No announcement yet.

World War One PBEM Playtest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Russian army has captured Bucuresti with small Casualties! Now Russia can help the Serbs against the Ottomans!

Three german units were annihilated east and north of Königsberg.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

(its december now)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nilat; August 30, 2003, 06:02.
    "[A thoughtful Quote]" -Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Bump

Comment

• Aaand here I'm.

Jim I think you should increase the stats of the Austrians in comparison to the Russians. I think the equipment and training of the Austrians were faaar better than that of the Russians.

Have a look at yourself:
        Even 4 Austrian-Inf can't beat ONE russian inf. I mean it's unrealistic for an Army to withstand an onslaught of FOUR. Furthermore even Artillery is useless against the Inf. An attack of three Artilleries just get the Russian inf to the beginning of Yellow.

On with the propaganda:
        The Austrians entrench themselve in awaiting of the russian juggernaut BUT we will prevail and stop them, afterwards we will push them back to Moscow. Austrian women will receive postcards from their men from Moscow not latter than the end of the next year, this is a promise from the Emperor of all Emperors, Kaiser Galvy I.

Oh and finally the Austrian Royal family wish all Monarchs a merry Christmas, even the Anarchistic Republic’s of France and US
        Attached Files
        Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patient English
          Is this game still progressing? I am doing a WW1 scenario myself at the moment, and would be interested in seeing how this one pans out....
          John

When did you start this one? I thought Colonies IV was your "last" effort...........
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Galvatron, If my units are on a mountain spot it is nearly impossible to destroy me cause 150% defence!
            And I have most of my units on mountains!
            And the russian army is so crap so dont complain

Comment

• BUMP

Comment

• Palaiologos is away again

Comment

• Dudes i am back.

Turn coming up in a few minutes as i am watching Armenia vs Greece on T.V.
                  "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                  Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• Casualities on the West front have been horendous.

The flower of German youth has perished on the battlefields of France. Despite that considerable gains have been made.

Attack on Nantes heights failed.

Unhonorable hit and run tactics have been adopted by the Kriegsmarine, to the dismay of German naval commanders. At the same time coastal cities are frantically garissoned.

Savage fighting on the Ost front with the Russians being repulsed from koenigsburg.

NOTE TO ALL:
                    Dudes, the loss rate of the German army has been very high. Nevertheless i neither reloaded or restarted as agreed. Hope you are doing the same.

P.S Yup i was the Greek poster of Academia's basketball thread.

P.S2 Armenia-Greece: 0-1

Ha!

P.S3 Sorry for the delay.
                    Attached Files
                    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• Nothing much happened this time (´cept for being out way too late yestereve )
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Galvatron
                        Aaand here I'm.

Jim I think you should increase the stats of the Austrians in comparison to the Russians. I think the equipment and training of the Austrians were faaar better than that of the Russians.

Mmmm...

They both had bad quality troops. The Austrians even got defeated by the Serbs.

The russians on the other hand were quite successfull(at first at least) on invading Austrian-held Silesia.

Have a look at yourself:
                        Even 4 Austrian-Inf can't beat ONE russian inf. I mean it's unrealistic for an Army to withstand an onslaught of FOUR.
                        At Thermopylae 7.000 held on against 200.000. They eventually lost though.

And at Gaugamela 35.000 defeated 1.000.000(or so sources claim).

And WW1 was the apotheosis of defensive warfare.

Dude see it as in real life.No commander would simply launch infantry waves on entrenched infantry without prior artillery bombardment.

On the other hand an "army"(division?) unit in the scenario is considered to have some brigades of artillery and engineers attached.

Perhaps if all infantry units had their attack increased by one.....

You see in normal civ2 almost all land units have higher attack than defence cause there are many bonuses to defending(terrain, fortify, walls, veterancy etc) while attack only gets the veterancy.

Furthermore even Artillery is useless against the Inf. An attack of three Artilleries just get the Russian inf to the beginning of Yellow.
                        Actually artillery results are pretty random(due the few HP artys have).I have defeated MGs on trenches and lost from infantry on open ground.

Okay i know that bombardment results are unpredictable, but civ2 artillery doesn't actually "bombard" but rather "assaults".
                        Perhaps if artys had more HPs but less defence.

Comment

• No news...
                          Attached Files
                          South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
                          Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

• THE BERLINER

In response to allied propaganda the General staff has released today the official casualties' figures for both Allied and German armed forces.

German Imperial army: 150.002 KIA (141.323 men, 8.679 officers), 321.449 WIA(300.338 men, 21.111 officers) 29.995 MIA(28.900 men, 1.095 officers)

Great Britain: 83.000 KIA(estimated), 120.256 POWs(101.035 men, 19.221 officers)

France: 53.000 KIA(estimated), 71.248 POWs(59.238 men, 11.010 officers)

Russia: 125.000 KIA(estimated), 189.923 POWs(153.567 men, 26.353 officers)

Colonial forces(Britain): 20.000 KIA(estimated), 55.234 POWs(53.200 men, 2.034 officers)

Austria: 12.222 KIA(10.121 men, 1.101 officers) 17.778 POWs(15.557 men, 2.221 officers)

Turkey*: 2.345 KIA(2.314 men, 31 officers) 207 POWs(199 men, 8 officers)

These casualities only apply for the land forces. The kriegsmarine has forfeited any figures for "operational purposes".

*German expeditionary force under Liman von Sanders.
                            Turkish army casualities are minimal.

Comment

• Entente Turn
                              MAJOR VICTORY FOR Royal Navy! The German fleet bayed at Antwerpen along with the Antwerpen Garrison is completly destroyed! Le Havre Bombarded also by Navy Units. Hamburg Garrison Completly destroyed!
                              French Forces made a major counter attack against the German Forces in the Northern France, which ended up in Numerous casaulties to the German forces!
                              Oh and London Recaptured. Vive la Allies!

Italian Turn
                              ITALY DECLARES WAR ON AUSTRIA, GERMANY AND THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE!

AUSTRIAN NAVY COMPLETLY DESTROYED!

Italian forces moves in the Alps to meet the Pitty Austrian resistance!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by FiGu; September 8, 2003, 10:47.
                              "This Nation has earned the right to Live." - Carl Gustav von Mannerheim

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
                              Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal

Comment

• LE HAVRE
                                Lies lies! German News papers lies!

German Casaulties 350.532 KIA (275.532 Soldiers, 75.000 Officers) 1.123.432 WIA (1023.432 Soldiers, 100.000 Officers) Estimated 2.500.000 Million German POWS

Oh and here's the Navy

Royal Navy
                                Numerous Dreadnoughts and Ship of Lines got destroyed, however, the backbone of the RN still exsists.

French Navy
                                None

Italian Navy
                                Damaged ships, but none destroyed

Russian Navy
                                Totally Destroyed.. Terminated

German Navy
                                Whole High Sea Fleet Destroyed

Austrian Navy
                                Whole Fleet Destroyed in a single attack.

Ottoman Navy
                                Unknown
                                Last edited by FiGu; September 8, 2003, 11:00.
                                "This Nation has earned the right to Live." - Carl Gustav von Mannerheim

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
                                Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal

Comment

Working...
                                X