Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Science Succession ... Sticky Mice in Trouble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll let somebody else jump in—only 5 turns into my go at "storming the castle"
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Absolutely. Looks bizarre and out of my league, so definitely -- I'm in.

In Like Flint.

Straybow -- Those effing Aztecs sure picked some lousy geography, huh?
      Best of luck on the assault. Remember -- if you don't have enough troops available, just do what I did -- MARCH STUPIDLY FORWARD!!
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
        No science! And no funny city names or leader name...
        We have only 2 cities:
        please, rename them!
        (just having in mind that St Petersbourg used to be Leningrad not so long ago )

For the leader, I would very much enjoy having Einstein replacing Vladimir Illitch.
        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Zip file... if Jrabbit is next. If not... +1!!
          Attached Files
          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Great turns, guys - this looks like being a real b*tch.

SG[1]
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Sign me up. I'd love to help put the AI in its place...

Comment

Rabbit On The Case!

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
                Zip file... if Jrabbit is next. If not... +1!!
                Got it, sent it home, will play tonight if possible.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Order of Play

SG(2)
                  SG[1]
                  La Fayette
                  STYOM
                  -Jrabbit
                  DaveV
                  Straybow

The usual suspects

-----------------------------

SG(2)

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                    Order of Play

SG(2)
                    SG[1]
                    La Fayette
                    STYOM
                    -Jrabbit
                    DaveV
                    Straybow

The usual suspects

-----------------------------

SG(2)
                    I prefer to think of us as the Seven Samurai, if we're going by movie titles
                    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

@ STYOM - as I recall both casts had a similar survival rate!

SG[1]

Comment

Rabbit Poop

Well, not much happened -- quite a change from the space race.

I'm tired. So here's the save.
                        I'll post a brief history after a few hours of
                        Attached Files

Comment

Downloaded. I'll start playing at lunchtime today.

Comment

What is that in Rabbit Years?

OK, so it's 500 BC and the Lagomorphic Lenin takes the Despotic reins.

What have we here? Hmm. We have 405 GP and a 60-0-40 distribution of resources. We have, uh, three cities two of which are pretty darned distant from Moscow.

Explorers on the board, and much has already been learned. We're missing some key techs, but have three "in the white." Not bad for 0% Science.

That reminds the Rabbit of the Hut Problem. It seems the Scouser Hut Machine is incompatible with the Macintosh. -Jrabbit makes a note to upgrade all available "good luck" totems.

We see that Kiev and St. Pete are both building mucn-needed Settlers, while Moscow has just begun to build the Hanging Gardens. After some ruminations on the topic, the Despotic Rabbit figures "what the heck, let's see what happens" and makes no changes.

Last-ditch effort to command info yields a nearby-but-uncharted American city (36, 24 - river grass), and a likely Indian city at 26, 50 in the black. ENTER-->

475 BC -- Explorer finds Barcelona (size 1, no flag!). Decides not to break treaty by entering it, moving into the path of a Spanish catapult instead. Noble Horseman is trapped with back to the ocean by hordes of Indians, who refuse to negotiate with us.

450 BC -- Spanish cat kills Japanese Settler, allowing our Explorer to go south. Horseman sees much movement, but still cannot himself move... Roving Archer finds hut south of Sparta.

425 BC-- Explorer strays too near Edo, is withdrawn to Kiev Population = 100,000 Rooskies. Archer's Hut yields NONE Nomad!
                            Explorer now stuck in Kiev disbanded toward new Settler. City of Boston (3) revealed; Americans request our absence. St. Pete decides to build Phalanx.

400 BC -- Spanish start to build Colossus. Americans offer 50 GP to declare war on India. We scoff. Barbs reach Moscow. Ellie takes their horseman, makes veteran. Explorer finds Hut. (Who needs that silly, cheater Git program anyway? )

375 BC -- We fortify Legion outside Boston city limits.
                            Explorer enters thatched Hut, find secret to TRADE!!! St. Pete starts caravan. Explorer pops another Hut, finds Advanced Tribe (Minsk = size 1), rehomes.

350 BC -- Moscow chariot repels last Barb horsie. Minsk starts on Settler for possible resettlement. Explorer checks out the neighborhood.

325 BC -- US warrior surprise attacks our horseman, fortified on mountain. Horseman wins. Since we're now at war, our fortified legion takes out a wandering horseman.

300 BC -- Indans move capital to bombay. Trireme finds Hut near Minsk. Settler starts roadway between Kiev and St. Pete.

275 BC -- Barb ship spotted near hut. Trireme to Minsk to gather intrepid Explorer. NONE nomad starts mining, as shields Will Rule in this game. With nearby food, plan to start a lovely resort city at chokepoint south of Spanish empire.

250 BC -- Our horseman remains trapped between hordes of Indain troops and the sea. They appear to be sharing a flask and playing some poker.

225 BC -- explorer tips Hut, finds 50 GP. Barbs spotted near the Moscow metroplex.

200 BC -- I dunno, did I go that far? The notes stop here... I left some important decisions on Caravans, Settlers, et al. for the almighy DaveV.

Comment

Lucky rabbit finding Trade in your burrow Well done!

--------------------

SG(2)

Comment

Trade and Monarchy (or any other gov't) were my hoped-for hut results.
                                I guess when you carry four rabbit's feet, there are times when the gods do smile...

(Actually, I was more impressed by finding 4 huts without a CHEATER program.)

Comment

Working...
                                X