No announcement yet.

Hydey reports 1784 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 million.... isn't that more than China, (the real life one?)
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321
      9 million.... isn't that more than China, (the real life one?)
      No, not quite...
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

9 billion would be more than China, just
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
          9 billion would be more than China, just
          It is also more than the population of the planet...

The population of China is a bit above 1.2 billion (that's 1,200,000,000).

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I'm done my last polls (until next game)
            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321
              I'm done my last polls (until next game)
              This game may last another 6 months

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey

This game may last another 6 months
                So? Your Point?

Comment

Good turns
                  We are first even in income per capita and productivity at last, and Celts don't pass before us in powergraph.
                  But Celts are n° one in some items, as literacy : we need more libraries.
                  BTW : We already have 11 gallions: why 3 more in construction?
                  JCP
                  Paris, FRANCE

Comment

to build ship chains to carry our goods from one end of the world to the other and deliver them in the same turn they are produced.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

How does our Minister of Defence propose we defend our galleons?

As can be seen here we have 11 Galeons and a further 3 in production, but we are not building clads to protect them

Comment

Oh and can we get a screenshot of CAPITOL?

Comment

No need to protect galleons at this stage
                          Attached Files

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

looks a-ok to me

Comment

One problem.

Markets/Bank/Stocks earn 150 % more tax.
                              Total trade at 53 with 10% tax gives us 5 base tax.
                              5 base earns 7 with markets, 9 with bank and 12 with stocks.

Our costs are, IIRC:
                              0 for markets, 2 for banks and 4 for stocks each turn.
                              Therefore, for 7 extra tax, a stock exchange and bank costs us 6 per turn.

Why do we have no money? Here is why!

With bank, capitol will net 9 tax for 2 cost, or a total of 7
                              extra tax/turn, compared to our measly 6 with a stock exchange.

A stock exchange only adds 3 tax for a cost of 4!!!

People were not polled on adding Stock Exchanges!
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

OK, Tax rate is low, but market+bank+stockExch give 53 arrows ! Science and luxury benefit too

About gallions, Celts and perhaps Japs soon, will have clads.
                                I don't believe in a continuous sea road, even when we have transport.
                                (but it's my way of game : I prefer shorts shuttles between continents and railroads on shore !)
                                JCP
                                Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Working...
                                X