• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump!

Any takers?

Carolus

Comment

• Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

I'm obiwan18 because of my best friend when we tried to come up with good nicknames. He's 6'4'' so I suggested Yoda, and he thought Obiwan should go with Yoda, so I got my nickname.

18 has many permutations for my birthday.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Good bump.

Good read.

Good thing it’s Friday.

I feel that a good handle can do more than one job -- be identifiable, share some information, perhaps send a message. Although I’m not as senior as La Fayette, I seem to be a gamer with a history longer than most who post here. As far as the slow part, I’m rather patient -- I’ve just started MOO2 as of a couple of months ago (maybe four years old?) my two year old copy of SMAC has yet to be opened, and I picked up another copy of Civ II to get the version upgrade for my Classic 2.4.0 -- it came with something called Civ III.
        Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• Nice Thread

atawa is the name of an old D&D character's dog.

Comment

• Gym class my sophmore year of high school we were playing volleyball, and I have a distinct height advantage being 6 foot four inches. The guys on my team starting calling me High Tower, after the huge black guy in the Police Academy movies. I shortened it to H Tower for the internet

Comment

• Scouse: Noun
              1) Person from Liverpool
              2) Dialect spoken by such a person
              3) Stew made from leftover meat

Scouse: Adjective - Of or from Liverpool, which is to be the European Capital of Culture in 2008

Git: Look it up in your Dictionary. You'll find it between gist and gittern

-----------------------

SG(2)
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Well, since I was only about 4'10" going into HS, all my friends called me 'smurf' after the TV show. And my first name is Bob, so there you have it. '42' and the underscore were chosen in case there was another Bob Smurf somewhere on here. 42, of course, is the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

BB
                April City Planner in the 3rd Civ2 Democracy Game
                Read Sluggy Freelance! Watch Homestar Runner! Papa Smurf is a Communist!

Comment

• The other thread is somewhere deep in the Community Forum, I think.

My name is a play on words based on the Greek historian Strabo (who was prone to wild speculation). A "stray bow" would be a less dangerous form of a "loose cannon"

I signed up originally as "don Don," which is shortened from an old Cheech and Chong skit. But I really wanted something vaguely Greek because of the origin of this site. By the time I'd thought this one up I didn't want to give up my post count to switch (at the time there was no name change feature, added in 2000 or 2001).
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob_Smurf42
                    . 42, of course, is the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

BB
                    Yes 42 might be the answer to the ultimate question, but from memory the ultimate question is six multiplied by eight.

'Sorry for all the trouble'

My own handle comes from one of my favourite cartoons, Atomant. The other mused over handle was Secret Squirril.
                    "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                    "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

• I read the first page thru, and the second last post is by steward spink. I was bout to post a steward spink siting-post but then I noticed the date.

BTW on the first page there were 2 posters(derek and kwang) whose post were ignored, but my my ignore list is empty.
                      My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

• I experienced exactly the same thing. Check this out:

Carolus

Comment

• Nikolai is my name, obviously. I don't feel any need for a more "advanced" nickname than that.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                          X