Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you've played civ too long when...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...when you're only going to college in order to get one of those free high speed connections.

suas of the O.W.L Alliance

Comment

• Now let's see how many of my own entries I can recall from the previous thread that so sadly crashed six months ago:

...when you find yourself mumbling hrmpf...tsk...pff... in a Military Advisor-kind of way during staff meetings

...when you drive off the road during a storm and wait by the road side for a year before driving on

...when you shut the door in the face of the encyclopedia salesman and at the same time say We have no need for your useless maps!

...when you consider teaching your mother-in-law the fine art of pottery in order to improve family relations

...when your body turns grey when you go to sleep

Comment

• ...when you snore in your sleep "Alexander will rise again!"
        ...when you sing drunken songs during staff meetings
        ...when you insist to your boss that your company needs to discorver espionage
        ...when you try to build a road on the ocean (you can really do this in Civ 1)
        ...when you impersonate Elvis to hold a WLTxD
        ...when you forget what Civ2 is
        *grumbles about work*

Comment

• you get a job just to be able to post your new "you know you've played civ too long when" idea
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• ...your friends are pissed off at you, so you rush off to buy a temple

Comment

• When you burst spontaneously into the old refrain from Old MacDonald Had a Farm singing:

With an AI here and an AI there
              AI, AI everywhere
              Old Sid Meier had a game
              AI, AI, O.

Comment

• ...when you go to the opening of a new bank in your neighbourhood, just to hear that cool ka-chingg sound

...when you irrigate your backyard to prepare for a family visit of 4 people, staying for a week

...when you could have told the leaders of North Korea long ago they'd never get far by researching Rocketry and Mobile Warfare instead of Democracy and Refrigeration

...when you start a petition for United Parcel Service to sponsor 12 freights so we could discover the cure for cancer

...when you kidnap your local Hells Angels president to get your hands on the 150 gold ransom

Comment

• ...when you go to the ATM and demand tribute for your patience
                  ...when you write letters to the government telling them to increase the luxury rate
                  ...when you actively consider buying Civ 2 boxes as wallpaper
                  ...when you reincarnate this thread when it reaches the maximum
                  *grumbles about work*

Comment

• Hey guys, i don't think i'm addicted to civ 2 anymore!!!!!!!!! I was playing occ last night it got to 2:30 and i turned my pc off, i'd just invented flight, i estimate another 60 turns would have done it!! but i turned it off?!?!

ok, i couldn't sleep all night for thinking about how i can shave a year or 2 off my landing date...
                    "There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
                    ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

Comment

• ok, ok!!!

...when you're in denial!!!!!

Comment

• -When you think: What do Howitzers have to ignore since there are no city walls?-

Comment

• ... it's 1 o'clock a.m. and watching your sleeping girlfriend you know that in stead playing Civ you could have great sex this night, but you're not sorry for this and while thinking "Just one more turn" you press ENTER.

... it's 2 o'clock a.m. and you're counting: "I have 4,5 hours left to sleep before I go to work. 4 are enough for me. One more turn..."

... it's 3 o'clock a.m. "Why did those bastards attack me right now?! Just one more turn to make sure everything is OK"

... it's 4 o'clock a.m. and you go to bed and swear for yourself: "Tomorrow I will erase Civ2 from my HDD!" But you never do this, because you're addicted
                          "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                          --George Bernard Shaw
                          A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                          --Woody Allen

Comment

• ... when it's so hot in your apartmant that civ2 crashes after 5 minutes, and you play anyway, saving a lot.
                            ...when you find yourself getting up at 4 AM to play civ because it doesn't crash at that time.
                            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

• ...when each night you pray:

Sid Meyer who art from Microprose, Hallowed be thy name.

Thy Civilization comes. Thy will be done on Mac, as it is on PC.

Give us this day our one more turn.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive whose who trespass against us.

And lead us not into False Treaties, but deliver us from War: For thine is the Civilization, and the keyboard, and the mouse, for ever. Amen.

[This message has been edited by Oldman (edited August 08, 2000).]

Comment

• ...when you're wondering why doesn't the american goverment put the science rate at 10%, after all they have already discovered stealth?

...when you ask yourself why don't those "stupid" americans change to fundamentalism, if they already have invented (discovered) everything?

...when you watch the news and don't understand why aren't all the terrorist dressed in red and where are their cannons?

...when you don't understand why didn't you see until now any of those hundred years old "beads caravans", hanging around because nobody wants them anymore?

...when you start counting how many "We Love the ... " days did the Chinese and the Indians celebrate in this century that they grew so huge?

...when you enter in your hut, and then reload because you didn't find an ancient discovery or an advanced tribe

...when you are totally confused browsing the Internet, because you think: "There's no such discovery or wonder in Civ2. Is this real or am I just dreaming?"
                                "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                                --George Bernard Shaw
                                A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                                --Woody Allen

Comment

Working...
                                X