Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you've played civ too long when...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...when you spent all night awake thinking of what to post on this thread...

Comment

• When some of the 'random' maps look vaguely familiar.

Oh, something I wanted to test...

;)

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by SilverDragon on 11-06-2000 07:02 PM

;)

How strange.

Comment

• ...When the Civilization folder in my programs menu holds 7 items:

Civilization for windows
          Civnet
          Colonization
          Civ2
          Multiplayer Civ2 (Forget where I got this hack, but it Works!)
          Alpha Centauri Demo (don't ask why it's still there)
          Alpha Centauri

...when you have current games on all of them.
          Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
          ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

• Umm... you seem to be missing MoM...

*Puts MoM onto Father Beast's Civ folder*

------------------
            Webmaster of Shadowstrike's Civilization II Site
            Emperor of The Gamer's Abode Forums
            *grumbles about work*

Comment

• Master Of Magic? is that a civ game? I downloaded it but haven't unzipped it yet. been too busy playing civ (and working some 14 hour days).

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...

Comment

• Its kind of similar to Civ1, but more developed idea-wise... it has a fantasy theme... but the ideas are real good.
                *grumbles about work*

Comment

• When you rush-build a Diplo hoping you make the right choice sending it to appropriate capital of the new civs of Shrubbery or Boredom.

Comment

• When you start living in barracks to decrease your sleeping time...

When you wonder why the americans got republicans and democrats, but no anarchists, monarchists, fundamentalists and communists in their votes.

And at last: When your forum name is Pol Pot :-))

Can anybody tell me how to add smileys to the text?
                    Alles ist möglich! Nichts wird uns aufhalten!
                    Solidarität mit Island!

Join the Þ ß ð ä ö ü õ - Front!

Comment

• ... when you notice that several days worth of posts are missing from a thread.

What happened to 11/11 through today?
                      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• ... when you notice that several days worth of posts are missing from a thread.

What happened to 11/11 through today?
                        Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• Ok, you got me going, shadowstrike!

...When the Civilization folder in my programs menu holds 8 items:

Civilization for windows
                          Civnet
                          Colonization
                          Civ2
                          Multiplayer Civ2 (Forget where I got this hack, but it Works!)
                          Alpha Centauri Demo (don't ask why it's still there)
                          Alpha Centauri
                          Master Of Magic

Comment

• ...When You put Test of Time under the tree for yourself, just in case nobody else gets it for you.

Hey, I couldn't resist! it was only 7.84 at walmart.

...When you play ToT and actually miss the high council, wonder movies, and city view. I actually spent 15 minutes in my first city screen looking for the view button.

...when the Civilization folder in the programs menu holds the following:

Civilization for windows
                            Civnet
                            Civ2
                            Multiplayer civ2
                            Alpha Centauri Demo
                            Alpha Centauri
                            Test Of Time
                            Master Of Magic
                            Colonization
                            Rise and Rule of Ancient Empires

...When civ games are the only ones which get a "full install".
                            ...when you're too busy playing civ to visit apolyton.

OMG, all of the above is TRUE!!!!

Comment

• I mean, seriously, I haven't been here in over a week!

Comment

• when your local rabbi offers a course on mysticism and you think "great, now we can build the oracle"
                                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X