No announcement yet.

City Planners discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This turn every city will likely be building a library or marketplace. I am just not sure if that will be sufficient enough to increase happyness. Raising the lux rate is not a good idea becouse we are tryingto get a tech lead, we are not makeing lots of cash but our science rate is
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

By sacrificing a few turns (5 - 10) at high Lux, we get explosive population growth and THAT will send our tech and production rates skyrocketing.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
        Still dont understand this throneroom thing though
        In what way? You mean how it works? Or why someone is remarking on us having a poor one?

The feature allows a player to build fancy additions to a throne room (something I enjoyed briefly while I was new to the game. But it has no effect on play, so I turned it off. It sort of like choosing to see a graphical representation of an individual city with the "view city" option.

But if someone is used to using it, and can make some estimation of a civ's happiness with it (entirely possible), ours must look horrible because we haven't been updating it (I didn't, at least). Perhaps the person who brought it up (forget who, sorry) looked at it and thought we had severe happiness problems...
        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
          By sacrificing a few turns (5 - 10) at high Lux, we get explosive population growth and THAT will send our tech and production rates skyrocketing.
          You mean "after we become a democracy", right? In Republic, WLTCD just gets us democracy-like *production*, I think. That's nothing to sneeze at, but it isn't population increase.

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear

You mean "after we become a democracy", right? In Republic, WLTCD just gets us democracy-like *production*, I think. That's nothing to sneeze at, but it isn't population increase.

Acctually I was under the impression that you did experience population growth But it does not last as it would in demo.
            Wizards sixth rule:
            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd

Acctually I was under the impression that you did experience population growth But it does not last as it would in demo.
              The Manual and the Civilopedia suggest we would not get population growth. On the other hand, they are inaccurate about "continent-only" Wonders, so maybe we do. I do not know for sure. Perhaps someone who does know could answer this?

Comment

WLTP gives an extra citizen in rep and demo as long as there is a surplus of food.

Only reason we cant do it in rep is becouse of the massive corruption.

Comment

I always wltcd in rep for the massive pop growth and then again when I get demo, size 30 cities have good trade.
                  The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Bad Cavebear! Bad boy!

Originally posted by cavebear
                    Cavebear --

Sorry, but I've got to send the right back atcha... The Republic celebrates with population growth just like Democracy. I'm at work and can't quote the civilopedia, but fortunately, we have the GL...

From Hawkx9 in the Great Library
                    The Republic should be coming soon, ...so the switch is made. It's nice to have Aqueducts and Harbors up by this time but it isn't really necessary. Now jack the luxuries and max out your cities. (I love watching my pop skyrocket.)
                    Obviusly, you've never used Republic much. It's a pain (unless you're the AI) but is definitely a key to early growth -- assuming you don't want to spend a fortune on Pyramids or Granaries.

-->> For the record, I do think we'll have a much easier time of managing this if we do it as part of the Demo switch.

This has been a public service announcement by the Science Ministry,
                    leading New Apolytonia to greater glory through research since 4000 BC.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Republic has the same properties of WLPD as a Democracy. The problem with Republic is that corruption saps available trade, draining luxuries necessary to sustain WLPD.

I've played too many OCC's where I stay in Republic the whole time! It took me a long time to figure out that I could attain 100 percent science to beat the AI.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                      X