No announcement yet.

World War One PBEM Playtest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russia invites The United states of America to an alliance against The german empire and the Austro-Hungarian empire, for a price if USA desires
    The Magnanimous AMERICAN EMPIRE has no interest in participate in these stupid and childish pan-european wars were powerful empires fight for a piece of land smaller than the state of Delaware.
    Go on with your carnage, old europe fellas! we have more important things to do (like conquer Mexico)
    South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
    Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

We assume that the AMERICAN EMPIRE is just scared to join this so called "childish" war?
      "[A thoughtful Quote]" -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Ok will do my turn in a few minutes I hope I can safely navigate through the jungle of all the updates and end with the right version

Oh and how about The United states of America join an alliance against The Entente and the backward and desolate Russians for a price if USA desires

Oh and about the Entente in Wien, Berlin, Ankara Good joke

"Austrian soldier to his mum: Could you plz show me the way to Paris?"
        Mum: No problem son, just follow the mass of Frenchies running back you can't miss it
        Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

Aaand here's my turn. Wow a long time ago till I said this sentence the last tme

Emperor Galvy I. said:
          The Austrian army is regrouping after the savage and brutally attack of Russia. In this attack we see the true savage nature behind Russia. All Austria wanted was a compensation after the Serb (nothing more than Russian puppets) assassinated our heir to the thrown. We know this plot was covered and sanctioned by Serbia therefore we wanted to closer investigate the matter but then the whole conspiracy revealed:

Not only Serbia but also the UK, France and Russia stand behind the assassination and they only waited for the right moment to strike into Austrian heartland and dismantle our glorious nation.

We call to all noble Nations in Europe to bind together and battle these conspirators. We fight for our survival, nothing else we are threatened in our existence and we will fight back with everything we have in our arsenal to defend the honour and integrity of our nation.

"Austrians, Italians, Hungarians and Slaws in our country, raise to arms and defend your homecountry against foreign invaders trying to destroy everything in which you believe. Austria will stand as one Nation with one language and one common goal.

Austria to arms!!!
          Attached Files
          Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

ehhh.....

Galvatron, download the new events file specialized for PBEM play.

It will be no problem for the rest of us as i will clear the events of your savegame and post my turn as normal, so my save game wll have the right events in it.
            "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
            Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Sorry Galv, it is Stalin's mistake after all.

Not a mistake really since it can easily be corrected.
              Turn coming up in a few minutes.
              "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

What did I do wrong?

Comment

I downloaded the new events file?

Comment

As Pericles had problems logging in to this site he asked me to post his german turn.

@ Galvatron:
                    BTW i have gifted 5 units to Austria.This had a result that the Austrians acquire the "German Empire" tech via a breakthrough(it happens some times when a civ gives units to another) and can now build German infantry. I think that is not right for them to build these, so inform Galvatron that he may not build any of these German units and only use the ones i will give him as gifts.

GERMAN TURN OCTOBER 1914

In a series of well planed offensives the German army has penetrated as far as the outskirts of Le Havre.
                    The allied armies fought bravely but were no match for Germany's well drilled and trained men. Casualities were high.

On 06.00 hours on Octomber the 24th the city of Verdun fell. After resisting some initial bombardment, the french defenders succumbed to a bayonet attack by the infantry. More than 40.000 men(2 divisions) passed captive into German hands.

Allied defensive positions were attacked all over the western front, as reinforcements continued to be transferred from the rear.

On the Ostfront a Zepellin squadron bombarded some Russian possitions to the north of Warsaw. Emperor Pericles could not be left unmoved by Austria's plight. 5 infantry divisions were released and sent immediately to Austria-Hungary's defence, along with a shipwright comitee that gave Austrian engineers mastery over the new drednaught class ship. This was deemed essential as Italy's entry to the war and her large battle fleet seems imminent.

A full scientific delegation reached Constantinople on the 29th of October providing Turkish scientists with the plans of Zeppelin construction and instructed Goverment officials on new ways to improve the collapsing Ottoman economy by the utilisation of fertilizers and the introduction of regional trade.

OTTOMAN TURN OCTOBER 1914

Reinforcements sent to Jerusalem to secure the Suez Channel. Troops marched into Serbia from Sofia.
                    Attached Files

Comment

About the problem i mentioned:

In the save game i downloaded negotiations were not permited.So i deducted that Galv didn't replace his events.

But then i downloaded Stalin's turn and the problem was there too.
                      Stalin you may have downloaded the new events, but have you deleted the old ones? And of course renamed the pbemevents.txt to events.txt

BTW Stephan thanks for posting my turn.

Comment

Pahh.....
                        Foolish me.
                        I just noticed that Stalin posted his turn BEFORE Jim posted the new events.So he has propably done everything right except from being hasty.

No big deal anyway, i have used DELEVENT on the save and now the pbem events are saved in it.

Comment

Im sorry, i didnt know he would be posting a pbem events...

Comment

Bad news guys...

After playing some turns in singleplayer i found a number of "unpleasant" characteristics in the scenario... i don´t feel comfortable with the situation

1) I can´t build engineers... how will I improve my infraestructure without engineers? i can´t biuld irrigation, farms or roads...
                            2) No freigths... no commerce in this game? the war bonds aren´t enough
                            3) 20 shields per row in the production box!! building new units takes too much time!!! it should be 10 or 12 in my opinion
                            4) Support vs. Production situation...
                            In many cities the situations looks like this:
                            15 support vs. 1 production shield

Nothing personal against you Stephan, but i feel very uncomfortable with the current design of the scenario...
                            I´m considering not playing my turn... sorry, i think i´ll quit.
                            South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
                            Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

Its your choise
                              We need someone now....

Comment

Originally posted by academia
                                1) I can´t build engineers... how will I improve my infraestructure without engineers? i can´t biuld irrigation, farms or roads...
                                It is supposed to be a WW1 scenario.Although admitedly existing farms and roads should be more.

2) No freigths... no commerce in this game? the war bonds aren´t enough
                                Agree on that one. I think the swiss army thing is an excess.
                                Replace with a trade unit. As for Switzerland just place a fortress on the central rivered mountain tile with three infantry units on it.

3) 20 shields per row in the production box!! building new units takes too much time!!! it should be 10 or 12 in my opinion
                                Yes....perhaps the costs of american units is too much.
                                For some artillerys too.

4) Support vs. Production situation...
                                In many cities the situations looks like this:
                                15 support vs. 1 production shield

Well it is a democracy......

Comment

Working...
                                X