X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science Poll, 1868

Make your voice heard

There are 5 questions to the poll.

Turning the science rate to 60% would give us 3 turns/tech instead of the current 4 turns, so it's a pollworthy issue, and question 1.

Question 5 may be jumping the gun a bit insofar as we don't know what will be offered once we have Advanced Flight, but it may be an issue quickly if we trade more.

Discussion welcomed here and in the Science Ministry's other current thread.
    1:Boost science rate to 60% at the expense of taxes
    6.35%
    1:Boost science rate to 60% at the expense of luxuries
    3.17%
    1:Leave science rate at 50%
    9.52%
    1:Turn science down (Luddite!)
    0.00%
    2:Use only demanded Freight for trading
    14.29%
    2:Use all non food Freight for trading
    4.76%
    3:Build Superhighways, then focus on Freight building
    9.52%
    3:Avoid Superhighways, build other improvements
    0.00%
    3:Build Superhighways, then more city improvements
    6.35%
    3:Just build Freight and trade like mad
    3.17%
    4:When we get Computers, build SETI
    12.70%
    4:No SETI, save the Freight, build Research Labs in 1-2 key cities
    3.17%
    5:After Advanced Flight, we should research Mass Production, to get to Computers and the space techs!
    15.87%
    5:No, Mobile Warfare for an 'offensive defence'!
    4.76%
    5:No, Genetic Engineering so we can build CfC and celebrate!
    1.59%
    5:No, Amphibious Warfare so the game can drag on forever!
    0.00%
    I have a better idea and posted it below.
    1.59%
    We need to build the SBI (Search for Banana Intelligence) program!
    3.17%

The poll is expired.

"I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

I say we go for superhighways at the very least. It will help beakers, luxuries, and taxes. We should get some universities and SETI too, and if Mass Production isn't available then go for Mobile Warfare. Looks good though.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
    Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
    Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
    Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

I voted for the path to computers on the last poll. Let's continue on our path to the stars.

I recommend lowering the lux rate, instead of the tax rate. I think that we can get away without causing discontent.

Taxes we need for other *special* projects.
      Also we can use them for city infrastructure, especially superhighways.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
        I recommend lowering the lux rate, instead of the tax rate. I think that we can get away without causing discontent.
        I believe there would be discontent in 4-6 cities with 20% lux. Of course, creating elvii would solve that. It would also add more micromanagement to the President's job (watching the attitude screen for impending unrest, or cities about to grow)... but that's ixnay's problem
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

No, that the problem for the cityplanner, the reallocation of workers, and creation of elvii.

It's still an option, especially if we need the tax.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

i'm not entirely sure what techs are available, the recommended paths are

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
              No, that the problem for the cityplanner, the reallocation of workers, and creation of elvii.

It's still an option, especially if we need the tax.
              Agreed!

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Working...
              X