History PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I guess I can just post this publicly:

If the German player has, infact, been cheating (via hex editing the save or whatever - and I hope he has not - I trust he will explain this and the game will continue) then we have a problem. If no satisfactory explanation is given, the game in not over, we just have no choice but to fairly partision Germany through the League of Nations and execute a plan to remove the Germans from the game. Perhaps the CivCity utillity could be use on the save to redistribute German cities? This would prevent us from even needing to fight it out.

Comment

• This really is strange Let Scott get back to us and then we'll see what we have to do.

I don't think we need to partition Germany, just get a new player if this is true. Also if we did, it would be easy enough through playing Mulitplayer at the same time as the German player ie Germany and France online trade cities.

I hope it isn't needed...
      Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

• So far in the elections for Secretary-General of the League of Nations:

The ANZAC: 1 vote
        Jacobite1688: 1 vote

UK: The ANZAC
        Russia: Jacobite1688
        France: na
        Italy: na
        Austria-Hungary: na
        Germany: na
        Ottoman Empire: na
        Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

• Hmmm....

BTW no conficence vote hasn't been given yet, so hold your horse's anzac... please
          Last edited by Soundwave; June 5, 2002, 23:51.
          "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

• According to ANZAC all a new election takes is a proposal and a confirmation. He proposed, and I confirmed, so I thought that a new election would come now, not a vote on whether we will elect.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

• Not again...

Scott, please, your explanations???

I'm not accusing you of something, BUT SAS noticed something weird!! So I'm quite willing to believe any sensible explanation, but this explanation seems to be needed...

And to the others: please, don't jump on him too early! Let Scott speak before talking about cheating, or dismembering Germany, or whatever!

I haven't got much experience in pbem, but it's not the first time someone is accused of cheating in one where I take part, and the last time... he was not guilty!!! As some of you surely remember...
              Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
              Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
              POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
              LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

• I agree, Cyrion. I'm barely even paying attention to this until Scott gets a word in.
                Unbelievable!

Comment

• Fair enough, I did mention that I hope he will explain it all. Perhaps I am getting ahead. Its just even if the units were gifted from somebody else, another Civ would have VERY low numbers of units. We will see...

Comment

• In the Disraeli proposals that everyone agreed to, it says one motion and one supporting no confidence vote is enough to start elections, with a reason as well. I have looked on the internet to see how exactly it is done in parliamentary democracies, but I haven't been able to find anything about the UK as it has no constitution Can anyone tell me how the no confidence vote works in your country, expecially Britain.

When the election finishes, I'd like to try to make a workin constitution for the League.

Comment

• Sorry to take the fun out of the game, but if Scott have cheated i consider the game dead
                      If you want to discuss topics on History, with an emphasis on the military aspect.
                      Visit: http://www.historic-battles.com/

Comment

• Well I know Exile would like that.

I'm troubled since Scott F is in two other games I'm in, and if he did then they probably wouldn't want him there either.
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by sas
                          Sorry to take the fun out of the game, but if Scott have cheated i consider the game dead
                          We are getting ahead of ourselves. But If the game continues (as it should - no matter what ) the new S.G. will be responsible for drawing up a constitution for the League of Nations. How no confedence votes work in the U.K. is irrelavent becasue our nations agreed to the Disraeli proposal which said (AFAIK) that elections can be called by two people expressing dissatisfaction.
                          That has happened. I'll add my voice as well, so that is three.

As I said, even if Germany has to be removed from the game, we should continue. Sas, there were historical situations simmilar to what may have happened / may yet happen here. It may make the game MORE interesting. We will see.

Comment

• sas: It doesn't have to be dead. And we are jumping the gun a little

Jacobite: you are right with the point abou the Disraeli proposal. But I am just thinking that it coul dbe taken advantage of and not used fairly, so I wanted to see what other things are out there.

If I do get elected, though, I am going to rework completely a constitution and reform the current League; as of right now the League doe not have much power or authority.

BTW anymore votes? I don't want to have to round you guys up

Comment

• I guess I'll throw in a vote for ANZAC, so I don't have to get bugged about this later. Note that this is the Ottoman Empire's vote, not the vote of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. That I assume will be cast by Soundwave.
                              Unbelievable!

Comment

• France's votes goes to it's British Friend ANZAC.
                                If you want to discuss topics on History, with an emphasis on the military aspect.
                                Visit: http://www.historic-battles.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X