Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you've played civ too long when...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldman,

You can count on my vote in the great "You know you've played civ too long when... " Apolyton contest!

I wasn't a religious guy until now, but you showed me the light! You civilized me!

Sid Meier bless you!
    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

Comment

• ...when you start rewriting your sons christmas play:

Wicked Witch: Monitor, Monitor, on my Desk, Who is the fairest of them all?

Monitor: Why - Sid Meier is the fairest of them all

Wicked Witch: Hurray, now does anyone fancy a game of civ and an apple? just don't eat the red ones, they're a bit off...

"There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
      ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

Comment

• ...when you have bought every strategy guide, downloaded every unit, dled everymap, and printed every hints page.

...when you buy your family windows that they can sit behind and brick walls for behind them so your dinner looks like the annual council meeting.

...when you record all of the civII noises and play them on a continuous loop as you go to sleep.

...when you design every desktop icon after a unit in civII.

...when you eat mashed potatoes, you make them into the Great Wall and wonder why people are yelling at you.

:P
        This question i found it a gap in the sidewalk:

Keep the lights on so we can see the black cat changing colors, and we can walk under latters, and swim as the tide turns you around and around.

Comment

• ....When you wonder why Clinton got involved withb Monica when he has such a great looking foreign affairs advisor.

Comment

• ...When you get other games and never play them because every time you sit in front of the compute you're playing civ.

I've had Diablo for 6 weeks now and haven't loaded it yet.
            I've got it bad for civ.
            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

• ...when you're walking downtown and are stunned as you realize there are more than a few dozen faces in your city.

Comment

• ...you turn up to the quarterly board meeting wearing combat fatigues and demanding the MD builds more Barracks!!!
                "There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
                ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

Comment

• Ahhh, yes. Just had to keep this going. (What is the record for the longest thread, anyway?)

When you dream in grasslands and irrigated rivers.
                  When you block your neighbor's sidewalk, so he can't get to his house (city) or trim his hedges (farm his special) or save his house (palace) from his rambunctious kids (marauding barbs, civs, or cruel warlords).
                  When you scour the 'net looking for the "Gilligan" scenario.
                  When, after you don't find it, you create a "Gilligan" scenario--and you put the "Mary Ann" kingdom right next to yours. (Yes, my sweet, let King Gilligan trade fine techs with you.)
                  When you create your very own calendar, based on the course of "Civ II"--Before Writing(BW), After Gunpowder(AG), 200 moves until Christmas, the holidays of "We Celebrate the Consul" and "We Love the King," the Creation of the Universe at 4000bc, the "I've Got Howitzers!" day you take off from work, the end of the year at "AC Takeoff!"
                  When you have midi files of the Civ II music on your totally unrelated web site. (And no I don't.)
                  When you find a "Civilization II" textbook in a college classroom, and you thank Sid Meier for finally updating the manual.
                  When you cast your very own CIV II movie:
                  Jesse Ventura as the Military Advisor.
                  Anne Heche as the Science Advisor (of course she's in drag)
                  Matthew Broderick as the Trade Advisor.
                  Lucy Liu as the Foreign Advisor (ooh la,la!)
                  An overweight Robert De Niro as that Elvis guy. (Unh, huh, thank you very much)
                  Tyra Banks as the Zulu Warrior Queen
                  John Goodman as the Viking King
                  Renee O'Connor as the Celtic Queen
                  Jackie Chan as Mao Tse Tung
                  The Donald as the American Big Shot
                  A very made up Paul Reubens (Pee Wee Herman) as Gandhi
                  And last, but not least, Howie Long as . . .
                  THE BARBARIAN KING!

(Uggh! When you find you have time to make up a post like this!)

Comment

• Playing civ as the night rolls on... Discovered conscription, Leo's turns all my musketeers into riflemen. Those pesky mongols are threatening war... Again! When will they ever learn? Hit the end of turn...
                    What's this? The mongols and zulus are allied against me and a huge army of combined are laying siege to my outer cities! arghhh, what can I do? How did I miss that hut? hmmnn.. scrolls of ancient wisdom... STEALTH?!?!?! a few turns later, mongol cities lie in ruin, their armies are all but disbanded, and the zulus are asking for peace. heh, heh, heh, not unless you want to pay me richly. What is that beeping?

I lift my head from where it crashed against the keyboard. I don't have stealth, the mongols haven't invaded yet, but I can still teach them a lesson in manners. I'm a bit tired, but my little nap has recharged me for at least a handful of turns.

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...

Comment

• The Spartan Chronicle's thread went to 5 pages. I believe that that was the longest thread.
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• didn't the coffee shop get up to 20 pages before??

Comment

• they used to but doesn't Ming close em after 4 pages, or 200 posts.

.....When you become proud of having participated in a long thread.

Comment

• when you convince your friends to play

Comment

• ...when you find this thread and bump it again...

Sorry guys, couldn't resist bringing it back...

Comment

• Oh Nooo... the thread that kept me up nights thinking of what to post.... it's BACK!

...When other civ players say you're playing civ too much.
                                ...When you have dreams about going to work and commisioning some settlers to do your job, so you can play civ.
                                ...when there's a big tanker spill on the freeway, and you want to tell the fire department about Xin Yu's trick for 1 turn completion of jobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X