No announcement yet.

New Political Party: One Israel!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll move you under POTUS, if that is what you wish. I hope you might still be interested in a front or some other position in our chosen land.
    David Disraeli
    Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

• I think I will be better off as a politican/minister rather than a front commander.
      "Peace cannot be kept by force.
      It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

• well do you want to be a minister then?

If so we cant move you TOO far down the list.
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• I know I know, but I dunno if I can be so active.. but I mean, it's not more than a move per week so I guess I shouldn't be moved down then

Comment

• Well we just need to know one way or the other.

We as a party of course would prefer to have mostly our party members as front commanders or ministers, BUT we will respect your wishes either way.

Just let us know one way or the other.

I dont see a huge influx of new active members so I cant see the game speeding up all that much right now.

And its a Demo game, its not suppossed to go fast, just slowly but surely move along
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• I don't see any general or minister playing more than once a week, particulary at our current pace.
              David Disraeli
              Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

• It begins. http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...85#post2634871

P.S. Steve, does your position as counter of votes mean you cannot still be the party hack and bad cop in what appears to be the debate thread?
                David Disraeli

Comment

• Originally posted by PinkyGen
                  It begins. http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...85#post2634871

P.S. Steve, does your position as counter of votes mean you cannot still be the party hack and bad cop in what appears to be the debate thread?
                  I play two roles, one as party hack where I can be just a major nuisance, and President where I have the interest of the nation as a whole at heart. Yes its rather schitzoid but what the hell I enjoy be a multi peronality mad man.

Comment

• Fellow members of One Israel,

I congradulate and thank you all for your diligence. It appears that we have swept these elections. Assuming the President's numbers are not challenged, One Israel won 61% of the popular vote. (8/13) I believe that since their are only five knesset seats, our taking of 6/10th's of the vote should entitle us to three of these seats, meaning we shall be able to govern with no coalition members. I would say more on this point, except that my math skills are not what they used to be, I don't fully recollect Yaroslav's addition system in the basic laws (makes me wish he was around still), and have had a bit too much Manichevitz.

Nevertheless, it appears as though the government will be ours to run by ourself. This is a great privilige, and denotes great power. But as the comic books tell us, with great power comes great responsibility. We should move immediatly to fill up cabinet posts with responsible people's, and ensure the army's ranks are well maintained.

1. If anyone wants to change their position in the government or in the army, (as Chief of Staff, not as a front commander), let me know.

2. If anyone in our party without a post wishes to seek one, let me know.

3. If people do not desire positions that reflect our new found strength, it may become necessary to bring in members of Centre still as Cabinet Ministers. Since Stalin has done a decent job at Immigration Minister, I only want to replace him with a One Israel minister only if all other minister positions are filled!! In short, this means I want One Israel to directly control the econ, army, and defense ministires, before we move into immigration.

I am sure there is more I am forgetting, and there is much work to do. But we achieved our goal. and the next six months will be crucial in the fate of our nation and of our party!
                    David Disraeli

Comment

• I can either be President or Defense wherever my Prime Minister wants me.

If I am the President then we (One Israel) NEED to pick a Defense Minister that will:

1. Play on a regular basis.

2. Work with the COS to ensure that the units and improvements being produced directly support the COS's Operational plans.

We could have done a lot more in the past 6 turns if Defense and the COS would have been in synch.

Thats just MHO.

Comment

• By the way, I concur with Pinky's math. (And I did not have any Manishevitz last might )

I feel it should be 3,1,1 seats on the Knesset for:

One Israel, Center, Harmony.

BTW Yaro is around until thursday, he posted in the election thread today.

If you want him to check the results then send him a PM.

Comment

• I can still be the Economic Minister if you want me too.
                          I wish that me and the Defence Minister should have better contact than I and Emu had, so we can talk about what really needs to be rushbuyed AND WHY! We should also tell the front commanders to post in my thread what they would want to be rushbuyed since only thr defence minister has told me what he wanted the past few months..
                          Will my fellow party members (especially you Pinkygen, the leader) tell me what you think of my tax/science/luxury rates that I posted in the turn thread? I just feel that I could lower the science rate soon, because I feel that we need better units.

Comment

• I think we need to keep a semi-high science rate until we at least get Palmach units. Then we can decide to perhaps lower the science rate and focus on buying tanks and aircraft from abroad, rather than build them at home. But I think we should at least get to Palmach tech.
                            David Disraeli

Comment

• Okay, that was my plan too hehe..

Comment

• I thought we already had the Palmach tech...

Comment

Working...
                                X