Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you've played civ too long when...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you've played civ too long when...

A minute of silence please.

Ok, now that that's over and done with, here it is again. The sequel. The sequel is always better, right? Well, now that we're back into business, let me see what I can remember of this thread.

...you can't belive why they don't transform Sahara into Plains.
    ...you think it's silly of America to keep their Nuclear Power Plants, when they have the Hoover Dam.
    ...more later...
    Lo there do I see my father
    Lo there do I see my mother
    and my sisters and my brothers
    Lo there do I see the line of my people
    back to the begining
    Lo they do call to me
    They bid me take my place among them
    in the Halls of Valhalla
    where the brave may live forever

Ok, let's see what more I can remember...

...you wonder why there was starvation in Egypt... after all, didn't they have the pyramids?
    ...you refer to your work colleagues as "enemy units".
    ...you wonder why there aren't more airports on hills.
    ...you wonder why Britain isn't as productive as they used to be. After all, hills never stop to produce shields, right?
    back to the begining
    Lo they do call to me
    in the Halls of Valhalla

Comment

...you try to walk across the country on railroad tracks because it doesn't take any time
      Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

When I browsed through the forums earlier today I actually saw that pages 2, 3, 4 and 6 of the original thread still existed. Just to be safe I saved those pages on my own computer; but maybe something can be done with those pages?

Comment

Frame them!

Comment

Excellent Paul!
            back to the begining
            Lo they do call to me
            in the Halls of Valhalla

Comment

Is there no back-up anywhere in the ACS system?

------------------
              finbar
              Mono Rules!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
              "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Nope, sorry, happened to my coffee shop too. Every other page is there except page one, and then you can't post replies to it anyway. We can only look in awe at it
                Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

My favorite from the thread that went before:

...you turn grey when you go to sleep.

------------------
                  Seagoon: "A navy, milord, is an army, entirely surrounded by water!"
                  -The Flea- [The Goon Show]
                  Seagoon: "A navy, milord, is an army, entirely surrounded by water!"
                  -The Flea- [The Goon Show]

Comment

(silence)

When you guess the specials around Los Angeles are fish, fish, oasis, oasis; irrigated, supermarket, harbor and still in a food deficit.

For the brits and their subsidiaries harbor may be spelt harbour.
                    Be the bid!

Comment

...when you build Woman's Sufferage in hopes you may someday get a girlfriend....to no avail

Comment

For you teachers out there:

When you come to class declaring "O most untrustworthy leader of the infidels" to the student that you caught cheating

Comment

I hope this thread catches on like the last one. I'm trying to give it a push...

...when you think the US should use more spies in the army to decrease civillian unrest...

Comment

You’ve fenced in your yard to keep out barbarians

You can’t understand why there are so many unhappy people in Memphis with all those Elvi running around

You believe in Evolution, but those creationists do have a point, the world did begin in 4000BC

Instead of asking your boss for your paycheck you “Demand tribute for my patience”

and FM Klesh LOL re the Big Dig (and what’s with all of the corruption in a Democracy?!?)

Comment

Yo Coug, I'm glad you re-started this thread.
                              ...when you wonder why every river doesn't have irrigation and railroads on it.
                              ...when you think the people in Kansas are missing out on the two free advances, because they teach creationism rather than Evolution.
                              ...when you think you should walk on hills rather than grassland because you can defend it better.
                              ...when you tell some one your words are backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!
                              ...You watch 'Saving Private Ryan' and notice that some sounds are taken from your favorite WWII scenarios...or is that the other way around?
                              ...when you keep checking the callendar thinking 'We only have 20 years left to get to AC!'
                              ...when you think clearcutting forest to boost population is a good thing.

And for my Massachusetts Civers...
                              ... when you think they should just huury up and finish the 'Big Dig' by using caravans and freight...

Comment

Working...
                              X