X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaans!!! Where are you?

Should I skip him and move right on?

Comment

• No, the AI would conduct futile suicide attacks with all of his infantry units (something like two hundred infantry or reservists) and utterly destroy his position in the game. We'll pretty much have to wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott F
        No, the AI would conduct futile suicide attacks with all of his infantry units (something like two hundred infantry or reservists) and utterly destroy his position in the game.
        And this isn't to be desired because......?

Comment

No, the AI would conduct futile suicide attacks with all of his infantry units (something like two hundred infantry or reservists) and utterly destroy his position in the game. We'll pretty much have to wait.
          My point exactly.

Comment

• And this isn't to be desired because......?
            AND

My point exactly.
            I guess they missed our totally biased humor...

Anyway, if Hansy ever shows up again howzabout we either drop all passwords, or share them with our allies so we don't have to mess with something like this, and set a maximum wait time of like 3- 5 days....

....that is if he ever shows up again

Comment

• how about no-one vanishes again If you know that you're going to be absent, do what I did and delegate your turn to an ally
              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

• Ahhh! As they say in French, "Brilliant!", also in English

Comment

• Apparently Hans is being held up by a technical glitch. He recently installed Windows XP, and apparently it hates everything to do with DOS (including my batch file to set up the various files). Does anyone know how to get those batch files to work under Windows XP?

Hans sent me his password. In turn, I sent him the files already set up so he didn't need the batch file. He didn't say whether he'll play his turn or not now (I am assuming that he will), so we'll wait a day or so for him to play.

Comment

• Windows XP is missing the choice.com file which makes choice-style operations for batch files a possibility. I would post it here but no telling what M$ will do to me. It is however, easily locateable on a p2p service such as Kazaa.

Comment

• Is adding choice.com the only thing that you need to do in order to make batch files work properly? Are there any settings or command lines that need to be changed?

And since we are all tired of waiting on Hans, I did his turn. All is quiet on the American front.

Here is the file. For some reason my internet connection doesn't like Apolyton and won't let me upload it as an attachment. I don't have a lot of net space left, so I will be deleting this file after the next person posts their turn.

Comment

ADoes anyone know how to get those batch files to work under Windows XP?
                        Why doesn't he just manually rename the files and drag the saved game onto delevent.exe?
                        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

• How should I know? Ask him that.

Comment

How should I know? Ask him that.
                            I will when he turns up

Comment

• The Times, November 1914 Issue

Tientsin Bombarded!
                              Tientsin (from our correspondants).- Royal Navy reports from the Bombard of Tientsin have reported that the Royal Navy's Pacific Squadron opened fire on troop positions in and around Tientsin. The nature and surprise of the attack caused the defenders to rout immediatelly and all in all two to three Hun regiments were reportedly destroyed by British shore bombardments.

Royal Air Force Formed
                              London.- The King presented to General Vandeleur the command of the newly formed Royal Air Force. The RAF (as it is not called by the troops affectionatelly) was ordered to form by the King himself in order to repel the German airships, as well as to patrol the English Channel and North Sea for German shipping that may be hostile to Britain. All in all, Britain can no claim the skies with several squadrons of fighter planes that are already in the air protecting Britain from the evil Hun!
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Richmond Times-Dispatch

Confederate Citizens Seek to Subvert Yankee Yoke

Confederate patriots in the occupied territories are resorting to a variety of methods to resist Yankee tyranny. Outside of refusal to follow outlandish Yankee demands, word reaches us that in occupied Kentucky, patriots have widely circulated posters denouncing Yankee imperialism, right under their own noses. US forces claim to have broken up associations loyal to the CSA, but our blood is doubtlessly too strong to suffer from such minor setbacks, and all loyal Confederate citizens are doing their best to undermine Yankee occupation, while they await the inevitable liberation of their lands.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X