Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilat
    replied
    When it was my turn I was hasty and I did two VERY big mistakes and no replaying was allowed so I just played a turn that wasnt the best I could give (the mistakes were army positions)

Leave a comment:

• Palaiologos
    replied
    We are indomitable!

The RN lost 7 large ships(they were already damaged though) and 2 destroyers in that kriegsmarine's suicidal(or not-he, he) attack.

A great fleet you said, heh?

I always wondered about those French ships..

Leave a comment:

• FiGu
    replied
    Damn, Germans, why do you always have to make suprise attacks, well.. doesn't matter, i got another Reserves aswell in UK, and another Great Fleet

Leave a comment:

• Palaiologos
    replied
    The last hurah of the Kriegsmarine....

Upon hearing the news of the destruction of the war fleet at the naval battle of Antwerp, the commanders of the two remaining ships of the western fleet,rear admiral Theodor Weiss commanding "Prince Eugene" and Heinz Lutcke commanding the old warship "Moltke" decided to save the honour of the kriegsmarine.

Guns blazing, they broke out the harbour of Le havre sinking the destroyers "Palestine" and "Queen Elizabeth" with their whole crew.

Their engines at full speed they headed for the Belgian coasts where the RN was still operating against Antwerpen.
    The first to make contact with the RN was the "Prince Eugene" which encountered HMS "Prince of Wales". The british commander was tottaly surprised and failed even to turn his ship about to face the fury of Weiss's ship. It was sunk with the first salvo. Despite engine failures, and having lost the element of surprise the "Prince Eugene" encountered HMSs "Victoria" and "King George". The British overconfident in their numerical superiority were overpowered by the success of "Prince Eugene" guns. "Victoria" was sunk outright while "King George" was scuttled by its own men to avoid capture by the enemy.

Following behing the "Prince Eugene" was the slower and heavier "Moltke". Spurred on by a feeling of hopelessnes(they were attacking the whole of the RN!) and exhibiting apathy for their own luck they finally encountered a squadron of British ships namely the HMSs "Odurman", "Agincourt", "Cromwell" and "India", just returning from the bombardment of Antwerpen.
    Undaunted by the enemy host, commander Lutcke, to the finest traditions of the German navy, charged in the middle of their formation. With the first salvo "Agincourt" was severly damaged and withdrew(later scuttled by her crew).The ineffectiveness of British fire soon begun to tell as both "Odurman" and "India" succumbed to Moltke's 18inch guns. Loosing heart at the loss of three battleships to a single german, the commander of "Cromwell" attempted to withdraw, but he was overrun by the jubilant germans.

News of the dramatic heroism of the German naval commanders were received with mixed feelings by the General staff.

Eastern Prussia: In a splendid manouever the Imperial German army annihilated 5 Russian divisions effectively ending the siege of Koenigsburg. Things are still tough there though.

Italian front: General Ludwig has given orders for the 3rd and 7th Bavarian light infantry divisions to cross the alps and teach those insolent italians a lessons.
    Already Zeppelins assigned to the German garisson of Munich have bombarded italian army possitions.
    The Ober Kommand is thinking of creating a seperate arm, namely the "Airforce".

Unfortunately offers of troops to the Austrian goverment were turned down as national pride preceded national interest(Damn AI!).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Palaiologos; September 12, 2003, 18:33.

Leave a comment:

• Nilat
    replied
    Galvatron, I kill 3-4 German army units every turn and the german army is the best and the Russian army is the crappiest! 3 italian soldiers isnt so big...

One thing Galvatron, I suggest you will not celebrate, cause you cant survive without Germany and Germany is very Busy now And you might think why am I not attacking alot: Its because I have a plan and I dont replay my turns like someone here

Leave a comment:

• Galvatron
    replied
    AUSTRIA STRIKES BACK

Today our glorious army strike back against all enemies of the Empire. Our famous and well trained "Kaiserjäger"Division attacked and annihilated 3 (in words: THREE) div's from the treacherous Italians. Given the starting amount of the Italians we assume that should our success continues (and we are sure it will) the Italian army will be destroyed in one year

You should have waited more years before you throw an untrained and unprepared country against the well trained and prepared forces of A-H. See you in Rome Italy for breakfast and Russia for lunch

Oh and yes our ever prepared forces found Russian crap soldiers trying to sneak behind our lines and attack Hungary but now they are no more. Our border guards are always ready and prepared. Do your forces a favour and stop this senseless slaughter of your men, the women of this guys will be very thankful

Austria is on the road again, wohooo
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jim panse
    replied
    Thanks for that feedback!

