No announcement yet.

The President Reports - 1440 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, your thinking of the Orcale, it doulbe the efficiency of the temples, Mysticsim just increases the efficiency, (It dosen't tell by how much though.)
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321
      Well, your thinking of the Orcale, it doulbe the efficiency of the temples, Mysticsim just increases the efficiency, (It dosen't tell by how much though.)
      That's what I said: "increases the efficiency of Temples".

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Re: Re: Re: The President Reports - 1440 AD

Originally posted by cavebear

I'm sure that would take care of the problem. But think about the happiness count. Cordoba has a Temple, 2 Phalanx, and a Cathedral (Mike's). Those should make 1+2+3 unhappy citizens content on their own,
        Martial law doesnt work under rep.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: The President Reports - 1440 AD

Originally posted by atawa

Martial law doesnt work under rep.
          I forgot that!
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Well it's kinda obvious that I need to do my damnedest to get Gunpowder ASAP. With no more immediately urgent WoWs (and right now none of much importance but Adam's anyway), this is what I will do - trade routes WHEREVER cargoes are demanded, even our own cities if it helps.

Sound good?
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
              this is what I will do - trade routes WHEREVER cargoes are demanded, even our own cities if it helps.

Sound good?

We will get more money when sending goods that are not in demand to Canton then sending demamded goods to our own city's.

(Unless they are both big and on different island)

Under no circumstances trade on the same island

Comment

Re: Re: Re: The President Reports - 1440 AD

Is it because there is some corruption? We are "at war" with other civs? Our reputation is "Dishonorable"? 20 cities?
                what about double unhappy ppl(black citizens)

Shade
                ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: The President Reports - 1440 AD

Originally posted by shade

what about double unhappy ppl(black citizens)

Shade
                  Whats that? Never got it I guess.
                  Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The President Reports - 1440 AD

Originally posted by 123john321
                    Whats that? Never got it I guess.
                    when playing Diety(or one of the higher levels) your citizens are made unhappy very easy.(eg IIRC if you have more then 7 or 8 cities in monarchy you start your next city with a red face...if you keep building cities and end up round city number 14 or so you start with a black face. If you then introduce something that would make an unhappy citizen content , a black citizen improves to a red face. eg a temple makes a black face content or 2 red faces content)

try a save of a deity game with big cities and go check out the happinesdistribution in the city(happinessbutton in city-screen) then you'll see black faces/red faces/content/happy.

Shade
                    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

We need to start building things other than just Caravans and Diplomats. We need Libraries, Banks, Universities, Harbors, etc. If we don't do some serious tech development to get to Factories and such real fast, we'll never get *close* to a spaceship.

I suggest we keep a stash of Caravans for Wonders, and trade a bit with the Chinese, but mainly focus on city infrastructure for a while.

Comment

We need to start building things other than just Caravans and Diplomats. We need Libraries, Banks, Universities, Harbors, etc. If we don't do some serious tech development to get to Factories and such real fast, we'll never get *close* to a spaceship.

I suggest we keep a stash of Caravans for Wonders, and trade a bit with the Chinese, but mainly focus on city infrastructure for a while.

I dont agree, a caravan with goods in demand by Chinese will bring us 150-200 beakers at least

Add to that the same amount of gold and the caravans pay for the harbours and library's.

I suggest we make sure every low corruption city have 3 traderoutes with Chinese before rushbuilding improvements.

Comment

I've always depended on improving cities by production rather than buying improvements with gold, but I'm willing to give a other methods a try. That's one of the reasons I'm playing the Demo games; to learn new ways of success that did not occur to me on my own.

We are currently building 12 Caravans among our 20 cities, so we should have plenty of them coming along for a trading civ that buys all the city improvements. If the Citizens want to pursue our game strategy that way, I will implement that and learn from the experience. It sounds interesting. I have to admit that I am intruiged!

Comment

Why not rush the Oracle? It only expires with Theology, and we are the only nation with even Monotheism. This will help if we try to go into WLTPD strategy and grow all of our cities up to size 8! After we get gunpowder- why don't we flip to 70% Lux and start celebrating?
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Welcome, obiwan! The WLTxD is a good strategy. It's just that we have just now gotten into Republic and need to consolidate our poisition in that. City growth via WLTxD can start soon, and I look forward to us doing that.

Comment

Again good turns , even if less lucky with Barbs than Hydey !
                                - Cordoba in Disorder; I thought they were OK with a new citizen with Temple and Mike's but was wrong.
                                As other posts says : with our number of cities, the "riot factor" is to be taken in account !
                                At this level, I often must put luxury to 20% !
                                And don't forget the units outdoor !
                                For the following, we urge to discover powder, to secure our cities by Leo's.
                                Then we may increase luxury to 50% for WLT*D, but the growing will be limited as we have no acqueduc !
                                One of the next aim would be democracy, to eradicate corruption !
                                Last edited by JCP; October 28, 2002, 09:16.
                                JCP
                                Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Working...
                                X