No announcement yet.

Hydey reports 1784 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our return on Marketplaces (and Banks when we get them) only seem low because our current tax rate is unusually low. The current 10% tax rate won't provide a good return on infrastructure.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

JCP
      Markets/Banks/Stocks do not increase trade arrows!

53 trade is produced in Capitol due to the trade routes, and city squares worked. Tallying up the squares:

3(5) + 2(9) + 1(5) = 38 from city squares,

38 + 15 = 53 including trade routes.

Therefore, beaker production is unaffected by these improvements.

Agreed- the low tax rate is causing no return on these improvements- but it is too early for Stock exchanges.
      What is done is done- I don't think we should sell, but we have other priorities more important than Stock Exchanges, especially considering we are low on cash.

No more stock exchanges until our cities grow.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I agree that:

1. Markets/Banks/Stocks do not affect Science.

2. Banks (cost of 3 gold) and Stocks (cost of 4 gold) will not help most of our cities or at the current 10% Tax rate. They do pay off better for Luxuries (currently @ 30%).

3. There are probably better things for most cities to be building (and they are).

However, we only have a Bank and a Stock Exchange in CAPITOL, there are no other Banks or Stock Exchanges built or being built. We should not build more until they pay off better, either by the tax rate being increased or the basic trade arrows increasing in the other cities through more Workers or improved terrain.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18 Markets/Banks/Stocks do not increase trade arrows!
          I mixed gold and arrows !
          JCP
          Paris, FRANCE

Comment

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
            X