No announcement yet.

The President Reports - 1440 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just wondering if, once we discover economics, we should switch production from the oracle to Adam Smiths? In case we haven't already done done so.

When playing on the higher levels I usually do not build city improvements till I get Adams. I then jump start production usually with temples and other one gold maint. items. Additionally as we are one our way to AC, I would suggest that we define key city production priorities now in order maximinse output later. For example mining key squares for increased production etc etc etc. I mean as we are playing Diety, do we want big cities or highly productive cities? If we want smaller cities do we therefore need harbours which increase food production, but no shields?

Thoughts, comments and criticisms welcome....
    "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
    "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Originally posted by JCP
      Again good turns , even if less lucky with Barbs than Hydey !
      You will be happy to know that in every MP game I have played since my kingship ended, I have been bombarbed with barbs including 1 game when they killed my second settler and my capital very early to allow me to see the loser screen.
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by atomant
        I am just wondering if, once we discover economics, we should switch production from the oracle to Adam Smiths? In case we haven't already done done so.
        I agree, we have a lot of city's and WLTC will be very difficult even with markets in place.

Furthermore only our core will celebrate in rep as the other city's have too much corruption.

Lets go for the money

Comment

CELEBRATION DEMAND

Nonononono!!!!!!!!!!!

CELEBRATE! CELEBRATE!!!

We're screwing around with 10% Lux in Rep and we're worried??!??!!? What's wrong with you nervous Nellies?

Pump up the Luxuries -- even 60-70% if it's needed -- and get our cities to size 8-plus ASAP.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Even with 70% lux only 5 city's in our core will be celebrating, and these are allready size 5-6.................

Comment

And what would be wrong with that?

And we're probably just a few adjustments away from more celerations.

For that matter, rush a few aqueducts and get to 12. The extra production would rock, and with adam smith coming soon, the infrastructure would eventually be free...
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Great job, Cavebear!

Originally posted by cavebear
                Demographics1440AD:
                First in pop., first in land, 5th in the hearts of his countrymen.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                  Foreign1440AD:
                  How did our reputation get to be Dishonourable???

Comment

We need enough camels for Leo's and the Adam Smith, plus as many as we can spare for overseas trade. The Oracle is a joke due to its early expiration.

I agree that infrastructure is now needed, Markets first, thenLibraries.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                      And what would be wrong with that?

And we're probably just a few adjustments away from more celerations.

For that matter, rush a few aqueducts and get to 12. The extra production would rock, and with adam smith coming soon, the infrastructure would eventually be free...
                      Better to improve our city's so that when we go demo we can celebrate our whole empire.

Rushing a few city's to size 12 now will also mean we have to keep a high lux rate

Comment

Apologies for the lack of a science poll this term, but I've got some midterms to deal with here. From the last poll, we decided to go for medicine->chemistry->explosives after economics/gunpowder. Do you guys want me to put up a poll anyways or should we just keep going on this path?

Comment

It's the end of the month, so we probably have enough direction for now. During the November term, I plan to take over and subtly influence a few changes, thus ensuring continuation of our technological dominance.

Comment

I came in a wee too late for the science poll
                            so I have not had a chance to vote on the tech thread. Explosives are but from what I have seen there is not that much land left to develop. Therefore, we can afford to wait for engineers. How about Sanitation after medicine? It will help our cities grow from all the

we seem to be planning!
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

[SIZE=1] Do you guys want me to put up a poll anyways or should we just keep going on this path?
                              The path is clear, and as we have a poor discovery rythm, new propositions are to be advanced for the next month !
                              JCP
                              Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                                I came in a wee too late for the science poll
                                so I have not had a chance to vote on the tech thread. Explosives are but from what I have seen there is not that much land left to develop. Therefore, we can afford to wait for engineers. How about Sanitation after medicine? It will help our cities grow from all the
                                we seem to be planning!
                                Actulally we have a wide range of land we could seatle on all the islands. The main land has room fro about 3 more cities, the middle island room for at least one, and the west most land is a large continent taht sofar is only inhabited by us and barbarians. We have lots of room to expand but our resources are very shallow now. We need more infrastructure and a faster growth rate, both of which we should see develop within the first few turns of next term. Thats why I wanted to be city planner again, it we be very exciting to see our tech, pop, and production go thru the roof in this republic.

Wizards sixth rule:
                                "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                                Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Working...
                                X