ANZAC; April 15, 2002, 18:11.

Comment

London Times

Alliance Between Russia and Great Britain

Today PM Disraeli and Tsar Nicholas II signed a alliance today. they hope to keep in close friendship and contact and will help eachother in need.

Comment

Spain- I agree, I would want only 1 or 2 cities.
                  Greece- I will stay neutral in this matter
                  Dardanelles and Bosporus Straits- I agree
                  Status of Land Treaty- I agree
                  League of Nations- I agree

Me agreeing is my vote, as for that Anzac can update it and put in the votes for and against.

EF II

Comment

Frances response to The Disraeli Proposal

1. France expansion in Spain should be limited to northern areas and British to west and far south with the rest for discussion later
                    In prinsipal i agree to this porposal, but i still maintain that only Britain, France and to some extent Italy has any rights in the area. I fint it unacceptable and ridiculous that countries such as Austria should have any rights there.

2. Ottoman Empire should withdraw from Greece and Crete and leave to British control. In compensation, Britain will trade with Ottoman Empire and pay in installments a reasonable fee
                    I agree. Greece is British territory, and should remain so in the future.

3. Dardanelles and Bosporus Straits are open to all free traffic of Ottoman Empire and Russia. Russia shall not be restricted passage anytime, the same for the Ottoman Empire
                    I agree.

4. Status of Land, excluding Neutrals, but including Spain until further notice, after these proposals are met, shall remain as they are for a period of 5 years, afterwhich, the Status Treaty shall come up for renewal with all parties involved
                    I agree.

5. A League of Nations shall be formed out of Geneva, Switzerland and a secretary-general elected immediately. The SG may be replaced by a vote of no confidence, where at least two members should support the vote at first for new elections to take place. It is overridable by a majority vote of the league.
                    I agree. But we have to further discuss the mandate of the secretary-general.

-Pierre Rousseau-
                    If you want to discuss topics on History, with an emphasis on the military aspect.
                    Visit: http://www.historic-battles.com/

Comment

Fine occupy Greece *and Crete*
                      What? I didn't touch Crete and it is still yours.

Ottoman Empire should withdraw from Greece and Crete and leave to British control. In compensation, Britain will trade with Ottoman Empire and pay in installments a reasonable fee
                      How can I withdraw from Crete if I didn't occupy it? Also, we won't leave Greece to British control unless we are given some territory elsewhere. Give me Cypros and Crete and you can have Greece.

I agree.

The Status of Land treaty and League of Nations are good ideas. We support them.

Comment

London Times

Revision to 1st Proposal

1. France expansion in Spain should be limited to northern areas and British to west and far south with small south-western area possibly to Italy

The Italics are the change. The Austrian Empire does not have a sphere of influence that extends this far. And they are getting Rumania, so they should feel cheated.

Now with this change, who supports the Spain proposal. Also, once all seven nations sign it it becomes ratified, so become a signatory nation!

As to the Greek question: I will accept Crete (I thought you had it already, turkey ) For mainland Greece, I will pay money, maybe give a tech or two, and help industrialize your nation to a certain extent for those two cities. Would the Ottoman Empire accept this?

PM Disraeli

Comment

As to the Greek question: I will accept Crete (I thought you had it already, turkey ) For mainland Greece, I will pay money, maybe give a tech or two, and help industrialize your nation to a certain extent for those two cities. Would the Ottoman Empire accept this?
                          This looks like a reasonable offer. Of course, the amount of money you will pay should be quite large. Make your offer.
                          Otherwise, we accept your generous proposal.

1. France expansion in Spain should be limited to northern areas and British to west and far south with small south-western area possibly to Italy
                          Italy should get more than "a small south-western area".
                          Below is my humble proposal of how Spain should be divided:

Britain - Cadiz, Seville and Sanatandar
                          Italy - Madrid, Valencia and Barcelona
                          France - Zaragoza, Valladolid and Salamanca
                          Attached Files

Comment

Italy doesn't agree with the propositions mentionned up to now!!

A counter proposal will be offered as soon as the Foreign Ministry is back from his week-end of wine-tasting...
                            Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                            Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                            POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                            LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

If you want to discuss topics on History, with an emphasis on the military aspect.

Comment

While the intentions are good, France cannot accept the suggestion as is stands right now. Italy would get the biggest cities and the most fertile land.

Here is Frances counter proposal:

Britain: Cadiz, Lisbon, Salamanca and Sanatandar
                                France: Madrid, Barcelona, Zaragoza and Valladolid
                                Italy: Valencia and Seville
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X