Wise Men to Research -- WHAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wise Men to Research -- WHAT?

What shall our wise men study? Although we have a tech lead, there's a lot of important stuff on the wish list.

The last science poll got us started on the path of Medicine (now studying) - Chemistry - Explsives (engineers!)

We should also have Democracy available soon -- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Our WoW poll shows we should also be working toward Darwin's Voyage. For that, we need a lot... Astronomy - Navigation (caravel, Magellan's) - Physics - Steam Engine (ironclad) - plus Bridge Building, all before we hit Railroad.

VOTE FOR OUR NEXT TECH!!

2 DAYS ONLY -- HYDEY NEEDS TO PLAY!!
    Chemistry (engineers first!)
    13.33%
    Democracy (Republic is a drag! end the corruption!)
    80.00%
    Astronomy (first step on the road to Darwin's)
    0.00%
    Bridge Building (need it sooner or later...)
    6.67%
    Other Banana Tech (explain yourself below)
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Demo, it will almost double our trade

Comment

Democracy. It speeds up tech research, increases income and makes cities happier places.
      "It's not about whether you win or lose, it's about how many people you can slaugher playing the game...." - BruceTheStupid, 2400BC.

Comment

Go with democracy, then continue on towards explosives.

Comment

Demo 1st, Chemistry 2nd!
          Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Democracy-Game => Democracy

so we can start growing in all directions(pop/sci/improvements/WoW/money/...)

Shade
            ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
            "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
            shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Just give me the F *Ing report
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                Hydey is back in the house

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                  If you've been watching the vote totals, i'm sure you can figure it out

Comment

Looks like it is going to be a very definate choice to go for Democracy, and I agree. We couldn't get into Republic early enough for it to help us a whole lot, though it did speed up our tech rate and improve our trade dramatically for a couple of sessions.

I'll leave it to our new President to decide when it is safe to move to Democracy after we "discover" it. He is experienced and he knows when the Oedo years occur.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Send email to Hydey stating the obvious -- posting here too.

The ppl want Democracy. Our other goals are engineers and Darwin's Voyage/RR. If democracy is not available, pick a tech that will help toward those goals -- Astronomy/Navigation/Checmistry.

Wishing Hydey great success in his 2nd presidential term...
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Speaking of President Hydey... I asked you to let me know if you had received the save file, but I haven't heard back from you. Have you received it or not?

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                          Speaking of President Hydey... I asked you to let me know if you had received the save file, but I haven't heard back from you. Have you received it or not?

i imagine we all would have heard an earful if he hadn't received the game yet

Comment

Get Democracy!
                            In the first 'Democracy' game, we never were a Democracy, going from Monarchy to Communism.

Let us get Democracy in order to exploit an unused government form-

FUNDAMENTALISM!

Let's help build all of our city improvements through tithes, by building the SoL and switching to Fundy.
                            I believe that this will increase our science dramactically, more than making up for the loss of science under Democracy.

Maybe our new Prez can check it out for us, see if it will really save us time.

Congrats Hydey!
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Obiwan -- our society has decided to win this game by going to Alpha Centauri via representative govts. -- The republic and Democracy.

All other government forms are rejected.

Maybe we'll play for Fundy/Commie in Game 3...

Comment

Working...
                              X