Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Civ2 work windowed on XP?

When the resolution is 1920x1200?
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Why not?
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

On the other hand, WHY??

How could you see anything??

I would be interested in hearing about your experiments playing Civ2 at that resolution on any OS. For example, it must be really hard to see if the grassland tile has a shield.

Even if your monitor supports such settings (mine does not), I seem to recall that the game is designed to be played at 800X600. It plays delightfully well at that setting on XP.

Monk
      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

I've played it at 1280x1024 in Win95. The city names on the map get hard to read… wish it were possible to change the font to a sans serif such as Verdana.

The only real issue is whether it plays at all in XP
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow

The only real issue is whether it plays at all in XP
          I've had no problems playing 2.42, FW and MGE in XP. All the problems are with XP itself - I wonder if Bill Gates would retire and give the job to Sid Meier.

RJM at Sleeper's
          Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Well, I guess I just have to install it to find out if it works or not. The problem is that I've got a laptop that's TFTs native resolution is 1920x1200 and using lower resolutions esults in blurry image. Because of this playing Civ3 is like seeing a movie without glasses.

I'll install it today and take a screenshot for you to see what it looks like. I hope it doesnt look like crap

- Paul Valery

Comment

It's worked for me on 95, 98, 2000 and XP
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I see...I'm curious about the resolution you used.
                I will install the game as soon as I get back home and we'll see how it works on very high resolutions

- Paul Valery

Comment

This is just great...I found my Civ2 scenarios and fantastic worlds cds but not the Civ2 cd itself...I must have lend it to someone

- Paul Valery

Comment

Ok got Civ2 multiplayer gold edition. It worked spendidly, here are the screens:

Last edited by laurentius; October 17, 2003, 15:05.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Are those screens from the WW79 scenario?
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

They are from slightly modified ww79 called ww81 scenario. I added more cities, changed names, balanced the gameplay and made EU very powerful

- Paul Valery

Comment

Working...
                        X