Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydey reports 1784 AD

Gifted all techs to mongols as requested

Along the way Discovered CHEMISTRY,MAGNETISM,EXPLOSIVES,STEAM ENGINE and RAILROAD, researching Industrialisation now.

our Population has almost doubled with WLTHD and our Capitol is size 17 and still growing @ 30 % lux
    pop over 9 million and number 1

Established embassy with Vikings (3 cities)

we have discovered most of the planet now as you can see from the attached map.

This will be my last session as the elections should be underway , if elections drag on I am happy to play another although I'm sure the next President would rather do things his way.
    Attached Files
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

defence

Attached Files

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

$ & science

if we deliver 451 worth of caravans we save a turn on techs, 900 will save 2 turns etc
      Attached Files

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

science

Attached Files

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

top 5 cities

Attached Files

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

demographics

Attached Files

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

powergraph

Attached Files

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Saves have been sent out to the current ministers, I suggest they poll the people so that the new President can play AS SOON as he is elected rather than waste another week.

If you don't get the save let me know.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I'll do it this in the afternoon!
                  Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

AWESOME session, Hydey. We now have 17 "white" techs, including just about everything after Banking. And it'll get even better once we build Darwin's Did we build all these techs, or were there trades and/or diplomats involved?

Our demographics and Powergraph positions are great, too. WELL DONE!!

Received save, forwarding to home system for further inspection. Will post initial tech polls shortly. We have most of the basics. Now it's time to plot our path to the stars!!
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Hmmm. Over 9MM ppl in 1784. I just realized, I've never done that in a solo game.

btw, any chance you can post some basic logs of the latest turns, Hydey? I think it'd make some fine reading.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

"I have never seen such the people in such a frenzy!
                        What could have possibly set them off?"

As the first newspaper reporter in the fledgling democracy of Apolyton, I cautiously ventured into the massed throng beseiging the refurbished castle of President Hydey. Suddenly, a sodden supporter thrust from the crowd stumbled at my feet.

"What is going on here? Why are the people so striken?"

"It's Hydey, sir. I've seen nothing like it! First he walked on the balcony of his castle, shouting to the masses below. I had to strain to hear his words, so far was I from the gates. Hydey clutched within his hammy fists huge sacks, such that he could barely lift from the floor."

"So what set off the crowd?"

"First, Hydey proclaimed:

'Here is 30% of all of the taxes exacted from you, the great people of Apolyton. Today, your confidence has been rewarded. This I return to you and your families!'

Heaving the sack from the balcony, the coins scattered throughout the crowd. I scrambled to gather my share."

"Clearly, Hydey's tax reforms were the root cause of all this mayhem."

"That, and the guy selling ale at the gates..."
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Outstanding work, President Hydey! I saw the 9 million population and almost fell off my chair! Congratulations.

I, too, would very much like to see the year-by-year record of the session. It's important to understand the flow of the game at the turn level. It's important to the Historian, also.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

the population growth happened when we discovered Magnetism in 1764 pop was about 5.4 million , the instant upgrade to galleons made WLTHD pop ups appears all over my screen.
                            In Capitol I had to build improvements to keep growth coming, sewers to go past 12, bank and colleseam for happy, these got paid for with caravan deliveries which also helped in techs which where all discovered as no-one will trade with us

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                              the population growth happened when we discovered Magnetism in 1764 pop was about 5.4 million , the instant upgrade to galleons made WLTHD pop ups appears all over my screen.
                              In Capitol I had to build improvements to keep growth coming, sewers to go past 12, bank and colleseam for happy, these got paid for with caravan deliveries which also helped in techs which where all discovered as no-one will trade with us
                              It's great to hear about 1764 and the explosion of WLTxD's. You took an opportunity in the game and got all the benefits possible from it. That's the mark of a great President and I applaud you for it.

But, could we learn more about the turn-by-turn play? That's one of the best parts of the game to me; learning how the game went each turn. I know you have been very busy lately, but if you could find the time, everyone would really enjoy reading about the turns.

If you can just scan your notes into a file and send it to me, I'll be glad to type them up and post them to help out.
                              Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Working...
                              X