StrategicKings Civ Puzzel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StrategicKings Civ Puzzel

For the last 2 months I have been adicted to this one style of game. I wanted to see exactly what I could acomplish in the perfect game.
    I built a board with a central cont. and islands of various sizes all around and stuck the AI on an island so they would not be a factor.
    You can build any wonder you want. Use the time machine in case of a mistake or bad move.
    The first turn, if you work the gold mine, because i altered starting techs you get 2 techs the turn after you build your first city instead of 1 (gold mine, city on a river).
    The goal of the game started out as simply just getting flight by 1000 bc and roading every square by 1000 bc.
    Now, I want to produce over 3000 beakers of tech at 1000 bc at 70% sci rate. and have all grassland and plain squares railroaded, build collus., mikes, cap.,newtons, bachs, darwins, cure for cancer, pyramids, hangings.
    Have 16 engineers and transports all around.
    also, tech wise, i want radio and amphibious warfare.
    To do this, you must have trade and mapmaking by 2700 bc. Then you must get a tech in 2650 and every turn there after till 1650 bc. In 1600 you must get 2 techs a turn the rest of the game , except the turn you build Darwins, you need to get 4 techs that turn.
    All the time building wonders, roads , new citys, vans or freight to fill up beakers. I doubt anybody here will try this test of growth tactics, further I challenge anyone to match my best game yet which Ill post.
    All by 1000 bc.
    Attached Files
    8 Time Game League Champion!
    Oh, Its True, Its Dang True!

This is the best game I have played, yet not perfect. Missed 6 squares of rails and only got 3 techs at darwins cause I was too lazy to load game , use cheat, give unlimited cash, build engineers in every city to see what city will produce last, then produce darwins in that city.
    Attached Files

Comment

well as long as you are having fun
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Gee... cheat mode and reloading... What ever happened to skill

I haven't reloaded since Civ I
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

hey ease up Ming

let him play civ his way for his enjoyment , just as you play it your way for your enjoyment.
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

if you´re looking for perfection, I suggest you to work through solo´s early landing guide in the strategy forum.
              maybe you can even offer your map for an official comparison game there.
              justice is might

Comment

I assume that reloading is not kosher in early landing games.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by StrategicKingMi
                  This is the best game I have played, yet not perfect. Missed 6 squares of rails and only got 3 techs at darwins cause I was too lazy to load game , use cheat, give unlimited cash, build engineers in every city to see what city will produce last, then produce darwins in that city.
                  I dont considder this cheating, the same thing can be done by just calculating the number of beakers each city produces to the number allready gained.

This is just the easy way out

Comment

Still one away cause Yanks depend on ex-tigers in critical rolls..........NOT GOOD FOR BUSINESS GEORGE!
                    I DID NOT USE CHEAT ON THIS GAME, I SAID "TIME mACHINE". tHAT IS TO SAY, SAVE THE GAME AT END OF EVERY TURN. WANT TO CHANGE SOMETHING, GO BACK IN TIME AND DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO IMPROVE THE GAME.
                    Fast to critize me ming, try to just get flight and roaded by 1000 bc, I doubt that you can do it in your first 10 trys, but it is skilless after all.
                    ( A puzzel has an answer, the fun is finding it)

Comment

Why did that .sav become a .net?

Are you doing this at 2x?
                      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

2x2x King I would imagine

Comment

2x2x I guess. getting flight in 1000BC would be impossible in 1x1x king. but how often did we say something is impossible?

and solo´s rules allow reloading in some specific situatuions. I´d say, as long as it´s not for manipulating hut´s outcome or other random events it´s ok in a single game.
                          justice is might

Comment

2x2x or 2x1x ?
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

This is the best game I have played, yet not perfect. Missed 6 squares of rails and only got 3 techs at darwins cause I was too lazy to load game , use cheat, give unlimited cash, build engineers in every city to see what city will produce last,
                              Why would you need to to this?

Again, since we now know the tech algorithm, you could use the algorithm to calculate how many beakers you need for the next tech.

Then it's not difficult to tally up the total beakers your civ produces, zeroing in on the city that will produce the beakers to put you over the top.

Are you techgifting to the AI? This will significantly reduce your carrying costs.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X