Wise Men to Research -- WHAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by obiwan18
    Let's help build all of our city improvements through tithes, by building the SoL and switching to Fundy.
    I believe that this will increase our science dramactically, more than making up for the loss of science under Democracy.
    Fundi cuts our sience in half.

Demo gives us more sience then any other gouverment type. (Extra trade arrows and no corruption)

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18 Let's help build all of our city improvements through tithes, by building the SoL and switching to Fundy.
      I believe that this will increase our science dramactically, more than making up for the loss of science under Democracy.
      I am afraid you have it quitte backwards, Democracy will yield a much higher trade/science rate where as a fundy government has dificulty keeping up the science rate of monarchy There have been games where a fundy government has succesfully gone to AC but we have had a few trials in this game and are only ahead of teh AI by a nose, Fundy government now would throw us back just as we were finally getting ahead.
      Wizards sixth rule:
      "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
      Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

i must be tired, i can't remember what SoL is

Comment

Statue of Liberty

Is this the definitive proof that you're really a Brit?
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I don't advocate scientific research under fundy. It's far too slow. I do advocate a temporary Fundy gov't to boost city infrastructure.

The key with the Fundy gov't is the tithes. Building libraries and marketplaces in every city dramatically increases our tech rate when we restore Democracy. Using the tithes extorted by Mike's chapel we could accomplish this task quite quickly. What I do not know is whether we would discover more technologies by switching to fundy long enough to build marketplaces, temples and libraries in every city, and then converting back to Democracy, then we would get by staying in a Democracy.

The ratio between staying and switching depends on the number of cities. If we have a large number of small cities, then it becomes very beneficial to follow this system. Fundy tithes are proportional to the number of temples and cities, and not to the overall city size as is a Democracy. Not only does science increase, but it is much easier to go to WLPD with marketplaces everywhere.

The problem of extra trade arrows is significant. This is why I suggest 30 percent luxuries to sustain a WLPD under a fundy government. This salvages the extra trade per city square while sacrificing some tax revenue.

Agreed- we must follow representative governments. I bow to the edicts of mighty Apolyton.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
              Statue of Liberty

Is this the definitive proof that you're really a Brit?
              Doh! I knew I was going to have to smack myself for this...
              No, its proof positive I've been studying for my accounting exam too much. 3 hours of rest is not enough

When was I ever thought to be british?

Comment

Figured no American Civver would miss SoL so you must indeed be running on fumes.

(Of course, most Americans would think "SOL" to mean "sh*t out of luck"...)
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                X