AI Differences 2.42 v. MGE v. ToT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI Differences 2.42 v. MGE v. ToT

Could someone please explain to me the differences in the AI between Civ 2.42, MGE, and Test of Time ??

Which is the best and which is the worst? Are any of them really that much different?
    "The more things change the more they stay the same."

The main difference is simply in the aggressiveness - which goes in that order 2.42 < MGE < ToT.
    OCC is virtually impossible in ToT the AI is so nasty, but better - NO.

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I find that with all other factors being equal, the AI will tend to develop faster (expansionistic) in ToT than in the other versions.
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

No size 1 OCC possible in MGE either, since you can't retain alliances. Overall, I like MGE better, since you get a better challenge in scenarios, compared to 2.42.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

the ToT AI=Satan
          MGE=evil but very nice compared to ToT
          2.42-haven't played
          ffffffffffffffffffff

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
            I find that with all other factors being equal, the AI will tend to develop faster (expansionistic) in ToT than in the other versions.
            It looks that way to me too. But I wouldn't dare to make it a scientifical calling.
            BTW, I almost always choose the expansionist opponents, as they seem to be the tougher to beat, especially in gigaworlds handmade, with lot of resources and good terrain
            Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Working...
            X