Leave a comment:

• Nilat
    replied
    And I agree with Palaiologos with the 3.7 field gun thing.
    MG positions are too cheap!

Leave a comment:

• Nilat
    replied
    Originally posted by Palaiologos
    If the Russians were men enough to atack Koenigsburg itself they wouldn't be talking about light casualities.

Do i take it that the German army and 3.7 field gun are the units south of Warsaw?

Now i am pretty sure that a German infantry defending a stream is quite indomitable.You must have lost at least 3-4 units yourself in the proccess.

Propaganda revealed!

P.S BTw i would suggest to the allied General staffs that they start bragging when they ACTUALLY capture a city.
    The german army unit and the 3.7 field gun (south of Warsaw) were killed without casualties! I had artillery in Warsaw.

I have been VERY lucky in two PBEMs now:

This PBEM, cause I have killed units without heavy casualties (And Im not reloading my turns!)

And 2194 days of war at CDG, cause I keep on finding U-boats

Leave a comment:

• jim panse
    replied
    Thank you for those comments, Pericles. I will take some notes for the next version!

Leave a comment:

• Palaiologos
    replied
    We are still allowed to comment on the scenario, right?

More proposals: The 3.7 inch gun is worthless.It is suited neither for attack nor defence. If you meant it as a tactical support artillery that would kill infantry in tactical situations(i.e not in cities) then raise its HPs by 2(at least) and its attack.

If this is not what you meant it for, then i suggest you ditch it. Replace with either Austrian or Italian cavalry.

That brings us to another point. Cavalries in the scenario are quite impotent(as they were in real WW1).Now i say you give them the 2 space visibility flag to better suit the reckon role they eventually degenerated into.

Moreover the Submarine warfare is not simulated well enough. Not only the Germans do not start with any subs whatsoever(i guess the allies too) but the ones they can build are crap. A coastal submarine unit is not really needed(it can barely win a fight against destroyers) plus a generic sub unit could easily count for both types(High seas and Coastal).

Also the Sub hunter unit is not something people would regulary build.The destroyer is twice as good and they fullfill the same role.

Leave a comment:

• Palaiologos
    replied
    If the Russians were men enough to atack Koenigsburg itself they wouldn't be talking about light casualities.

Do i take it that the German army and 3.7 field gun are the units south of Warsaw?

Now i am pretty sure that a German infantry defending a stream is quite indomitable.You must have lost at least 3-4 units yourself in the proccess.

Propaganda revealed!

P.S BTw i would suggest to the allied General staffs that they start bragging when they ACTUALLY capture a city.

Leave a comment:

• Nilat
    replied
    War against Germany

The russian army has killed 3 german army units around Königsberg. One german army unit and one 3.7 Field gun unit.
    We are closing up on Königsberg quickly!

War against Austria-Hungary

The third Austrian army unit has been killed in this war! All three have been annihilated by russian forces! (the 2 in the first turn and one in this turn) Austrian Artillery disabled near Lemberg.

War against the Ottomans

The first ottoman troops land troops have been destroyed in this war! (3.7 Field gun) Its the beginning of the end of the ottomans

Russian casualties have been very low! The germans have the most BWAAAHAHAHHAHA

P.S Happy new year!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Nilat
    replied
    You right that there is no Russian navy, and soon there wont be any German navy

Leave a comment:

• Palaiologos
    replied
    Originally posted by Stalin II
    And when you attacked england navy, FiGu had hided his navy and then I attacked your navy by suprise and attacked the cities!

Good work my mighty ally!

?

Last time i checked the Russian navy was wiped out, the RN crippled and no German cities were captured.

On the other hand: Le havre and Verdun have been taken, London and Leicester raided and German forces have penetrated deep into French territory.

We have even kicked your ass in Africa as the colonial British forces are in full retreat.

Not to mention the capture of Skopje by our Ottoman allies.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X