History PBEM

German Empire: Scott sfluhr@indiana.edu
    Austro-Hungarian Empire: Soundwave - sor_richards@hotmail.com
    Italian Empire: Cyrion - vfrache@hotmail.com
    British Empire: The Anzac - theanzac@hotmail.com
    Ottoman Empire: Dream Deceiver - a.kaarna@pp.inet.fi
    Russian Empire: Pap - pap1723@hotmail.com
    French Empire: Sas - sastokke@broadpark.no

I almost forgot: make sure you all use the muiltevents file for the scenario, not the normal (singleplayer) events file. Just move the events file to another directory and rename muiltevents.txt to events.txt

House Rules
    There is a 48hour time limit, if you dont have your turn with in that time, you give it to someone esle, unless you have like the most coolest excuse, and invasion on switzerland doesn't count

And please tell everyone if your go on hoilday and then get someone to fill in for you, dont get someone your at war with if you are, i know, but you never know.

Thanks Alot guys

And thats it, onwards to victory and the conquest of Europe... also let the dipolmacy begin!!

Good luck all!
    Last edited by Soundwave; April 9, 2002, 05:31.
    "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Europe as it stands...

(thanks for the map Grothgar)
    Attached Files

Comment

Nothing much happened.
      Attached Files

Comment

Vienna Times

Firstly, the Emperor today congratulated the Kraiser on his forced occupation and liberation of Belgium and Holland, he was quitely stunned when the Kraiser said 'nothing much happened' today of the telegram machine.

Also today great liberation of Europe...

Montengero seized
        As part of pre-emptive strike plans, the Austro-Hungarian 2nd Army marched into Podgorica and seized all government officals, while the prince escaped to France.

Serbia Invaded
        With Russia waiting in the Flanks, the Austro-Hungarian 1st and 3rd Army invaded Serbia, to crush the slavish population and stabilish the country.

Elite Apline Troops take Galati
        In a rouse to stop a Russian Invasion of Rumania Austria called for volutneers to invade the city and cut off the Russian Advance... it succeeded with miniumal casluties.

Romanian Decleared A Austrian Province
        If any 'foreign' forces are seen there, they will be fired upon.

Austrian Diplomats Work Hard
        Dipolmats working hard even to impress Metterich or Bismarck. The Austro-Hungarian Empire had formed Non-agression Pacts, Defensive Alliances and Miltary Alliances. With all Nations, no one feels any discontent with the Empire and the Empire is feeling very secure.
        Attached Files

Comment

London Times

The British Empire would like Germany to remain in possession of Belgium, but Britain asks for an indemnity of 150 gold for the country's occupation as it hurt many British businesses there.
          Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

The Imperial German government will consider the British proposal.

Comment

The Emperor Ferdinand II, is so pround the stablity of Europe is in the Hands of such wonderful and intelligent leaders such as the British King and German Kaiser.
              Last edited by Soundwave; April 10, 2002, 16:34.

Comment

Kaiser only has one "r" in it. Not two.

Comment

Chaos in North Africa

La Repubblica

Angry mobs stormed the streets of Tunis and Sfax and attacked the christians of the cities! All the european shops were sacked, among those a lot belonging to the honourable italian merchants!!

The crazy fanatics even burned a few churches to the ground!!

By chance, the battleship Garibaldi was cruising towards the naval base of Palermo and could be quickly derouted to the rescue of the peaceful civilains molested in Tunis!!

After the Garibaldi routed the mob, a contingent of the Italian Army occupied the city and restored order!!

During the same time, a stong contingent of the Royal Marines landed in Sfax and quickly brought calm in the city.

OOC: the Shock Troops have a move of 3, all as road: isn't it too much?? I mean, that's 12 on all grounds!!! 2 (so 8) would be enough, like for Alpine troops!!

And again, Italian alpine troops are Bersaglieri!!

And here is the save:
                  Attached Files
                  Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                  Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                  POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                  LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Hes the update then, i relized, and noone told me, the we were recieving neutral conscripts every turn, so i got rid if that, can we get rid of it in the saved game, coz it would ruin it, if we are getting one each turn!
                    Last edited by Soundwave; April 18, 2002, 00:47.

Comment

Yeah, I realized I had a Neutral Conscript in Rome, but as he had a Swiss flag, I just considered he was part of the Vatican Swiss Guard of the Pope...

Anyway I just disbanded it... Back to his chocolate and mountains...

Comment

Remarks and questions...

Soundwave, once again I come with a few things to say about the units "balance"...

Well, actually we're not only playing, but testing as well, right ???

First, a question: the "+50% defense against movement factor of 2": is it valid ONLY against "move of 2", or for "move of 2 and more"??

Because if it's move of 2 ONLY, then the "special defensive units" won't work agaisnt Cavalry, Yanitshar and most Tanks!! They would only be effective agaisnt Infantry of any kind and Artillery!!! I'm not sure it's what you intended ???

And my usual "movement" complaints:

1) Yanitshar: "all as road" and "move of 4"; that's move of 16 on all grounds!!! unstoppable!! and "ignore fortifications" as well??? Nice unit indeed... What I would propose: "move of 3" and "all as road" (still quite good, no??), removing the "ignore fortifications" (horses against trenches?? ugly sight...) and lower the cost from 140 to 120 !! (hey, I'm not trying to weaken the Ottoman... )

2) Imperial Guard (Russia): either move of 2 (instead of 3) or remove the "all as road" (which I would prefer: really strong unit!!)

3) Maybe lower the move of ALL Medium Tanks (German, British and Italian, the others are already 2) from 3 to 2 ?? And lower Defense from Light Tanks from 5 to 4 (otherwise, they have the same as Medium Tanks...)

4) It seems the Ottoman won't be able to build a Fighter after the Biplane: is that correct?? And no Medium Tank either, even weaker?? Poor Ottoman...

5) A few units still have the "Can spot warships in adjacent squares" on for no good reason: italian light tank M11/39, freight, Imperial Guard, Engineers.

6) The Marines are too cheap!!! What about 100 or 110 instead of 80 ???

OK, that should be enough for today...

Of course, that's only my opinion...

What do you all think about it???

Comment

France makes territorial demands!

French officials announced today a series of plans to secure French interests in Spain and Africa. The following Cities and Territories is now considered a part of France, and any millitary aggression against any of these Cities is considered an act of war against the French empire.

The demands are as followed:

In Africa:

*Tangiers
                          *Fez
                          *Azrou

In Spain:

*Barcelona
                          *Valencia
                          *Zaragoza
                          *Madrid
                          *Valladolid
                          *Salamanca
                          *Seville

France allso recognices British interests in the area, and will not claim Cadiz, Lisbon and Sanatandar.

-Pierre Rousseau-
                          If you want to discuss topics on History, with an emphasis on the military aspect.
                          Visit: http://www.historic-battles.com/

Comment

The Austrian Emperor Ferdinand II is concerned about the great amount of wealth the French Nation will get from the Conquest of Africa and the once Hapsburg Nation of Spain.

He calls for an international conference, to discuss these European Matters...(on MSN everyone duh)

Thank you
                            Last edited by Soundwave; April 12, 2002, 21:26.

Comment

I suggest the international conference is held in this forum, as i dont use MSN.
                              If you want to discuss topics on History, with an emphasis on the military aspect.
                              Visit: http://www.historic-battles.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X